1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sherlock/Death Note crossover?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by ray243, Sep 3, 2012.

1. ray243

ray243 Seventh Year

I was wondering if there is any good Sherlock/Death Note crossover? It will be extremely interesting to place Sherlock Holmes against a criminal mind like Light.

A interesting way to approach the story would be highlighting Sherlock's lack of empathy towards human suffering in general and contrast it with Light's personality. Light is a person who very much care about the unfairness and effectiveness of our justice system.

An interaction between L and Sherlock would also be an interesting thing to read, with both minds trying to outwit each other.

Other than a Sherlock/Death note crossover, I was wondering if there is any CSI/Sherlock crossover? I have yet to encounter such stories on fanfiction.net .

Furthermore, can anyone recommend me a good Sherlock fanfic that isn't slash? I cannot believe it is so hard to find a decent detective/mystery fanfic for the BBC series,

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Cheddar gave a list of decent Sherlock fics recently: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=585776&postcount=209

I only read a couple which caught my interest:

You'll Never Be Alone In The Bone Orchard - Watson teams up with Mycroft instead of Sherlock.
    Whispers in Corners - Annoyingly, this is slash, but it was easy enough to skip the couple of passages which were full of faggotry. The best parts are the side stories of Harry's day job as a medium. It was an interesting take on being the Master of Death.

Check out Cheddar's post for the rest of her recs.

3. ray243

ray243 Seventh Year

There's one fic that I read that is quite brilliant.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7603098/1/BBC-Sherlock-The-Photography-Club

What could the CIA want with Sherlock Holmes? The Agency needs to leverage Sherlock's unorthodox knowledge of London while investigating a missing CIA mole they presume dead... only it's proving tricky to identify the body.

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Turns out the author wrote more than one good fic. The first fic she wrote was The Ninth Muse. All the fics reference each other, so you might want to start off with this fic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7588949/1/BBC-Sherlock-The-Ninth-Muse

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

On a side note, does anyone know any good Death Note fanfiction? Loved the manga, but could never find any good FF on it.

5. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor