1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stolen Magic by WhatAreYouEvenSaying - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Stolen Magic
    Author: WhatAreYouEvenSaying
    Rating: M
    Genre: Romance/Action/Adventure
    Pairings: Harem (H/Fleur and H/Tonks hinted so far)
    Summary: Post-GoF. Voldemort surprises Harry at Privet Drive, but gets more than he bargained for. Harry winds up with Fleur's veela abilities and a bit more power. Harry/Harem
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2975056/1/
    Smut link (NC17): http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=16605

Finally the third non-slash veela!Harry story in Potterverse!

The plot is eerie similar to Mrridler's story; In a magical incident after GOF Harry 'steals' Fleur's Veela powers and some of Voldemort's own magic. Writing style and characterisation seem fine in this one chapter that is out so far.

The only thing that bothers me is that this author had one other harem fic, that had Ginny and Hermione as parts of the harem...

*Shrugs* We'll see how this one turns out.

2. Element

Element Seventh Year

Not bad, not bad at all. Something is screaming at me for future Harry/Ginny, despite Harry's derogatory comments. I doubt it'll happen though, as I'm finding it impossible to envision Harry/Fleur/Tonks/Ginny.
    I enjoyed it, anyway. Need to keep an eye on this one but y'know, romance being placed in front of action/adventure isn't a good sign, and I've a sneaking suspicion the fic will be mainly smut and romance, before getting abandoned or put on an impossibly long hiatus once the author realises that there is no plot to speak of.

3. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Rule number 180 of being an evil overlord: If I ever build a device to transfer the hero's energy into me, I will make sure it cannot operate in reverse.

Looks like Moldybutt needs to go over that.

Very good story though. Looking forward to reading more, especially the smutty version:D

4. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Pretty good so far. Dumbles seems more open in this one, though it hints at him being manipulative. I can see Ron becoming a prat in the future. You can't really go for a stalker Ginny here cause it seems all the females will become stalkers soon.....

5. Shade Emrys

Shade Emrys Third Year

There better not be any Harry/Ginny unless it is like in Rise to Power by Oldwolf. I like Ginny in that role.

6. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

I took a gander of this a few days ago and i thought it wasn't much chop, the way he is portraying Fluer and even Harry is so strange that its disturbing. I'm glad its not going to be slash but like IP said he has done a Herman/Ginslut in a herem before.

7. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

He mailed this to me:
    Harry won't ditch the light side, mainly because things aren't going to
    deteriorate the same way that they did in OotP. He's 14 years old, and he really
    hasn't been given any reason to doubt Dumbledore before Fleur. He won't leave
    the light, but he'll have to gain some darkness if he wants to have a chance.
    He'll also become more Slytherin, but I haven't decided just how much I'm
    willing to change his character. It'll be a complicated story, if all goes well.

Oh, and as I've told nearly every other reviewer, don't worry about Ginny or
    Hermione. They won't be part of any harem, not if I have anything to say about
    it.

Sounds ok..

8. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

good to see insurance about ginny and hermi issue

9. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I like it so far. Looks like it could be an entertaining fic, good even.

10. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

It seems to have promise, at least as something to read while waiting for updates on something better. I had an interesting thought while reading this. What if Ginny really was Harry's magical soulmate and semi-stalker, but the veela charm Harry has aquired has distored the "soul-bond" and twisted her attraction into active dislike. I'm a fan of irony, and I'd like to see soulmate!Ginny start spouting about Harry being a big-headed prat with all the sexiness of Trevor, Neville's toad. ;P Doubt that's what'll happen in this fic, or any other, but it would make for some funny scenes at Number 12.

11. gamesguy

gamesguy Muggle

Do you happen to have a link to the first and second?

12. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Well, one of them, I'm assuming, is Secret of the Male Veela, which you can find on this forum. I'm not sure what and where the other one is.

13. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
  14. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

He's also taking up my Identity Challenge and the Harry takes Voldie's place and lives a double life challenge after I convinced (read 3 - 4 PMs) that combining them in this fic was not a good idea.

He better not wreck them...

15. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Oh yes! That one! I tried to find it, but it had been so long since I read it, I couldn't remember where it was, or what it was called. Yep. The only other non-slash veela fics.

16. MoPhire

MoPhire First Year DLP Supporter

I found the story qiote refreshing, with unique ideas and bearable grammar. I liked the HarryVeela idea and its implementation in the story as these fics are sparse in fanfiction (I don't consider slash to be fanfiction). The gaining of the new powers seemed achievable when the circumstances as potrayed in the fic. I would definitely recommend it to those who haven't had a look at it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: In the fic, we see Harry absorbing magic from Moldyshorts, Fluer and the wards. We have seen the effects of Voldie's magic (powerboost, i think), Fluers magic (Veela powers) but not the effect of the magic from the wards (Dunno if i missed them but i think not). Anyway, i was wondering what possible effects this would be if the author decided to add them to the story. I tried to think of some but come up blank. I'd appreciate your ideas on this.

Phire

17. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Let's see... if I remember right... as long as Harry stayed within the warded house, Voldemort would be unable to find him. Well, that would be useful... course, it does bring up the question on how Voldemort was able to find him in the first place... going to have to read the fic again...

Edit: Doh. Right. Voldemort + Harry's blood = failed wards.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  18. Lucas13

Lucas13 Second Year

hum... it has potential, mainly because it has a harem and there isnt slash... but the author seems to be a BIT slow on updates...

19. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

slightly unique where he becomes veela by absorbing the magic, but the updates are painfully slow.

20. zenaku

zenaku First Year

In order for the updates to be slow, there would have to BE an update... Which there seems to be a distinct lack of...