1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Chatroom

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Jjf88, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatroom_(film)

It's not a new film, it was out in 2010 (not sure if there's already a thread on it but trying to search for chatroom would have been a fucker).

It's about a group of people that meet online. Their interactions are symbolised by a hotel room which is supposed to be a physical representation of the chat room.

The story is that one kid who's recovering from self harming has opened up a chat room and there's a depressed guy, a guy who has feelings for his friend's kid sister, a model with body issues, and another girl who's there to be the "good one" of the group.

The story is basically the self harmer likes to watch other people commit suicide and tries to get others to do it.

The acting in it by the cast is really strong. I found it moving because it really does happen in real life which makes it that much scarier. The plot is a bit basic, but I really felt connected to the story and that doesnt' happen often.

It's a great film which I didn't sell very well but I think people should try and see it.

2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sounds pretty over-angsty and shitty.

Try Trainspotting instead.

3. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Seen it. It's not shit, imo. I may have sold it in the worst way possible but I enjoyed it. Wouldn't say it's better than Trainspotting, but I still enjoyed it.

4. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Just seen it. It was decent-ish, sort of. Way too niche for most people's taste, I believe, but as I study Internet Psychology it was moderately enjoyable. It's a good movie for schools and stuff I suppose, but I wouldn't watch it just for the sake of it. Not a waste of time, but there are plenty of better movies.