1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good Batman stories?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by ray243, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ray243

ray243 Seventh Year

I am wondering if anyone knew any decent Batman stories? It would be nice to read some detective stories featuring the Batman.

There is one fic that I enjoyed, featuring a crossover with Sherlock Holmes. However, I have yet to see another fanfic that is even close to that standard.

If you want the link:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2472452/1/The_Mystery_of_the_Dark_Knight

2. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I don't have anything detective-esque, but go over to spacebattles.com, they've got this fan community written epic that starts when Harley discovers Batman is Bruce Wayne. It's pretty good, though there are some side-stories within the epic relating to OC's or lesser characters that are just wastes of time and don't matter much, but you can skip them pretty easily.

3. I Burn Water

I Burn Water Seventh Year

Besides No Dawn, No Day by quipquipquip listed in the others library I haven't been able to find a single good one.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  4. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

5. kalespr

kalespr Fourth Year

It's more of a romance than a detective fic (although it is not without such aspects), but I remember really enjoying Chris Dee's Cat-Tales. It might be more accurate to say that it's a Catwoman story, more so than a Batman story, I suppose. That said, it is a very popular characterization of Catwoman; certainly one of my favourites (if not outright favourite).

Likely not quiiite what you're looking for, but I remember it as one of my favourite batman fan fics ever... and any draught in a drought, right?

6. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Haven't exactly read many Batman fics, since it was really hard to find one that was decent, but there is one that I quite liked.

Not Playing With a Full Deck - is of a decent length - 225k words - and is pretty much about the Joker fucking up Gotham again. It's well written, and the Joker is pretty well characterised. Batman seems to be a bit dull though. I should point out that it is most definitely not some ridiculous Joker romance fic.

7. chriar

chriar Third Year

Alright I spent the past 3 days looking for good batman fics and here is what I've found so far. It's actually quite pathetic how little there is.

Inside Eden's Mind
    A look inside the mind of one of Gotham's least understood, and most dangerous, villains. Pamela Lillian Isley, 5' 9", 152 lbs, currently being treated by the recently hired psychiatrist, Dr. Hazel Birch. Rated M in later chapters
    Batman - Rated: T - English - Mystery/Suspense - Chapters: 43 - Words: 85,348 - Reviews: 115 - Updated: 8-1-12 - Published: 6-28-09 - Poison Ivy - Complete
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5175112/1/
    Haven't had a chance to read it but seemed promising.

Hating This
    A series of various one-shots based off of the, oh, so popular "What If…" Harley ever left Joker and got her old job back? Be warned, the time stream might not always line up, some shots might not have anything to do with the other and Harley isn't in luv
    Batman the Animated Series - Rated: M - English - Humor/Friendship - Chapters: 20 - Words: 40,127 - Reviews: 31 - Updated: 8-9-12 - Published: 1-15-12 - Harley Q.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7743438/1/Hating_This

Bruce has a Problem
    Harley Quinn figures out Batman's identity. It mostly crack and near unreadable, since its a round robin and across 5 threads, but if you can get pass that it is fairly decent.
    http://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...ers-comments-stats.88160/page-24#post-6830462

I'll second that recommendation for Cat-Tales it was great.

8. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    It's more of a Wonder Woman story, but I remember this one being readable:

The Prodigal
    Stripped of her powers and duties as Wonder Woman, Diana finds unlikely solace from Batman, who offers her a job at WayneTech. With his help, Diana begins the road to reclaiming her title. COMPLETED

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I found this some time ago, I liked it when I read it. That is, I liked it until I reached the ending.

I've seen bad ending and terrible endings, but this one goes a step beyond terrible ending. I couldn't even try to ignore it, every time I tried to remember that I actually liked the story up to this, the ending came to the forefront of my mind.

I suggest anyone who wants to read it to avoid the last chapter like the plague.