1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Helpful Websites

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, May 4, 2012.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The title says it all. Post any and all websites that can help players become better or worse. Yeah.

2. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Mobafire is shit.

Oracle of Legends

Newly made counter-pick database for the community. Put who you think counters what in, receive ups and downs. In a few weeks, check back to see what actually counters what.

Leaguecraft

For all your mastery/item builder needs. Has some guides. Still meh, but better than mobafire by far.

LoL Wiki

Stats for everything.

LoL Matches

Download the virus free program. Run it before LoL starts. Check your normal Elo, champ pick trends, and other info.

3. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

http://oracleoflegends.com/
    http://solomid.net
    http://clgaming.net

Read the comments on all of the guides you read and check the post date. See what general reviews are before you take a guide as gospel. Take all guides, even by pros, with a grain of salt. A lot of people who have no business writing guides post them on mobafire and spread nonsense. I saw an influx of vlads taking teleport/ignite because of some god awful guide that got top rated or featured or some bullshit on one of these websites.

4. redshell

redshell Order Member

5. Evan Tide

Guide to Ward Placement

Ward Guide

An oldie but a goodie.

6. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    lolcounter.com

A website dedicated specifically to information on how to counter, and who counters each and every champion. Including which mechanics they are weak against, items that counter them and champions who counter them as well as champions they counter.

For instance..

Ryze

Also provides ability CD and damage information. Great if you're having troubles with specific champions.

It's a much simpler interface for what oracleoflegends.com wants to be, minus the user-generated content and review.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Excellent site right here. Every statistic you've ever wondered about and super convenient.

8. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

9. Evan Tide

LoL Replay

Lets you record matches and watch them again by making the game client rebuild the match. Has some limits, such as unable to record spectate matches and unable to see HP values of enemies if you weren't watching them at that time during the game,

10. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

http://www.lolpro.com/

Solomid guides are legit too. CLG has guides now, though I am unsure of their quality.

Also the r/leagueoflegends is pretty good for info, but can also be full of e-drama from time to time.

11. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Could you please explain why? Is it simply the content and effectiveness of the guides?
    I've used Mobafire for the longest time since it was the first result on google for [champion name] guide. They're well organized, easy to read and the graphics are up to date, unlike many of the SoloMid guides that still show the old masteries. The SoloMid guides themselves are updated on a regular basis and a hell lot more detailed than Mobafire's, but they're pretty clunky.

12. redshell

redshell Order Member

Because Mobafire's guides just aren't good.

In example;

Mobafire Lux

Solomid Lux

First problem with the mobafire guide is clarity/tele on Lux. Not only does she not need Clarity - as any decent jungler will probably be giving Lux blue like candy - but flash is a better spell than every other movement spell. Ghost is better for outrunning a gank, but there's nothing like flashing over a wall and reducing any incoming damage to nothing. Ghost can't claim the same. Neither can tele, which will not save you from a gank. Second problem with the mobafire guide is sacrificing AP for AD. On an AP champion.

The rest of it is actually not bad, but zhonya's is (questionably) a waste of space on Lux, as is Banshee's. Any decent Lux will never be anywhere near needing to pop the active on Zhonya's, but BV? Put a RoA in that spot, or better yet, pick up a tear of the goddess early on and turn it into an Archangel's.

Mejai's is decent and worth the money if you can keep it above 6 stacks, but you never will because Lux is full squishy and any jungler worth their salt can and will find you and shred you to pieces.

Also, on the subject of outdated solomid guides, the principle remains the same, as do the items and runes, for the most part. Another thing, for solomid guides, find a balance between likes ratio and how recently it was updated.

The only issue with the guide on solomid is dropping a point in AP for a point in Summoner's Wrath, so you can get that extra 5 AP when ignite is on cooldown. The problem is, ignite doesn't scale into late game well at all, and when will you ever be close enough to use it?

As far as the build goes, QSS for jackasses like Warwick, WotA for everything else, because it feels amazing to have spell vamp on an ult that does 1k damage, especially since at most you probably got a little poked by their AD/AP carry before they got blown up by the rest of your team.

Morello's on Lux is a decent buy, because my God the CDR, but, again, you'll never be close enough to use the active, which is why Morello's is actually a better buy than DFG, at least on Lux.

13. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Huh. I was wondering why on earth why people do that. I guess I have mobafire to thank for incredibly easy mid lanes. lol

14. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Clarity/Tele on Lux....

Lux is my favorite champion. But I find that Clarity/Tele is useful in Soloqueue. Since often you get greedy junglers (or top lanes with this new tanky-ap top lane meta going on). Often enough if I don't take clarity I have to choose between being able to farm at a respectable level and having enough mana to be safe against running out during a teamfight/engagement since I get Udyrs and Lee Sins and Malphites who take it 'for the cooldowns' or 'for the exp' two, three, four times in a row after the first time.

In a ranked match you're right, Clarity/Tele is shit and will continue to be shit. But in soloqueue normal or draft mode It allows me to play safe and farm against someone like Leblanc or Kassadin without denying myself scads of EXP because I'm constantly leaving lane so they don't burst me down with or without a gank.

If I have a jungler I KNOW will feed me blue I'll actually generally take Teleport/Flash or Flash/Ghost if I feel like I'm going to be getting lots of pressure/ganks mid.

As for AD on lux? Yeah, I use that guide a fair amount, but I've never agreed with that masteries choice. I find that Mobafire is a great guideline but a terrible rulebook, whereas solomid is a great rulebook, but a terrible guideline.

It just depends on what you use them for, I suppose.

When I'm learning a new character? I use one of the top mobafire guides. Since their guides generally allow for more latitude without a significant drop in performance. When I'm fairly good and want to get better? I use solomid. Since their guides are generally about fine points and combinations or stratagems only those familiar with a character can use effectively.

15. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

If I see tele/clarity on Lux, I gank that lane. If I am top, I go to gank that lane. If I am jungle, I go to gank that lane. If I am mid, I request heavy ganks by saying "Lux has 0 escapes, free kills" which is more or less the truth. Teleport is perfectly reasonable but not taking flash or an escape of any kind when you are playing a character with 0 escapes is asking to be ganked heavily.

And quite frankly, she's relatively easy to gank

16. Evan Tide

Mobafire is utterly dead to me as far as guides go. The vast majority of it is completely terrible and the decent ones still give crap advice.