1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Truth.

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Riley, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Hey guys, so I finally debuted as a director at a local film fest a while back and then uploaded the film to vimeo. I realized that this was another place to showcase it so follow the link if you're interested and let me know what you think.

https://vimeo.com/42153771

Just a warning, there is singing on it that is a bit louder, I never managed to turn it down before it was edited. Just a forewarning.

Also, yes that is me playing the spy, just to let you guys know.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. Darth Kali

Darth Kali Third Year

As far as the look of the scene, it's pretty good. It could use a bit of a stronger camera angle, make the shadows crisper. They look strong, but you could make them stronger in post production. I think that the interrogator's voice and posture could be stronger, maybe give him a higher chair and the spy a stool.

You could also mock up a fake Propaganda poster, something to reinforce the idea of being held in a government bunker.

Second scene: maybe a scroll across blank or the same poster? nice transition tho.

Third: Still think you should be doing something to make the scale difference between the investigator and the person being questioned. Like the room is designed to make the other person seem smaller than they are.

Other thoughts forthcoming