1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto short stories & oneshots

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Sechrima, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

I think I might have read just about every half-decent fic in the Naruto fandom of any considerable length, but until now I've read so few oneshots that I could probably count them on one hand. Of those I have read, I enjoyed The Uzumaki's Peace by Inert/The Pro and Twenty Times Uzumaki Naruto Didn't Die by Kraken's Ghost the most.

Anyone got some recommendations for this style of fic? A good short story needs to have a really interesting premise that'll make me think about it long after I've read it. So keep that in mind.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, I remember reading a short story I really liked and I think someone here at DLP recced it, but I can't find that recommendation. I recall that it was set around the time after Pein's attack on the Leaf and explored Naruto's senjutsu. In the end Naruto used some massive toad leap to instantly crush-kill Sasuke, after which some spirit of nature or whatever approached Naruto and implied that it had also been familiar with the Shodai Hokage. Anyone know the name of this fic?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

A Meeting Between Heaven and Earth is what you're thinking of.

Better To Honour
    Danzo could have been a hero. Oneshot.

Tomato Soup
    For shinobi, the difference between victory and defeat can stem from observing the smallest of details.

Twenty Cups of Sake
    In twenty truths format, a little bit about Jiraya. Twenty truths, twenty cups of sake. Some light, some bitter, some in between.

Weapons
    Shinobi are trained to be weapons. [But what weapons are they trained to be?] Drabblefic, oneshot.

Facets of the Whole
    Dreams, Fears, Secrets, Aspirations, and Deaths. These are the things that make up the word Shinobi, and things that make one facet of a person into a whole. [Drabble Series] (This is three chapters but I figure the style and length make it suitable for this request)

The rest of these are pretty light-hearted i.e. humour/romance.

The Cost of Dreams
    During their training trip together, Jiraiya takes upon himself to teach Uzumaki Naruto about all about women for his 15th birthday, whether he likes it or not. Slight x-over

Wayne, what happened to those fountains!
    Naruto returns to Konoha and finally works up the courage to confess his true feelings to the love of his life.

Kiss and Yell
    In which everyone finds out more about the Sexy no Jutsu than they EVER wanted to know and Naruto and Ino realize that violence is the spice of life. NaruIno

Steamy Encounters
    A flurry of coincidences and fateful machinations bring Naruto and Sakura together at the local baths. Can they rein in their animal passions? And do you really think that's the kind of story I write? NaruSaku

The Best Dates Are The Cheap Ones
    One-Shot. Post!Timeskip. The whole point was to get the best date; that meant the richest and classiest guy, right? Sakura realizes what she has taken for granted and Ino learns a lesson in value. NaruSaku NaruIno!Friendship (A really long one-shot)

3. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

There was one Naruto story I think it was oneshot.

It was during the Chunin exams when Anko jumps into the exam room Naruto shouts "whooo take it off baby"
    Later some other Jonin from another village gives Naruto a chunin vest since Naruto is the only one who meneges to pass the 2nd exam

Any one remembers that?

Edit: this one interesting.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4307374/1/Only-Bastards-Rise

4. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    A couple Naruto One Shots I found in my C2 (stuff I read and enjoyed at the time) that haven't been mentioned:

Ibiki's Apprentice by May Wren
    The Academy's teachers thought they were getting one over on the Hokage, graduating an ill-prepared Naruto while Iruka was sick. The Hokage knew he was getting one over on the entire village when he assigned Morino Ibiki as Naruto's Jounin sensei.

Do You Remember Love by DigiFruit
    Naruto dies and then wakes up as a twelve-year-old genin. He discovers that the shadow clone technique duplicates his soul each time he uses it, and he is cursed to relive the tragedy that is his life over and over again for every soul he had duplicated. (Naruto/Sakura; the author has several others of that pairing and that same general style, if you are into it.)

I wrote one four years ago, but it's nothing special (almost recommended, at best).

5. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Even Hokages Have Heros by MrDust
    ATL AU. NaruTsu. To be an inspiration. To honor your debts. To persue a life of happiness. People can change, even if they need help. Explore the possibilities that may lead to a future once thought unbelievable. Please review, it's the whole point.

I remember liking this one a lot the first time I read it. Pretty sure it has a lemon somewhere near the end, so there's that. Warning: It's almost 20k. Definitely a read.

6. belton180

belton180 Squib

It was chapter 10 of Win Some, Lose Some by obsidian dreamer

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5571816/11/Win_Some_Lose_Some