1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Apocalypse Week by Eternal Contradiction - T - Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by Celestin, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Title: Apocalypse Week
    Author: Eternal Contradiction
    Rating: T
    Genre: Romance/Humor
    Fandom: Big Bang Theory
    Pairings: Sheldon/Penny
    Summary: Sheldon Cooper is crazy, but also kind of made of awesomeness. Or at least that's how Howard puts it. Penny thinks there's a possibility he's made of sexy, and really, the world must be ending if she has to suppress wayward urges to kiss him.
    Link: FFN

There was a time when I was searching for decent Sheldon/Penny fics, because I think they have a great potential as an odd romantic couple (it was before Sheldon got his similar to him girlfriend). Unfortunately, most of these stories tends to turn Sheldon into Gary Stu, even if they manage to keep some aspects of his personality (perfect example of this is The Paladin Protocol).

This one, even if it does make Sheldon more cool, manages to actually sell it as something that he could do. Meaning, he organize a titular apocalypse week to prepare himself and his friends for a (less than) possible end of the world involving aliens, zombie, terminators etc.

Meanwhile Penny discovers that she may feel something more to Sheldon than just a friendship.

It's a fun read and gets strong 4/5 from me.

2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Just read this. It was my first ever BBT fic, and I quite enjoyed it. I don't read much TV fanfiction, and some things are translated badly, but all in all, it was a good read. Slightly amusing, not ridiculously sappy and shippy.

It's fairly believable in most respects.

I'm rating it 4/5.

3. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Not bad not bad at all. It is first ever BBT story I read. Not disappointed.
    4/5 from me.

4. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I've tried a few BBT fics in the past, and apart from that Firefly crossover I couldn't get into any of them.

This really manages to characterise everyone pretty well, especially Penny's narrative. Even the gushing way she describes Sheldon doesn't feel out of place from her point of view somehow (unlike most other BBT fics).

There were a few points that felt forced (mainly on how knowledgable Penny is about things, such as the guns) but overall really well put together fic which ended at a good point.

I also thought it was fairly cool that all of Sheldon's plans were really preparation of realistic events in the guise of ridiculous situations.

4/5.

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Can you link me to that fic? I'd be highly interested in reading it.

6. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

The Space Angel Angle. It's pretty entertaining (if only for the awesome interaction between River and Sheldon), albeit still in its infant stages, and hasn't been updated for a few months.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Romance - Jayne & Sheldon C.

Should I be worried?

8. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Huh, I wonder. Never even noticed that. Uh oh.

Certainly hasn't gotten to anything vaguelly along that line so far...

9. kalespr

kalespr Fourth Year

I really enjoyed this one. The characterization was pretty good, the premise is right up the alley of Sheldon's kind of crazy, and I don't recall any glaring flaws in the execution. The only major thing holding the fic back is that there are a few moments where one experiences a "Really? That just happened? Uhh... I guess I buy that; maybe," moments. I feel it also somewhat suffers from a lack of deeper knowledge of apocalypse-type scenarios/simulations on the author's part.

4/5

Last edited: May 23, 2012