1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vote: Lutris

Because he is cooler than me.

2. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

More specifically:

Total players: 30

Coven Witches: 4
    Junior Witches: 5

Villagers: 10
    Holy Villagers: 6
    Village Lovers: 2
    Village Spies: 3

brb updating op with this helpful info that I totally forgot.

3. Lungs

High Score:
    Kk, serious posting now.

Lungs for Court and shit, because I do role reads that would be superbeneficial after we clearCourt.

I have a bit of a problem with following instructions (blame that which smells like teen spirit and is sold in small baggies), but I mean well and I intend to play this game to the very, very best of my ability. Sort of like D1 (and only D1!) HoT2.

Lutris is making me uncomfortable, which is the real reason why I voted for him, but I'm not sure he's scum just yet.

Kai looks like generic town kai but it's post one so it's post one and stuff.

Eido's posting like town!Eido, the difference is in the smugness, but that's also stuff that you can metashift.

jwlk's kneejerk is very jwlk but it's also slightly scummy - it seems too much like "oh advantage, i can refer back to my 'town'ness if I'm in a bit of trouble", smells like DLPhunt jwlk.

People start posting like crazy!

---------- Post automerged at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

@Chocopi: Will judge get to hit someone if we don't lynch?

4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

You seriously asking this, Lungs?

5. Lungs

High Score:
    yeah it's like, sort of weird phrasing "you may choose to lynch" as if there's no consequence to a no-lynch? idk.

6. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

So far, most suspicious of Lungs and (kinda) Lutris. Perhaps due to asianness?

7. Sirion

Sirion First Year

Sweet. Another game of WH!
    Hello people I've never played with, hello people I've played with.

I'm Sirion, I've got like 6-7 games total and only one (currently still running) game of witchhunt.

I'm cramming for a test tomorrow, so I won't be very active tonight, but I will pick up after that.

8. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Clearly.

The fuck? I was just stating a general trend that made playing mafia games less fun than they could've been for me- I always ended up dying early for one reason or another. I never got to stick around past the first few Days, so I guess saying that I want to live long enough to enjoy playing is a scum tell for you?

:/

9. Lungs

High Score:
    -.- Racism everywhere.

Rescind I keep forgetting my metareads on you~

10. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Everything is a scum tell Lutris, because the Town is inherently paranoid. The question is whose scum tell is the most scummy.

Nonetheless, I don't feel much scum from anyone right now.

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I had the opposite problem: I scale websites at 80% or 90%, by default because of the small screen on my netbook. That cut off the right edge of the Moscone box.

Anyway. I'd say the King would make a great pick if he picked me. Do want into King's Court :3

What is this I don't even. For all you know, you might be a witch. Are you trying some sort of double blind experiment?

12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

So far I have no serious suspicions of anyone as far as scum goes.

But I do like how roles and whatnot are assigned in this game compared to how it was done in the last couple of games I played. I.e. your Role or whatever isn't linked to your faction or whatever in the same way. Or something?

Eh, at any rate, I like the idea of using Moscone but my inability to read it without bending myself over my keyboard and squinting at the screen does take some of the enjoyment out of it.

Ah well :p

---------- Post automerged at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Oh, King's Court -- I'd be up for trying that out and might be somewhat useful, but mostly I just want to keep the spots out of scummy hands where possible.

Who has said they want to be on it so far...

Ash, Lungs, & Sesc?

Did I make any of those up or miss anyone? I'm suspicious of the first two based on past games, but that doesn't mean that they are scum for certain sure. But they are aggressive players in the sense that if they were scum they'd probably step up right away... I think? Don't know enough about Sesc to say one way or another.

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

king should be picking from his townreads out of the entire playerlist, not just those that actively campaign for it.

campaigning for it just gives you more opportunity to sell yourself as town.

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Not that I disagree, but how many reads do you think there will be? I rather fear the King will be poking with a stick in the dark.

Then again, there's lots of day left. Maybe someone derps enough to disqualify themselves right off the bat :p

15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

A few good, solid derps would give us a nice lynch target too -- plenty of time, like you said!

16. Eidolonic

Post 8. I'm down for court stuff. Some of you know me, some don't. I'll be posting, and I'll be raging at those that don't post. Activity is good.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

well that's why there should be talking going on.

Ok let's get /something/ started.

Ashaya, lungs, sesc: Since you guys have explicitly expressed interest in being on the court, as part of that - Lead a lynch on someone.

That goes for everybody who campaigns for court too.

If you campaign for court, you're ALSO campaigning to see someone lynched.

ok, go.

18. Eidolonic

I'm down with lynching Azira.

Why? Because, well. It was entertaining as hell in DLPHunt watching him pull the self righteous 'You must be scum for suspecting me' shit, and I want to see how he reacts to pressure. And get posts happening.

So, yeah.

Azira. Convince me you're town.

Lynch: Azira

19. Lungs

High Score:
    I'm sort of down with lynching Kai, because I'm annoyed by his superaggro, but while it's slightly counterproductive, it's also not a net bad because participation.

The problem is that there aren't enough posts for me to read, and the only person who I really red flagged was Ash, and it was completely reactionary >_> So it's not even like, a thing.

Sure, I'll lead a lynch, but if no one gives me a scumtell, I'm not going to campaign to randomlynch town actively, though I will vote so that the judge doesn't coopt our democratic system >_>

20. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ok so I was totally shitting about Lu, I just like him. I have no clue yet.

I'm taking this game a little more seriously than usual, finally doing a spreadsheet and stuff.

I'd love to get King's Court but am way more interested in why others might think they deserve it.