1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Vampire Diaries

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by syed, Nov 27, 2012.

1. syed

syed Supermod

I am truly embarrassed about starting this thread but I simply can't stop watching the series, and something has been stuck in my head so I thought I would post it.
    The thing is why can werewolf bites kill vampires that are not originals? They were made after them, and the spell that created the species was a way to protect the subjects from the wolves. Is this some kind of cosmic balance, making later vamps pay the price of the unnatural spell?
    Why would wolves have venom? Why would there be a cure?
    If Klaus is cured, would his entire vampire line be cured? I wonder if there is a way to turn Klaus bloodline in to hybrids or simply werewolves? If a Klaus was not linked to all of the vampires in the bloodline, then why would the death of an original kill all members of the bloodline?

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Perfect ending for the festival of suck that is Vampire Diaries?

Buffy shows up, stakes them all, and then quietly goes home to do her math homework.

3. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What the fuck did I just read?

4. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

It's a shit show, so obvious there's going to be glaring continuity errors. Seriously, this show is worse than Trueblood, so that's saying something. I managed to make it about 8 episodes in, but it only took 2 or 3 to realize it was bad.

5. syed

syed Supermod

If they can make a ring to let vampires walk in daylight, why are there no rings to let werewolves walk in moonlight?

6. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Because Werewolves are manly creatures and can't be having with any of that sissy jewellery.

7. JenosIdanian

JenosIdanian Professor DLP Supporter

My Harry Potter and teh Sparkly Hufflepuff sense is tingling...

8. syed

syed Supermod

I just realized to make the
    hunter mark grow
    then alot of vampires need to die, the quickest way would be for a member of
    the original family
    to die. An entire bloodline should be plenty to make it grow. SO that means there are three options, my bet is Kol, as we barely seen him and the other two are more popular.
    If the
    cure
    is locked away, and the key is a bennet witch, then I wonder if the witch who created it and the five would happen to be
    Ayana

9. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Oh I never actually thought about it like that. Kill the original and wipe out an entire line(kind of like what happened to the redcourts).

Though we are not exactly sure as to why the mark grows after a kill in the first place. So maybe to make it grow you have to kill individual vampires.

The reveal about elena at the end sucked balls. I actually thought the character had grown now they've decided to go with the am so good only magic can make bad.

10. syed

syed Supermod

I totally guessed that she had that bond the moment she said she preferred the Red Dress.
    If the were wolves broke the sire bond by repeatedly changing, how would a vampire break the sire bond?
    WHen she was transitioning, all her compelled memories returned to her, could she have felt enough gratitude to Damon for how he acted to allow the bond to form?