1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon Prime vs Netflix

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Reign, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Reign

Reign Fourth Year

I've been thinking about replacing Netflix with Amazon Prime but I'm not sure what movies fall under the 'Prime' label. Is it any 'Instant Video' or is there another sub-category that I can't see without having Prime?

If it is any 'Instant video' then I'm definitely going to go for that, just for the large selection but if not, I might as well stick with Netflix for the android app.

2. coleam

coleam Death Eater

It's not all of the instant videos, but it does include a good chunk of them. In general, you miss out on the newer releases (Hunger Games is the newest movie on Prime right now, at least that I noticed). Downside is no HD unless you stream with your Kindle Fire, Xbox, PS3, Roku etc.

You also get free 2-day shipping on anything sold by Amazon (and a lot of their partners as well). I have it primarily for that - it pays for itself with the number of things I order on online.

Edit: If you're curious what the Prime selection is like, you can see it without being a member. They also have a free 30-day trial.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013