1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mental Exercise: Naruto and Nasu-Physics

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Probellum, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Basically what it says. Just a mental exercise I started to do out of boredom. Really, it's just a question of "Does Naruto work with Nasuverse Physics?" As Roarian pointed out to me on IRC, it's made up physics, so it doesn't really matter. But that's why this is a mental exercise and not something more relevant. I suppose someone could use it if they were making a crossover or something, though.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time coming up with how they don't work together. I can't think of a technique that explicitly defies Nasuverse when you equate them to Mysteries, except for maybe Edo-Tensei and the various space-time techniques like Hiriashin. (Which, even then, could be considered True Magics)

So if the techniques themselves don't break Nasuverse, I've started looking at the inner-workings of how Shinobi use Jutsu and Magi use Mysteries.

Which leaves me with a Magic Circuit vs Chakra Pathway debate. At first I thought Tenketsu would break it, but then I remembered Tenketsu are just points on the body, nodes where Chakra can be expelled, and aren't what actually make chakra. That till leaves the fact that when struck, they block Chakra from flowing. So now, if the Chakra Pathway is equated with a Circuit, would striking a Tenketsu be considered tampering with a Circuit while in use? I lean towards yes, but I'm not entirely sure.

Another point to consider are Affinities, which on the surface seem to line up pretty well. The only point of diversion there might be is in how a Shinobi can master more elements than they actually have Affinities for. So do they develop another affinity through practice, or are they stuck with their own Affinity and can just use others through hard work and enough effort? Can Magi achieve the same and are just lazy? I know that Magi can change there Affinity, but it's supposed to be dangerous and painful.

And then we have Kekkai Genkai, which, really, care basically exactly like Sorcery Traits if expressed a tad differently.
    --------------------------------------

So, those are my thoughts, and while my conclusion is that I lean towards that they don't work, there's a big enough gap of "Unknown," to say that it could too.

Now I'm just interested if people have thoughts, or points to debate.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Chakra theory is elaborated much in Naruto canon, so fitting it into the Nasuverse can't be that hard tbh. Shinobi could just be relics of the Age of the Gods where magus were capable of ridiculous shit.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Nasuverse?

4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

The universe where Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime take place.

5. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This. It doesn't even conflict with modern geography, since apparently Avalon exists and the King Arther myth is somehow concurrent with mundane history.

6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I don't know, just feels so...hand-wavy. Oh well.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nasuverse has very little consistent canon. You could fit just about anything in there without too much trouble.

8. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

And that's before you start trying to wrap your mind around Kaleidoscope and The Blue.

9. Deadsomeone

Deadsomeone Third Year

What is The Blue's True Magic anyways? The best I was able to guess was some sort of higher level energy manipulation or time control.

10. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Fairly sure it's something to do with time. Not entirely sure how, but the whole point of the True Magics is that they're beyond current scientific comprehension. It's probbly just one of hose things, where even simplified and in layman's terms, it'll go over just about everybody's heads.

11. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Seems to be a sort of cut and paste time thing. Someone dies? She cuts the part where the die and pastes it somewhere far in the future. An attack hits her? She cuts it and pastes it somewhere else. She needs more power? She cuts and pastes the power from a possible future version of herself. It was implied at some point that she could do the whole casualty manipulation thing by cutting the effects of an attack and placing them prior to the attacks occurrence.

Or, at least, that's how the ability seems to work. By the very definition of the word, True Magic can't be explained.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So... She can control cause and effect. Well that's not hilariously overpowered at all.

13. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

All of the Magics are hilariously overpowered. All of them.

14. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Yeah pretty much, just going off my head we have the kaleidoscope which provides operation and control over parallel worlds, the blue which appears to be control over causality, heaven's feel which is essentially perfect resurrection of the soul (if I remember correctly), time travel, and I can't remember the fifth magic... Still, the point stands that every last one of those is pretty much overpowered against everything else at the moment.

15. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

The first Magic is Denial of Nothingness which amounts to Creation. Think Shriou's magic but not restricted to any field, no cost, doesn't degrade/fade, and isn't reduced in rank.