1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Oncoming Storm by FernandelDeLaFrance - T - Negima

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Cruentus, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Title: The Oncoming Storm
    Author: FernandelDeLaFrance
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Drama
    Fandom: Negima!/Nasu/Dresdan
    Pairings: None, at the moment.
    Summary: After spending five years on his trials to become a Magister Magus, Negi Springfield returns from Mundus Magicus with his title, an ugly scar on the back of his hand, and far too many regrets plaguing his sleep. Desperate for a quiet life, he asks for a job and finds employment as a teacher in Mahora Academy. 'Quiet' is not exactly the word he'd describe his class with, though...
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8246848/1/The-Oncoming-Storm

Premise is simple take Negi, Dresdan, and Nasu mix them together and have Negi's Magister trial be in Mundus Magicus rather then Mahora. This also means the Negi of this story is about the same age as his students when the story starts. There's' been a decent amount of hints and the like about how the world has been changed by there being three magic systems existing in the same place. The author has stated that while the story will stick to Negi and his class cameos are not out of the question. Hell for those who look for it you spot one rather easily in the latest chapter.

Anyway, it's been a good read for me so far and I have no complaints to I figured I'd pass it along.

5/5 for me.

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's been alright so far, but the plot hasn't really kicked in yet.

3. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

There's been a few possible plot threads teased here or there, but nothing has been done with them yet. I would've enjoyed more deviation from Negima canon (Negi living with Asuna and Konoka, even if only for a day, was irritating), but that might just be me. I do like the story so far, and I'll be keeping an eye on it for now. Too soon to give it a score though.

Also, Negi/Tohsaka is OTP.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Just reading that gives me a headache about how the bloody hell those three systems of magecraft can possible coexist.

5. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well he hasn't screwed it up yet.

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I think the magic system will be more focused on Negima and just taking some concepts from the Nasu/Dresden verses.