1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Litany of Blood by jon3776 - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Midknight, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: Harry Potter and the Litany of Blood
    Author: jon3776
    Rating: M
    Category: Action/Adventure/Romance
    Pairing: Harry/Fleur and Harry/Girl!blaise
    Chapters: 19
    Words: 134,377
    Updated: August 6, 2007
    Published: June 4, 2004

Summary: The brother wands had a farther reaching affect than anyone could have predicted. Harry's fifth year will be a time filled with vampires, ancient magics, new love, and the most dangerous thing in the world-a woman scorned...
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1894696/1/

Litany of Blood was a spark of hope for me, then it turned stagnant and seems abandonded now =(

Yeah Fleur's great but he's gotta get with Blaise for the training he needs, and instead of jumping to it, he's letting Blaise seduce him, and ignores 99.9% of it.

I do swear sometimes in that fic he's gay, if some hot chick like Blaise in the story sends you naked pictures and is inviting you to freely screw any orfice she fricking has, wtf are you going to bother with the whiny Cho in this story, or the veela you'd need to stick 24/7 security on to keep the rest of the ppl away from her veela charm?

Checked by Minion, March 24, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Since Litany of Blood has some mention in this topic and I'm too lazy to make one for it, I'll post my thoughts on the two chapters that went up today. I'm enjoying the fact that Harry is getting darker, but I don't like all the respect Ron is getting. Him getting a Dragon animagus form is just crap.

3. Midknight

ug.

Harry going darker is good, being so bitchy and annoying is not =(
    I'll say again the guy's gotta be queer to not be boning them both by now.

It's starting to go waaaayyyyy off normal with Ginny being possessed by a succubus queen, RON of all ppl being a dragon animagus, and that godamned Malfoy kid

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

OMGWTFBBQ I'm Voldie's animagus! Ginny being possessed by a succubus queen kinda turned me off there.

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I was actually surprised with how unobtrusive Psyche Malfoy was in these chapters. Seems the author's willing to let her fade into the background a little bit. Still don't like the fact that Ron's usurping Harry's spotlight, and the real hero is content to spend all his time sulking over Fleur and doing homework.

I don't mind the succubus!Ginny thing either. Since we're obviously going to have to stomach some moments between the two, it at least gives an excuse for him feeling some attraction.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

guh.. i like Jon's fics genrerally, The Art Of Healing particularly, but i just couldnt get interested in Litany. Kinda glad i couldnt from what im hearing

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

It's the opposite for me. Art of Healing was the one I couldn't get interested in. Then again, I've never really liked Post-Hogwarts fics very much.

8. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

It has been updated.

9. Midknight

Aye, hence the review of the chapter =)

I really enjoy the idea behind Litany, it's decent, and very interesting. Once he turned Harry into a triangle between a slutty Half vampire Blaise, a hot Veela Fleur, and a stalker Ginny, it started it's downward slide.

Blaise and Fleur i could understand, theyre both magical creatures, and the duality would be decent. Adding Ginny just created a clusterfuck of pointless sideshot whining over how she can't have Harry.

I'm moving this into its own topic, someone edit the top post and add the info for Litany or I'll do it tom.

10. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Yupp Ginny should just die, but it's a pity that Dumbledore doesn't want Harry to become an Animagus, because his form sounds really intresting.

Overslept the review, can't expect me to think straight 24/7.

11. Midknight

Ah I forgot, normal people are on a 24 hour day!

<-insomniac, often awake for 24 + hour periods of time, lol I have no concept of sleep or of days ':magic:'

12. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

My wake/sleep rhythm isn't normal either but sometimes my brain decides to rest while I sit in front of a computer, good thing too because my brain shutting up when I actually need it ain't sounding good.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This stories gone down the shitter... its really a shame. He had a good idea and it was well done up until recently.

14. Midknight

When I am done with Traitors, or maybe even sooner, I may ask this guy to do a AU version of this story, b/c I like the basic ideas, but it was ruined by so many ships/stalkers and lack of progression in the Blaise/Vamp training angle.

15. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I usually have to force myself to bed, otherwise I'm just...awake. What also drives me to bed is when my eyes start to hurt and ache really badly...not because I'm tired. If I let myself, I'm a total insomniac.

16. Midknight

I've found the motion sickness pills Dramamine work really, really well for me as sleeping pills.

I can take 2000mg of extra strength Tylenol PM and barely feel it start working on me 2+ hours later, and it quickly wears off. If I go to sleep when it's at its peak effectiveness on me, I have a nearly impossible time waking up.

I take 1 400 mg dramamine motion sickness pill, and within 30 minutes, I'm feeling slightly drowsy and it's enough to get me in a peaceful sleep I can wake easily from to get the alarm.

Dunno why a motion sickness pill works so much better then actual sleeping pills but it majorly pissed me off when I went to a theme park for my vacation. Took 2, thinking I'd be able to do all the coasters without feeling sick, and I was barely concious for most of the day.

17. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Never tried motion sickness pills to fall asleep, it sounds interesting perhaps I should try.

18. Emrys

Emrys Muggle

He updated.

Finally the choice was made to get Fleur out of the picture and for him to be with Blaise and then a little icky red haired whore pops up and ruins the story.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

.....I used to love this story.

Now I hate it.

Why? Because of that red-headed whore. I'm a firm Fem!Blaise shipper, and that craps me, it craps me to tears. And Harry's ignorance craps me even more. The fact that Blaise didn't point out she only ever used the ring once and he obviously knew about it crapped the hell out of me also.

ANGER.

RAGE.

HATRED.

He should capitalise on those, but instead of rejecting Blaise he should accept it and train for the love of god!

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I dunno, I liked the direction he went with Harry. I want to see him just dump off both Fleur and Blaise (and of course not give a glance to Ginslut) and focus on himself, and grow stronger and darker and keep withdrawing into himself. I could do without all the emphasis on the redheaded retard (Ron) and have the focus be more or less entirely on Harry, but I do like the direction that Harry's going in at the moment.