1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Alternate Teams - Naruto

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Riley, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'm looking for any decent and lengthy "Naruto on alternate team" fics. No slash of course and I'm especially inclined towards HP crossovers but I'm willing to read any straight Naruto fics as well. Any help would be great because I seem to just be getting crapfic after crapfic.

2. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Have your worked through the Naruto library section already?
    Better Left Unsaid has Chouji switched with Naruto on the Genin teams if I remember correctly.

3. Riley

I have actually, which is partly why I'm asking for such a specific type of fic and partly why I'm looking for lengthy fics instead of any. I'm working my way from completed, to long but undone to short.

4. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

I remember Team 8 being pretty good.

5. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

If we are suggesting great things that wll never be complete: People Lie is 250+k and awesome. Subs out Hinata for Sakura. And then turns the crazy-awesome-terrifying to 10.

6. Riley

Has Team 8 been updated in the last few months? I only ask because I'd already read it. As for People Lie, I'll add that to my list. Come on guys, there's has to be a few others.

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Not sure how well they'll fit your tastes but here you go:

Breaking the Boundaries
    The Yondaime summoned the Shinigami but he didn't get what he expected. The sealing afterwards fundamentally changed the boy who learns to become a master of the blade, to fulfill his destiny as the Guardian of the Three Paths. Naruto AU with Bleach (Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura -> Naruto, Hinata and Ino)

Nine Tailed Serpent
    Naruto was the ideal shinobi, a cold killer twisted by the Kyuubi's demonic whisperings. When he is placed onto a Genin team, new bonds develop. Now this living machine struggles with his dark past and what it means to be human. Now complete. (Naruto, Ino and Kiba)

And then suddenly, Ninjas
    On the day Naruto Uzumaki was born, the Third Hokage made a decision that would one day turn the world upon its head. Twelve years after the Fourth Hokage killed the Nine-Tailed Fox, Naruto Uzumaki sets forth to become the greatest Ninja of all time! (Naruto, Sakura and Sai)

Naruto: Altered History
    Meet Uzumaki Naruto, the number one prankster ninja. He lives in Konoha...and has a dark secert so large that NOBODY knows, not even Naruto. (Naruto, Ino and Shino)

Cutting Loose
    Naruto and TenTen become friends while he's still at the Academy; TenTen helps Naruto graduate, and the two of them join Team Gai along with Rock Lee. Now, Naruto must learn what it means to be a jinchuriki, and how far he'll go to defend his ninja way. (Naruto, Tenten and Lee)

Naruto: Iron Soul
    An accident results in Naruto acquiring a unique advantage and a new instructor. Can Ebisu guide Naruto down the path of a successful ninja? (Naruto, Tenten and Neji)

I've probably read a few more that fit the bill but I can't remember them.

8. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Dreaming_of_Sunshine Life as a ninja. It starts with confusion and terror and doesn't get any better from there. OC Self-insert (Naruto, Sasuke, OC) Way, waaaay better than it sounds, only good oc main char Naruto story I have read and it is awesome.

Geniuses_of_Hard_Work Might Guy trades Neji and Tenten to take Naruto and Hinata on his team. Can he take this group of misfits and turn them into a team of geniuses...or will he be forced to give up wearing spandex forever? Naruhina LeexAyame (Naruto, Hinata, Lee) also better than it sounds and while it is not great it is still an entertaining story with good fights. Also, love the archer Hyuuga concept.

Can only second Team Lie and while I think Team 8 is overrated and not as good as people claim it is, it is still worth checking out.

And I think there was an update in 2012/end of 2011 but I am not sure when exactly.

Not sure but didn't Hurricane Suit also have a different team for Naruto?

9. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Patriot's Dawn » reviews Uzumaki Naruto was born to be a shinobi. He was supposed to be a killer; a protector of unparalleled skill. His lineage and the demon in his gut ensured that. In canon, his growth was stunted. In here, he had a reason to be strong. He has to survive. AU.Naruto - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Drama - Chapters: 15 - Words: 134,916 - Reviews: 1392 - Updated: 2-22-12 - Published: 10-31-10 - Naruto U.

Naruto of the Salamander » reviews A young, lonely and impressionable Naruto meets a legendary Black Salamander of Ame. Nobody would know just how big of a change such a small happening could make until the legend of Uzumaki Naruto had already begun. Naruto x Ino & Team Ten – Working on Chapter 11: 7/17/2012Naruto - Rated: M - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 10 - Words: 43,902 - Reviews: 717 - Updated: 7-17-12 - Published: 10-3-11 - Naruto U. & Ino Y.

10. Riley

Thanks guys. This will keep me busy for a while.