1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden's Dilemma Take Two.

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

The board is set, the Red Queen and the White King will face off to see who can gain a greater hold in the Windy City. Will the White King's benevolent approach defeat the Red Queen's murderous directions or will The Good Guys manage to put a stop to it? With the Chicago crime family also represented, it's anyone's guess.

This is Dresden's Dilemma.

Rules.

The basics of every mafia (shamelessly stolen from KaiDash's post)

- Only living players may post in the game thread
    - You may not post in the game thread during the night phase
    - You may not edit or delete posts from the game thread or in any QuickTopics you may be posting in
    - You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so (i.e. the QuickTopics for Witches or Angels). This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game related (i.e. Thumbs-Up'ing a post).

For the sake of this Mafia and the group playing Day's will be 48 hours and Nights will be 24 hours.

In order to Lynch, the words Lynch and the Name must be bolded, no other form will be considered. There are no Deadline lynches. If you pick someone you must bold the words No Lynch: Name and then bold the words Lynch: name. See Example below

Lynch: Riley (This is post 1)
    No Lynch: Riley instead I want to Lynch: Castiel (this is post to with retracted lynch and new lynch vote).

In case it's not clear. If you are dead, you can not post here, however there is an Obs QT that you may participate in.

Now for the new Ruleset:

The Good Guys:

Harry Dresden: Once per night can choose a target via thaumaturgy to keep safe from the evils of the night. Can protect himself

Molly Carpenter: Once per night can check for White/Red Court influence via her own substantial pyschological gifts, can check herself.

They will be unable to Communicate. If after 5 days both are alive and untainted, they will be allowed a shared QT.

The Red Court

Red Queen: The Red Queen can choose to devour any one player during the night as a Night Kill. This grants her pawn a Blood Counter. She shares a QT with her Pawn. Her goal is to slaughter all but her faction. The only way to kill the Red Queen without killing the Pawn is a Lynch. All night actions will hit the Pawns first in order of creation (newest to oldest) then the Queen.

Martin/Willing Red Pawn: The Willing Red Pawn is a dedicated, secret body guard to the Red Queen, unrequited love binding him to her service and making him an ideal protector from the White Court. Should the Red Queen be targeted with the taint, he will throw his life on the line to protect her. This removes a Blood counter: if the Queen is targeted and Martin has no counters, he dies. If the Queen is Lynched, Martin will become the new Red Queen and will continue his Liege's dark mission.

They share a QT

The White Court:

The White King: Proud ruler of the White Court, the King has the power to Enthrall a human every night without their knowledge. If the Red Queen is targeted and has no pawn to protect her, she dies. His goal is to Enthrall all living players, and he shares a QT with his Thrall. The only way to kill the King without killing the Thrall is a lynch. All night actions hit the Thralls first in order of creation (newest to oldest) then the King.

Willing White Thrall: This individual has chosen to serve the White King, and is his protector from the deadly machinations of the Red Queen. If she attempts to devour the king, the Willing Thrall will die in his stead. If the White King is Lynched, the Thrall will be elevated to be the New King and will continue his master's deadly mission.

They share a QT.

The Neutral Man AKA The Crime Lord

Gentleman Johnny Marcone: Once every other night, Marcone chooses a coin face as well as a court. I flip a coin. If Marcone calls correctly, every Thrall/Pawn in that court is removed except the Originals. For the Red Pawns, the counters are removed, for the White Thralls, the taint is removed. If there are no Pawns/Thralls the Queen/King Die. After four successful attempts, this power is removed and Marcone simply is trying to survive. Can self-purify.

Tainting Rules: Those who are tainted will be unaware they are tainted. There will be times when a member of the game is "visited by a stranger" but this is the flavor text for any time a Night Action occurs that targets you. I'm posting this now to clarify any questions ahead of time.

Win Conditions:

The Good Guys must remove all Vampires. They don't have to remove Marcone.

The Red Court must kill/turn everyone.

The White Court must kill/turn everyone

The Neutral must survive to the end.

Game will start at 7pm EST(US) as this is the first night and because I sent the PMs out on short notice, everyone has 24 hours from 6:00pm EST(US) to confirm. If at that point you have neglected to confirm I will replace you. I only have two alts right now so please confirm. Yes this was posted a few minutes early but that doesn't mean everyone can post here. If you have any questions, please post them in your QT first.

LIVE LIST:
    1. Bill Door
    2. Castiel
    3. Zennith
    4. Moridin
    5. NobelFiction
    6. Rubicon
    7. Jibril
    8. Stojil
    9. LochNess
    10. Sesc
    11. Rents
    12. Schrodinger
    13. CheddarTrek/Aekiel (Still Awaiting confirmation from these two)
    14. Typhon
    15. Fontisian

Pleas re-read the roles as I have changed their abilities slightly.

Also I have taken Schrodinger's explanations to use. That being said, I have posted half an hour early. In 28 minutes from now game begins again. Cheddar/Aekiel have yet to confirm, if neither confirms within 24 hours I will remove them and it will be 14 players instead of 15. Let the Games begin in 28 minutes.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Third time's the charm, right guys? Guys?

3. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Are we getting new roles? I am confused, I haven't received anything.

4. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    And I was really looking forward to playing White Thrall, too... whelp, vanilla mortal.

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Goddammit, Riley.

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Okay well then I guess I will join the game when I get my role!

7. Riley

LochNess has her role. Nothing was missed, I just skipped over her in the PM process.

play on

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  8. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

Well, good to know everything is in order now. And the modified roles are properly explained now, which is cool. All those counters and whatnot were kind of confusing.

9. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

So, guys, I'm the former Red Queen and the former Red Pawn, but I'm town now, finally, and I can share my plan:

1) Molly roleclaims.
    2) Dresden protects her.

This means that:

a) Scum targeting her wastes or seriously risks to waste a night (they have no way to know if Dresden is dead - only Molly will, when the visits stop coming, and she shouldn't tell, obviously).
    b) Molly can serenely tell us the results of her checks.
    c) Players visited in the night will know that they were visited by the White King (there's no other possibility), so they can tell us and Molly can act accordingly.

Discuss.

10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

So... I'm practically a veteran now, right? Seriously though, good luck again guys.

---------- Post automerged at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Hmm. Seems logical. Only flaw I can see is if Dresden were to die and Molly be visited by a vampire on the same night. If that happened, she would be tainted without knowing. That's relatively minor, though, and somewhat unlikely. I think it's a fair plan.

11. fontisian

I don't see a problem with Stojil's plan besides the minor flaw that Typhoon illuminated, though we could just have Dresden protect himself. Dresden's power does protect against the taint right?

12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

That can't be right. Dresden can target himself? Wut?

13. fontisian

He can, yeah.

14. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The problem being that we have no way of confirming said role-claim.

15. fontisian

Other than seeing if anyone counterclaims? We'd have a 50% chance of lynching the scum and keeping the seer if someone tried to falsely claim seer, assuming that roles are revealed on death. Even if the seer died, we'd still be down one scum player the next day.

If it really bothers you, Dresden can just protect himself every night, but we wouldn't get to hear Molly's checks and immediately determine who is tainted. There's also the risk that scum will get lucky and kill Dresden early on if he isn't protecting himself.

16. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

From what Riley said earlier there is no role reveal on death, so we'll be shooting blind.

17. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    As a former red queen, I agree with Stojil's plan. Molly should roleclaim.

18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I like the plan. I won't be surprised if more than one person claims Molly, but even that is probably a net positive for town.

19. Riley

This great question has been brought up twice now: If a Thrall/Pawn is targeted for a night action, will it work? The answer is no. A Thrall/Pawn targeted by the opposite court will die.

Also I can confirm no role-reveal on death.

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Stojil's plan seems like the best way to move forward.

Let's hope this one works out better than the earlier attempts.