1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto/tenten fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by CrackedMind, Apr 21, 2012.

1. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Is there any quality Naruto/tenten fics out there? I've gotten into them after reading Cutting loose, but I dont know if I have it in me to wade through the shite that is standard FFN.

2. Panther

Panther Third Year

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  3. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Other than Panther's recommendations, I've only read two other ones and they haven't actually reached the romantic relationship stage.

Nin Tech which is not to be taken seriously. Back when it was updating, it was a guilty pleasure.

Naruto and his Uzumaki Heritage which is written in a snippet form about a seal-master-in-training Naruto.

If you don't mind non-Naruto-centric fics, The Middle Ground is a well-written Shino/Tenten and Weapons Cast Away is a Tenten/Kimimaro one-shot.

4. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well now I feel slightly guilty for not updating Cutting Loose for a while.

5. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

you should, Chengar. :v

But thanks for all of the suggestions, guys.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd still take more Dresden/Ponies/Evangelion over Naruto. :p

7. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Cutting Loose is definitely going to be on the back burner until MLD is finished up (probably only about five chapter left). Once MLD's taken care of, I might get back to Cutting Loose.

Maybe not though; I'll admit I've mostly fallen out of the Naruto fandom, not to mention I much prefer writing from a first-person POV now.

8. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

Cutting Loose ignited my flames of youth as well. I got a basic summary for a Naruto and Tenten story but thats about it. Basically revolves around the academy instructors failing Lee and putting Naruto on the team with Neji and Tenten in the hopes he might die. Pretty much what they did to Lee, but look how he turned out?

A Naruto training under Guy might mess him up in the head even more, but think of the possibilities... Naruto uses like 2 jutsus (Rasengan, Shadow Clone); I don't think I've ever read a story where he hasn't used both (barring ones that he hasn't reached that point yet, of course) so that leaves Guy pretty much turning into an unstoppable taijutsu machine...

I think it has some potential. Besides that, I like reading competent Naruto stories where he isn't obsessed with Sakura and Sasuke.