1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Right or Easy by razzle-dazzle-me - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by ip82, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Right or Easy
    Author: razzle-dazzle-me
    Rating: T
    Genre: Angst
    Pairings: Harry/Cho
    Chapters: 12
    Words: 41,552
    Updated: January 10, 2007
    Published: May 25, 2005

Summary: AU The final battle has been won, but was it worth the cost? Harry, alone and determined, sets out to rewrite history for a better world. Pity the bloody timeturner isn't working right…
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2408594/1/

20-something Harry travels to an Alternate Reality where Neville is the BWL. This Harry is rather angsty, but also powerful (he defeated Voldemort). He takes the position of the Divination teacher, which he uses to teach Occlumency, and starts dating Cho (no he doesn't use his teaching post to get chicks... cheez..).

Downside to this fic is angst and poetic writing style, which I personally don't like, but other people might.

All in all, a solid AU story, with lots of angst and action scenes. Interesting enough IMO.

Checked by Minion, December 23, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
  2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Awesome story...

I just wonder why Razz didn't post it here herself - she is a member.

I don't mind the angst, it works well, and the writing style flows.

Recommended.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

She is? Maybe she was too shy to promote her own work?

4. Element

Element Seventh Year

Adored this fic, really enjoyed it. I'm not minding the angst either, although it is a little over the top. Pity about Cho being a rather ditzy bitch, and the relationship not being permanent. I didn't find any problems with the writing style, although I guess you couldn't describe it as pure prose. Nothing wrong with it, however.

Apart from the last chapter, I haven't seen much evidence of Harry being very powerful, but perhaps thats just me. I'd really love to see more incidents of Harry using his knowledge from the other dimension to convince others that he really is a master of Divination, but perhaps thats just me finding it very funny.

5. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Some people can be pretty brutal on here. So it is understandable.

I really like this. Its a shame that the updates are so infrequent.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  6. Cupspeaker

Cupspeaker Looked into the void

The writing style is solid, and the story seems good. I just couldnt get past the first chapter because I kept losing interest. Angst is not for me, and even though there isnt much of it in the prologue... The whole genre puts me off.

7. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I thought this had some very good ideas, and is shaping up to be a good fic. Writing style isn't my thing, but it's cool enough. My only real problem is how stupid Harry seems to be. For a kid who managed to manipulate Lucius Malfoy into freeing his house elf, manipulate slughorn into giving up the memory, and who managed to avoid the Dursley's in his pre-hogworts years, I found it annoying how he couldn't keep his emotions in check around anyone, made everyone suspicious of him, and never had one intelligent excuse for anything he's done. I mean, couldn't he at the very least use Occulemency so he doesn't stare at his parents and Sirius at the party? I mean jeez, he's supposed to be a bit discrete.

I'm probably being a little over the top about it, I just hate it when Harry makes stupid mistakes all the time in fics. But this is a real nice little fic, pity about slow updates though.

8. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Looked through first couple of chapters, it does flow rather nicely. And H/C I see. I'm surprised Sera hasn't eaten this up already.

I guess the angst could be a kicker, though that seems quite moderate for now.

edit: oh never mind about the H/C. Author said the romance with Cho was a filler. Did a fairly good job of portraying the interaction.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  9. razz

razz Seventh Year

Recommend myself to you lot? Fuck no.

Su-ah-cide.

Honestly, I don't even like this fic all that much. It has been going on for over a year now - that's a long time, and my taste has changed so much since then. When I originally posted the prologue there were even snatches of soppy H/G (they have, thankfully, long ago been edited out). Any motivation I had to write this has long ago died, though - but I kind of feel obligated, you know? I hate it when people abandon shit on me, so.

I do have the whole thing planned out, so it's not too hard to keep going ... but there are so many plot holes, so much that just makes me want to delete the bloody lot of it.

Besides that, I do have an embarrassingly, shameful amount of WIP's ...

I've been thinking of chucking the whole lot of them in, and starting a fic that I might be able to stick to, if that's at all possible.

But anyway, thanks for the mention ;)

xxoo

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Best solution when you grow tired of fic? End it.

Simply edit your last chapter and have Harry blow Voldemort in that duel. The prophecy is revealed and his secret comes to light. There's a slopy scene with his parents and quick closure of other scenes. Maybe a Wizengamot trial scene, where his parents pick him over goverment. And that's it. Case closed. The end.

11. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

ok, i liked this fic, though harry kind of seem a bit stupid. te genre is good though... i am sure you could change the story to comfort one of your ideas? if not i will just rearead a new world by finbar :ppp

It is good to hear you evolved since last year. if you really don't like that storym you should just ditch it :/ as long as you are zritingm ;ost of your godesssworshipper will understad :)

12. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

What IP82 said... if you dont want to carry on, give it some closure. Write a final chapter and let us all move on....(Weep)

13. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Pity...I like it alot. Your other story, the one with the french Harry isn't nearly as good as this one.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  14. razz

razz Seventh Year

Aw, thanks guys ;)

I already have the next chapter half done, and then a few rough drabbles for the one after that, so it'll definitely go on to there. I redirected my plan today, so I hope to have it finished off at thirteen chapters (lovely round number).

It'll be left more up in the air, though - I'm not going to rush through and have Harry save the world in the last 10K. But no worries, it will be conclusive.

I'm yet to decided, too, if Harry will blab to everyone who he really is. If I did, though, it'd be at the very, very end. Like the last paragraph. Or sentence.

xxoo

15. XTakaX

XTakaX Guest

^.^ Well, that's definitely good to hear! I can't stand it when an author rushes through the ending and everything happens all at once. Granted, it's gotta be a little rushed, because the minute Harry's found out, certain things have to happen, but I think I'd settle for never knowing their exact reaction. It leaves room for imagination, no?

16. Toruviel

Toruviel Squib

I really like this story. I'd been updated recently (if you don't konw). I think it's a good story to read, if you don't mind a litte angst - I don't. :)

17. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

This story is one of the few Harry as a teacher storys I've been able to read and enjoy, very recommended

18. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

Updated back in January, only just read the new chapter. To tell you the truth it irritates me. All of a sudden it goes into the order having summoned him to be their weapon.

The last two chapter essentially being Harry wanting to let go and actually enjoy his second chance, only to have the order hunting him down. The only way I can really see this going is essentially Harry going ape-sh*t and killing everyone or at least hurting them very very badly, especially Cho.

It looks like the next chapter is either going to be incredibly good or well bad.
    Not to much actual constructive criticism that I can give, this chapter was rather good when I look at it objectively. It just rubs me the wrong way as I don't look at it objectively to often =P. Most especially the ending with Cho . . . I sincerely hope that Harry castrates them all both verbally AND physically (perhaps mentally for a select few =D.)

Heh, thinking about it Sera, or LT2000 now, would probably be displeased the way this story went =P.

Sorry if the post bounced around a little, it's getting late here . .

19. Calen

Calen Fourth Year

^^^ Or since Cho's obviously the Order's whore, he could demand her services for his services, make them really work for his help; all kinds of demands.

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Only slightly. This fic never really gave me the vibe that the Harry/Cho was going to work out in the long run to begin with. I'm just hoping for some violent retribution on Harry's part when or if it gets updated again.