1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Following

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Wynter, May 17, 2013.

1. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I missed if anyone made a topic on this and couldn't find one so apologies if there was.

As for this show itself, a new creative concept, not one that I have seen done before. Its basically about a retired FBI agent being called in to help catch the man he apprehended on his last mission for the FBI. The man having promptly escaped prison. The man is Joe Carroll, an Edgar Allen Poe freak who murdered14 young women. Basically over his stay in prison, Carroll created a cult following and the show takes on from there as Hardy (The protagonist) tries to bring him and the cult down.

In terms of the show, it has its hits and misses, certainly watchable although I feel it shouldn't have had a second season (How I feel about the second arc of Death Note basically.)

The acting is very good, Hardy and his team are solid in their roles. The cult is extremely flat but James Purefoy steals the show as Carroll in my opinion, some of the best work in modern T.V as of the moment.

I'm inclined to give it 3.5/5, it's fresh, new, and exciting. But can at times be predictable and have those lull moments. Worth giving a go.

2. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Watched eight episodes.Mediocre show with a false veneer of intellectualism. 24 with a few quotes every now and again. Except 24 wasn't a loose episodic story tied together by an often improbable running arc.

I don't really think that Purefoy or Bacon did anything interesting with their roles. Purefoy especially seems to be retreading his Marc Antony role at times. Bacon has shown some spark but I think his character isn't really interesting enough to justify it.

I agree on one thing though: this should have been a one season arc. But network tv is incapable of that.

3. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

My roommate, an intellectual architect essay writing guy, was following this show fanatically earlier this year.

I couldn't get into it.