1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Did Ginny slip Harry love potion in HBP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think this topic deserves it's own discussion, Nuit and Exiled Rain get the credit for this, I just couldn't move the posts out of the thread due to replies without taking alot, lol. I think this idea has serious credibility, but knowing JKR it'll just be some utter bullshit

EDIT_ this has been mentioned several times in the past day or so, so I'm stickying it for further discussion in this thread. It's a damned good explanation for what happened, and I praise the 2 posters for bringing it forward.

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Indeed...from that we could fork many neat story ideas, especially Ginny using love potion on Harry. Then he could fall to the dark side. :twisted: :twisted:

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

He is so over come with rage because she was playing playing with his emotions that he snaps! Maybe Hermione and Ron helped her with it so it really ticks him off. Dark!Harry goodness!

4. TrickyMazoku

TrickyMazoku Guest

It would make sense. Harry in Gryffindor, friends with Light family and muggleborn and in the end Harry+Ginny= Completly Lightsided Gryffindor Harry. Another pawn for Dumbledore.

Dumbledore:"Harry say NO to your inner Slytherin and Dark Side"
    Harry:"What! I am Gryffindor and Lightsided ONLY!!!"

5. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

it gives dark harry writers everywhere a good way to make a decent post-HBP story.

but knowing JKR she will probably pull some bullshit to where ginny tells harry it was a love potion and harry being so nice will decide to stay with her. The reason JKR will do this to parralel voldemorts mom and dad thing where she used a love potion and then stopped and told tom about it and he got mad. Only with the whole ginny harry wont.

but if JKR does make him get mad at ginny thats the only way she can redeem herself.

6. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

You notice at the end of the book when he broke up with Ginny, she was really surprised?

7. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

The irony of a Dumbledore's pawn Harry is that according to the existentialist philosophy espoused by JKR in the form of Albus Dumbledores statement on choice in the first book, is that by not allowing Harry to make a choice, but rather be guided 100% by the choices made for him she is countering her own philosophical argument that it is our choices that shape us, by having her main character shaped not by his own choices, but by Dumbledores.

And damn that was a long sentence.

8. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Harry will never go dark. Ginny would never do anything so underhanded. That's the way JKR is going to go with this.

But if I were writing a book 7, I would totally play this up.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

You could even say that maybe Ron and Ginny were slipping both Harry and Hermione love potion. Thats why she turned into a girly-girl chit in the sixth book. See her jealous rages? It was kinda like what Harry was keeping inside.

10. Midknight

excellent point, or you could use someone else was slipping it in their food forcing them to love Harry/Ron.

11. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

ITS POISON!!!

I sometimes wonder what JK is thinking. How could Harry be a virgin at this point? WHy isn't he more angry or independent? JK blows off all these questions with "because he loves" I HATE this response. Its like saying "It just is."

FUCK YOU JK!!!! ARGHGHGH The first four books were good but non she can't write for SHIT!!! (just realized that the first 4 books were good WITH the exception of Secrets)

12. Midknight

I think I can handle CoS alot better then S's Stone. Trials a 11 year old with no prior magical experiance can get through and it's supposed to stop the baddest sum bitch ever in recent history?!?!?!?!?!?

13. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

that's true. I feel like SOrcer's Stone only sucks if you think the end was REALLY meant to keep Voldemort out (it wasn't) it was meant to give Harry and company a chance to succeed. OTherwise, why not just have a password protected thing like THE HEADMASTER'S FUCKING OFFICE!!!

Make it some random word. Harry couldn't break through that shit in his 4th year (remember him Randomly guessing as Barty Crouch Sr. went ape shit with Krum Cake?)

The Sorcer's Stone tasks were designed FOR Harry. (its the ONLY logical conclusion when you think about it.)

14. Midknight

Yep, thats the reasoning I'm using, that Dumbles was there the whole time, and forcing Harry to face Voldemort, trying to have Harry kill him while Voldie was weak.

Otherwise.. "You think I'm a bit touched do you? You could of easily Fidelius'ed the damned hiding location and stuck it in the middle of the Great hall and it'd never of been found. You fooled only the foolish Dumbledore, and I stopped being one of those some time back."

15. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Aye
    -> they learned how to harm the plant in herbology
    -> flying is the only thing Harry cares about
    -> chess is the only skill Ron has
    -> the troll was defeated by Quirrell
    -> the riddle just screamed Herman
    -> and Dumbledore introduced the mirror to Harry

16. Midknight

aye it was so horribly transparent by the time I got to it I didn't need to read the book to figure out what happened. It wasn't until the first movie came out years later that I bothered finishing book 1, just to see how different it was from the movie.

17. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Back on topic! How could ANYONE fall in love with a girl who literally couldn't be around you without making a fool of herself (remember the butterdish, the countless times she squeaked and ran away?) I would say that this girl is a bigger pussy than her ACTUAL pussy, but I know that's not possible as she's fucked every hogwarts guy at LEAST 3 times.

18. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

every thing in hogwards is moving...thus you can conclude by her....er.... behavior that she fucked every moving thing in hogwards maybe not the women but everything else.

19. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

lol

20. Midknight