1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

specific HP/BtVS fic

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Agayek, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I've got the urge to read an old fic I remember from way back when, but I can't for the life of me find it, so I'm calling for help. Not sure if this is or the HP search is the right forum, but the events of the story take place in the Slayer-verse, so I assume this is the correct one. Apologies if not.

What I remember is that the fic is ~4-5 years old, completed, and takes place post-Voldemort and Harry goes to Sunnydale to rest and deal with some kind of "magical core overload" that he's going through because of his specific manner of eliminating Voldemort (read: absorbing him). Macnair is the Big Bad who chased him to California, and ends up finding out about the Hellmouth and tries to rip it open or something. There's a prophecy involved somewhere, and it's a Buffy/Harry pairing.

The only other thing I can remember about it is that the author also had a pretty decent HP/X-men crossover where the Veil acts as an interdimensional gateway and Harry chases after Sirius before catching up with him in the X-men universe and somehow manages to convince everyone there that magic is a mutation.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  3. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    But is it any good to read, because I haven't found yet any hp/btvs worth to read?

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I enjoyed it, for what it's worth. Been a while since I last read it, but I have enjoyed it enough to actually reread it more than once, so it can't be too bad.

5. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

If memory serves, the characters were done well, but the fact that Harry could just incendio any vampire to death made it kinda dumb.
    Then he for some reason decided to use a sword.

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Well the first chapter held my interest enough that I'm going to try the rest of it. Not bad -- though why Harry is living with Petunia after defeating Voldemort and becoming one of the most powerful wizards in Britain I don't know.

7. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

It's definitely in the upper echelon of HP/BtVS crosses (for what that's worth), but I did find the spelling/grammar and punctuation errors distracting.

Seriously, they seem to come more and more frequently with every chapter. In all fairness, it's been a while since I reread it (at least I did reread it, which is either a good sign for you or proof my memory really is shit), so I may be remembering it as being worse than it was.

I actually had taken it upon myself to go through and correct every single error and mail it to the author, in hopes they'd see the light and repost my non-ass-fucked version for the good of us all... but I got sidetracked and never returned to the task.

The in-progress edit is still on my HD, though... :ph34r:

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The spelling/grammar doesn't bother me too much. What bugs me more is how... blatantly blind the characters can sometimes be to obvious things.

But it's definitely worth a read.