1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Continuum

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by oakes, Jun 6, 2012.

1. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

A detective from the year 2077 finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver and searching for ruthless criminals from the future. imdb

[​IMG]

I only watched 2 episodes yet, but it's pretty interesting. Reminded me of Bionic Woman, with her high tech battle suit.

2. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

So I watched this and there's one thing going for it, the villians are ruthless and smart. I'm beginning to like it.

3. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

I've got to admit, the villains are great: determined, skilled and ruthless.

Besides that, the tech they've got in the future is awesome. Implanted memory chips, fully integrated nano implants for augmented reality, bulletproof camo suits (with cool hacking perks)...

As to the plot itself, it's below average. At best.
    Woe us! Governments collapsed and evil corporations are the new ruling power (your usual future dystopia). A bunch of guys, who call themselves freedom fighters or something like that, goes on a killing spree and our dutiful main character, a female agent (I'd like to call her brainwashed, for she does appear to act like a mindless automaton), does her best to stop them and accidentally ends up time travelling with them...

All in all a weak 5/10.

4. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

I watched it twenty years ago when they called it Time Trax.

5. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Meh, if you can look past all the political shtick it's good fun involving time-traveling terrorists, who've managed to avoid receiving the Idiot Ball. Among television antagonists, that's something of a rarity. It's certainly not on the same level as the Iliad or Lamora's works, but now that Game of Thrones is off the air for the year, I need something to watch on Sunday nights.

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

OMG TIME TRAX! I loved Time Trax. Used to watch it after school most days when I got home. What was the sentient credit card hologram's name? Selma?

7. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

...I actually remember watching reruns of it when I lived in the States. Huh.

8. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Oh, Gods, yes, but it was spelled SELMA. And it was an At&T phone card. Oh, how far the telecommunications industry has come...

Main character was Darien Lambert. Haven't seen Dale Midkiff in anything else but Pet Semetary and a TV movie about a moon colony a while back, I think it was called Plymouth.

Man, that was a fun show... I always dreamed of being able to do a 800 meter sprint or time-stalling.