1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

1000vultures

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Fiat, May 30, 2012.

1. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I was torn between posting this in the old Dionaea House thread that had sort of degenerated into a general creepypasta thread or posting this as a thread of its own, but I ultimately went with the latter. Also, I decided to go with "Flash and Spam Games" despite this being none of the above because this seems to be where most previous creepypasta threads ended up. If any mods disagree with this decision, my apologies and please move it wherever appropriate.

I'm sure most of you have probably run into this before, but I thought it was worth posting for those among you unfamiliar with r/nosleep and the best creepypasta I've ever encountered - it's five stories about the narrator's childhood that start off as well-written but mildly interesting and quickly degenerate into an engrossing and overall very well done horror story. Genuinely one of the best I've ever read. Link above takes you to the last story in the series, but contains links to all of the others. They should be read in order.

Sorry about being so late to the party, but I figure there are at least a few people on here who've never read this before and will enjoy it.

So, thoughts? Any other Creepypasta recs, DLP?

http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/kyshm/friends/

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just finished reading the series and it wasn't what I was expecting. The first couple of stories got that creepy atmosphere going, but the sixth story was a bit confusing and didn't seem as well written than the others, not to mention there was some loose ends that annoyed me. Overall, it was more sad than creepy, though I think it's just not my type of horror.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  3. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Just read through them. Was impressed. Browsed r/nosleep before and have never found anything that's creeped me out until this.

Also, apparently he's turning it into a book.