1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Cas, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Rather than doing that, you'd be better off reading the manga online.

Naruto

Start from chapter 1 and go from there. Or just type in "read Naruto manga" on Google to find a different website, if you prefer.

3. bombdiggity92

bombdiggity92 Temporarily Banhammered

You could just watch the anime, but that would probably take awhile. If watching it is more to your tastes than reading through the manga; you should be able to watch it here.
    http://www.narutoget.com/

4. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Or, instead of reading the earlier chapters, you can catch up on the story through the anime. There are several filler episodes in there, but the anime sticks faithfully to the overall plot.

EDIT: ninja'd. So...

The anime is however, split into 2 series - the earlier half of the manga is shown in "Naruto" (about 230 of these, though its all filler after episode 150 or so) and the later half in "Naruto Shippuden". When you get the Shippuden series I'd recommend you shift to the manga.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

If you want to watch it I think Hulu used to offer it either dubbed or subbed (suggested). Otherwise yeah -- the manga is available to read free online in any number of places.

6. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Thanks for the replies, especially knight504. I'm definitely more of a reader than a watcher so I'll read them online. Cheers

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  7. bombdiggity92

I would still recommend watching some of the anime because some of the battles are pretty fucking cool.

8. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

When I first got interested in Naruto (thanks to DLP actually), I started by watching the anime of the first part. I liked the series despite its flaws, so I then moved on and watched the shippuuden anime for fun, but also read the shippuuden manga. These days I do both (I read the manga which is further ahead in the storyline when it comes out, but also watch the anime for the animated fights and such). I also went back and read through the original manga, but thats not really all that necessary (the anime follows the plot quite well and you get all the info you need to move on to shippuuden and understand everything).

I will say of the part 1 anime, that after a certain point (#135 or something I think), it basically becomes a filler fest. Some of those are watchable I guess, but ultimately most basically follow a very similar plot so there is little to lose by skipping straight to shippuuden after that. An episode guide can help look for the ones that sound interesting to you if you don't want to watch them all, but still want to watch some.

There are also certain parts of anime shippuuden that have fillers that are of lower quality which can be skipped, but others are actually ok enough if you like the series (and if you actually reach shippuuden you probably will). Regardless, its again easy enough to find which parts are filler using an episode guide and which canon so you can just skip ahead if you want to.

Hope you have fun :)

9. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Is shippuuden just the name of the second volume?

10. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

There's a time skip. Naruto is about 12 for the first series and 15/16 in the second series (Shippuuden). There are several volumes in each.

11. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Ah ok cheers. And by several volumes you mean close to 100 altogether with over 500 chapters lol

---------- Post automerged at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Yea I've just quickly read up to chapter 9 in volume 2, and I can imagine that actually watching the battle scenes is much better

12. bombdiggity92

Once you've made it to the end of the chuunin exams I highly recommend giving Inert's fics a read, Hurricane suite has to be my favourite fic in the Naruto fandom. It doesn't really contain many spoilers once you're to that point in the manga. What it does contain though is a whole lot of badassery and epicness.

13. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Well, yesterday morning I had finally decided to kerb my Harry Potter fanfic addiction (not totally, but from 5+ times a day, to 2-3 times a week).

And then I had to go and ask about Naruto. Now I can't stop reading about the little brat :/

It's a good job I never did drugs, because I become addicted to new stuff waaay too easily.

I've just reached the start of the chuunin exams, so will have a look at Inert's fic as soon as i've finished them.

Any more good Naruto fics I should be aware of, that won't spoil the plot, at least too much?

Cheers

PlutoGoU

14. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

Most good Naruto fan fiction involves plenty of Shippuden spoilers, so I recommend you continue reading and watching before delving too much into fan fiction.