1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fairy Tail.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by oakes, Mar 29, 2013.

1. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Is there any good, pure, fairy tail story? I check it from time to time, but maybe the fandom is too young for now.

2. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Since there's already a thread for this, I figure I'd ask here. Maybe some stories have popped up since Ocs, posted.

So yeah, anyone read any half-way decent Fairy Tail fics? Don't have to be top quality, but readable at least.

I'd even be good with Crossovers.

3. FriedIce

FriedIce Seventh Year

As someone who's into the fandom myself the utter lack of quality FT fics irritates me too.

So far I've found one: Under the Flames

As a warning it will not be for everyone. It features a mute Natsu and several OCs, but frankly what with the state of the fandom currently I'll take what I can get.

Crossover wise there's a couple of decent FT/Naruto Crossovers which generally go down the predictable path of Naruto ending up in Fiore and joining FT. Though there were two that stuck out to me. One where Konoha ends up invading Fiore for some reason called Dark Guild Konoha
    And anouther where Naruto ends up joining Cait Shelter.

Also [shameless plug] I'm writing one of my own about a darker Lucy. Its only on two chapters at the moment but I'd appreiciate some feedback. Here's a link: Tartarus

I hope that helps.

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, I have two on my favourites list, so

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6362700/1/Scarlet-Lily

Honestly, I don't remember anything about this one except it starred Mirajane and Erza and that it was slightly disjointed in terms of time progression, so, no idea how it holds up. Apparently I liked it enough to subscribe and favourite it, so, maybe you will have fun with that one. Might be yuri too, which would explain why I did favourite it.

And then there is The Crystal Mage which has an OC protag focus but to the stories credit, it does read and feel exactly like a Fairy Tail arc would. It is nothing spectacular and it starts better than it ends but it has definitely a Fairy Tail feel to it, alongside with the typical Fairy Tail flaws in terms of story telling.

As far as crossovers go, I think there were a few Naruto ones with usual, run of the mill bad super-Naruto's which end up as harem stories and I think there was a decent crossover with Zelda where Link becomes a member of Fairy Tail but I am not sure how good that one was. Probably readable.

Yeah, here it is. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5971480/1/Link-Mage-of-Fairy-Tail

5. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9055193/1/La-Tormenta

Not too bad, there isn't any glaring grammatical mistakes/misspells, unlike 90% or the Fairy Tail fics out there. It's a classic Naruto is transported into the Fairy Tail world plot, but the fact that Naruto mostly act like a shinobi instead of a mage makes it interesting. There's nothing too cringeworthy, there's some conflict -Naruto doesn't completely roflstomp everyone- I thought it was a good read. 3.5 or 4/5 from me.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, figured I'd put a couple that I've found up, as well.

First is The Clocktower Guild: Reunited, by Sage of Eyes, a Fate/SN crossover. Pretty short, at only 13k words, but what's there is pretty good so far. Uses Zelretch as a plot device, where he pranks people from the Clocktower by making them amnesiac and drops em off in Fiore. So far, we've seen Rin, who's apparently in her Magical Girl form with Ruby, and Shirou and Lorelei, who meet up in the first chapter. 3 chapters in all, so far.

Then, there's A New World, The Story of a Lost Shinobi, by Lanky Nathan. Naruto Crossover, but notable in that Naruto isn't really overpowered. He's really only as powerful as he was right after defeating Pein/Nagato. Still has Naruto being trans-dimensionally teleported to Fiore.