1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

KarmaHunt ~ This is All My Fault

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Striker, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------
    Rules

[Etiquette] Please observe polite and pleasant gameplay.

• Do not lie about real-life commitments. If you are unable to play for a prolonged period of time or do not wish to continue playing, inform the game host.
    • Similarly, if someone says that they will not be available due to real-life constraints, please accept it and move on.
    • For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a role-playing game. Don't overdo it.
    • Keep non-game-related topics to a minimum in the thread.
    • If you are unable to be active, you will be replaced. Inform the game host if you are.
    • Be nice! We're all playing to have fun. Disparage someone's skill if you must, but please avoid personal insults!
    [Activity Requirement]

If you are unable to be active, you will be replaced. Let the game host know in advance if you have some reason to be inactive (so allowances can be made).

Activity is defined as the following - At least 2 posts in the game thread per 24 hours spent in the day phase. A post that is primarily a Vote does not count.Examples of posts that would not be counted towards the activity requirement: onetwothree

Examples of posts that would be counted: threetwoone

Additionally, dying in this game is not an invitation to fuck off. If you play in KingHunt, there's a chance of Resurrection. You best play actively even in death.

[Day/Night Phases] The default Day Phase length is 72 hours, but can be extended if required. The default Night Phase length is 24 hours, but can be shortened if all actions are in.

[Votes] There is one Vote every day in this game -

the Lynch Vote

• This is a majority vote during the day.
    • Results in the death of the player voted on.
    • There is no role reveal on death.
    • You may have deadline votes.
    • You may rescind your votes.
    [Lynches] Each Day, players will converse in the game thread and decide on a Lynch target, in order to eliminate players belonging to the Lost from their midst.

If a Kingdom player has been Lynched, this constitutes a MISLYNCH.

[Night Kills] Night Kills refer to Faction-specific kills that can occur every Night Phase, caused by the Lost. These are not directly caused by role-specific abilities. Only one Night Kill will occur each Night. Whether a kill was a Night Kill or not will not revealed to the players - they must figure it out for themselves. Night Kill decided by plurality vote. If deadlocked, the High King's vote has priority.

[Role Kills] Role Kills are player deaths that are caused directly by another player’s role-specific abilities, such as the Duke of Albany's Realist ability.

[Night Actions] Night Actions are any Role-specific or Faction-specific abilities that are used during the Night.

[Lieges] In the event of a 1vs1 tie, a Liege role's vote will take precedence of a non-Liege player. The High King precedes Goneril in priority.

[Karma] If a kill is performed, the killer's karma becomes bad. All checks return Karma and not role/faction, unless otherwise stated.

[Population] The Population of a faction denotes its voting power. A major aim of the Mafia/Warlock factions is to manipulate the game state so that their members comprise the majority of the total population. The difficulty of playing in either faction is roughly the same in this game. Population at the start of the game is as follows:

The Kingdom: 13 | The Lost: 4

[The Kingdom] The Kingdom is the equivalent of the Town in vanilla games of Mafia. Their aim is kill every member of The Lost.

[The Lost] The Lost is the the equivalent of the Mafia in vanilla games of Mafia. Their aim is outnumber The Kingdom.

[Purgatory] When players die, their roles are NOT revealed. Once players die, they are sent to the Purgatory QuickTopic.

Every night starting night 2, by plurality vote from the people in purgatory, someone can be resurrected. They will lose access to the Purgatory QT.

Roles

The Kingdom
    To Win, Eliminate all of The Lost

Goneril

• The Queen - If the lynch vote is deadlocked or no-lynch, you may determine the Lynch Target. A Goneril kill will kill The High King.
    • Myself an Enemy to All Other Joys - On the third night, you may make a play for the Bastard by writing him a message. If he writes a message back to you, you may check three players. Regan will automatically die and your Karma will change to bad.
    • Liege - In situations of 1v1, you will win - i.e. if there are 2 Kingdom players and 2 Lost players left, the game does not end.
    • Starts with Good Karma
    Regan

• The Cold Mistress - If there are two consecutive mislynches, you may perform a night kill.
    • A Love that makes breath poor - On the third night, you may make a play for the Bastard by writing him a message. If he writes a message back to you, you may kill two players. Goneril will automatically die and your Karma will change to bad (if it was good).
    • Starts with Bad Karma
    The Duke of Cornwall

• The Social Judge - Every night, you choose a player. The person's Karma will be revealed to everyone the next day even if you die.
    • Starts with Good Karma.
    The Duke of Albany

• The Realist - Once a Day/Night Cycle, if you match a player with their role and their karma, you may either kill them or give them nightkill immunity for a night.
    • Starts with Good Karma.
    Earl of Kent

• The Loyal One - Every other night, you may hand someone a knife or a poisoned knife. (You can't give one to yourself).
    • Loyalty Declared - A knife will force someone to make a public kill the next day.
    • Subterfuge - A poisoned knife will force someone to make a night kill the next night.
    • Starts with Good Karma. If you give someone a poisoned knife, you'll have bad karma.
    Earl of Gloucester

• The Blind Man Who Sees - At any point, you may publicly ask for Goneril to put out your eyes. As long as Goneril lives, you'll be able to 'see' the karma of three dead players once a night.
    • Starts with good karma.
    The Legitimate Son

• The First Betrayed - Shares a QT with The Bastard
    • Always has Good Karma.
    The Bastard

• The Ambitious One - Every night, you may betray someone - after three nights, they must either commit a kill for closure, or commit suicide.
    • Sword from Within Your Blood - You share a QT with the Legitimate Son.
    • Brotherly Love - If the Legitimate Son dies, you must grieve for two nights and you won't be betray anyone.
    • Monogamous - You may respond to either Regan or Goneril, but not both.
    • Bad Karma
    The Dirty Steward

• Mailman - You may read the letters from Goneril and Regan to the Bastard. Starting Night Three, you know who all three of them are.
    • Trusted Servant - You may die to circumvent Regan's lynch.
    • Always has Bad Karma
    The Gentleman

• English Dog - If you have bad Karma, you may check someone every night for Karma.
    • Just Good Manners - If you have good Karma, you may publicly challenge someone to a duel. You will both die.
    • Not As Clean as You Say You Are - You may kill a random servant every two nights, changing your karma from good to bad.
    • Big Purse - You may give all your money to charity once, changing your karma from bad to good. IT IS AS DIFFICULT FOR A RICH MAN TO GET INTO HEAVEN AS IT IS FOR HIM TO PASS THROUGH THE EYE OF A NEEDLE.
    • Starts with Good Karma
    The Tenant

• Paid For a Funeral Service to Rival Kings - If you are lynched, everyone has protection from Night Kills for a night.
    • Starts with Good Karma
    The Doctor

• Bird Masks - You may heal a player every night. It cleanses their Karma and removes their night kill.
    The Herald

• Trumpeter At the Gates - Every three days, you may tell the town how many scum players are still alive.
    • Godly - Has access to deadchat.
    The Lost
    To Win, Outnumber or Equal The Kingdom

Each member of The Lost is capable of one the following actions once:

• Banish - if they successfully guess the role of another dead player, that player is removed from the game permanently
    • Possess - if the player they are possessing is revived, instead the possessor is revived
    The High King

• Cut The Kingdom - When the game begins, he must choose two players to inherit his throne. They must not be scum. The first's vote will count double. The second will be capable of a night kill every other night.
    • Shares a QT with other scum
    • Crazy Old Man - Every night, you may create a crown of flowers and gift it to a player. The player will be unable to vote for a day.
    • Liege - In situations of 1v1, you will win - i.e. if the Scum Nightkill is deadlocked, your vote will decide the nightkill target.
    • Always has Bad Karma
    The King of France

• Shares QT with other scum.
    • Invader - You may build an army. You gain a soldier token every night. You may choose to use 2 soldier tokens to perform a kill, or sacrifice all your soldier tokens to add that amount of votes to your body the next day.
    • Mediocre General - You lose all your soldiers on death, Napoleon.
    • Starts with Good Karma
    Cordelia

• Shares QT with other scum.
    • Pure - Has access to Deadchat. She can Banish once with her alias in the Deadchat. She can Banish or Possess once a night if she is killed.
    • Has No Words - Loves her father, so if he's killed, she'll kill the person who killed him or gave the decisive lynch the next day.
    • Starts with Bad Karma
    The Fool

• Cool Story - Every day start, you may tell the town something. (Dancer style - Less than 250 words please.)
    • Smarter Than He Looks - Every other night you may poison the flowers that the High King creates, forcing the Karma of the player receiving it to change.
    • Shares a QT with other members of The Lost
    • Starts with Good Karma
    Action Order
    [Pregame]
    1. Kingdom Cut
    [Day Actions]
    1. Soldier Tokens gained; Cornwall Reveal; Herald Reveal; Fool Declaration
    2. (Anytime) Gentleman Duel; Knife Kill; Banish; Possess
    3. (Priority -1) Lynch
    [Night Actions]
    1. Goneril Lynch
    2. Tenant Protection
    3. Goneril/Regan Letters and Reply
    4. Flower Poisoning
    5. Knife Handout; Flowers Handout
    6. Edmund's Betrayal
    7. Scum Nightkill; Regan Kill; Poison Knife Kill; Kingdom Kill
    8. Doctor Cleanse
    9. Gloucester Check; Gentleman Check
    10. Resurrection
    Game Status

[Livelist]
    1. Sacrifice
    2. Stojil
    3. Kalas
    4. Bill Door
    5. Ash
    6. Castiel
    7. Kensington
    8. Sesc
    9. Pyracrys
    10. Dhulli
    11. bob99
    12. Zennith
    13. Aekiel
    14. Klackerz
    15. guljons
    16. Nemrut
    17. Para

[Deadlist]
    1. N/A

Daystart!

Day One ends in approximately 72 hours (August 14th, 2012 at 5:00 PM EST).

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch.

Let's try this again, folks.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And we're off again!

3. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Okay, let's do this.

Are we going to go ahead with the Heir claim plan we had before. I can't think of anything that might have changed to make us not go through with it.

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

menace! new obs thx

5. Aekiel

High Score:
    Me neither, though I only got my role a couple of minutes ago so there is the possibility of the heirs not having been named yet.

6. guljons

guljons Squib

It will be some time anyway, until everybody will check their QT to find out if they have been made a heir, so there could be some waiting.

7. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What I didn't get from the last thread, should the heirs also say which heir they are, first or second or just say that they are heirs?

8. Bill Door

Say which one they are. The scum already know which heir is which, so there's nothing to be gained by attempting to hide that information. And the Duke of Albany needs to know which one to protect.

9. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

No one has come out with reasons against the heirs-claim, so yes, let's do it. This time there isn't the possible advantage of catching (superficial) scum unprepared, but there's still no drawback.

10. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think it is just the best choice all around - echoing what everyone else said, I know, but it is a solid starting plan. They should have already been chosen, yes?

11. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Yeah, it would be helpful to know which one was the first heir, and which one was the second. There is no reason town should have less info than scum.

12. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Both heirs should step forward and heir claim. I don't see any downside. However, until we decide that we want the Albany to protect the heirs, they should not role claim yet.

Actually, albany heir combo isn't a really good idea. If heirs do not role reveal, there is a chance of them being revived. If by any chance they get killed, they are sure to be banished if scums know their role.

Also, what does everyone think of the Albany Gloucester combo?

13. Bill Door

Why would we not want Albany to protect the heirs? Otherwise they can just get killed straight away. I'd rather take the risk of them getting banished after a while, then them getting killed before they even have a chance to use their abilities.

---------- Post automerged at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

The Albany-Gloucester combo would be good, but I'd rather use Albany to protect the heirs early on.

14. So. I'm an Heir. Specifically the one with the ability to make a kill every other night.

15. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Oh right. Good point. I was too worried over them vanishing completely from the game. That said, at what point of time should the Albany-Gloucester combo be realised? In the previous thread, we have mentioned that karma does not change day one, making it easier to determine if the dead is scum.

Also, on a completely different note, I asked the game mods "is it necessary to pick Goneril or Regan to die when they write to the Bastard". The answer was "No, The Bastard may ignore both of them"

16. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Right. The Duke will wait with the actual protection, of course, until everyone has posted. No funny stuff here >_>

17. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Before I go to sleep, I should mention that I am the first heir.

18. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I could be wrong but shouldn't soundlyPara RC?

Also, I was wondering, what of our plan if the Duke of Al became the second heir? (I really hope that that is not the case this time.)

19. Aekiel

High Score:
    The rules don't say he can't target himself.

---------- Post automerged at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Haha, that's just hilarious. The Duke of Albany can just protect himself everyday and we've got one immortal town player to work with.

20. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You can't self target, sorry. Uhh, you can't hand yourself a knife/poisoned knife either.