1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oblivion

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Little Knee, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

Watched it yesterday. A real beauty in visual. The story itself is not really original, but I guess it's hard to find anything truly original these days. The love story is good, the acting is good (Andrea Riseborough brought great performance throughout the movie), and the plot is compelling, intriguing at times, even nostalgic (Wall-E pops in my head at many points in the movie).

I'm really glad for not watching the trailers, read the spoilers, or even knowing about this movie at all before. My friend just asked me to go to cinema, said that there's this good movie she wanted to see, so I thought, why not? My expectation was low, and the movie surprised me in many ways.

All in all, I think it's a very good movie. It's simple, at times predictable, but still very good.

What do you think?

2. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

You know, I don't really pay much attention to upcoming movies and all, especially since I'm in Spain atm. But for a quick moment, I honestly hoped that I suddenly got blind sided by an Elder Scrolls movie.

3. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

That it was beautifully shot but the plot is unoriginal bland of other movies' ideas.. (in my opinion mostly Moon)

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I saw it this weekend. I loved it. I'd say it has a lot of the same strenghts and weaknesses as Tron: Legacy (same director), with better acting at least, but I'm a sucker for a visually stunning sci-fi movie. If you like Tron you'll love Oblivion.

Recommendation: Don't read any spoilers. This movie has about 10 twists and I didn't see almost any of them coming.

5. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

That's gratifying to hear; I know what I might be doing tonight. Putting aside my hatred of Tom Cruise was difficult, but you've sold me.

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Two things, first on Tom Cruise Im still not a fan of his but after I read number five in this Cracked article I just can't hate him anymore.

Second, what's the quote in your signature from?

7. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

That's actually from an original story I'm working on.

8. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ahh I ask because I was curious if Jumper meant the movie that came out a few years back or something else.