1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The upcoming disaster; the HP & the Goblet of Fire movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zevrillion, Aug 27, 2005.

?

Will Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire stink or rock?

1. Stink

100.0%
  2. Rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

What do you think; will it stink or rock?

Personally I think it will stink, but it can’t be any worse than the other movies, so hopefully it will be worth seeing.

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I believe it'll suck. Theres just too much dark content for them to pull it off with any semblance of completion. Some will be okay, but I'm sure the CGI dragon...well, Lupin anybody? Peter won't cut off his hand, etc. I wonder if 'ole Mad-Eye Crouchy will use the Unforigvables on the spiders.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think there's just too much content period. A whole lot of stuff is going to have to be cut. I would think they could remove some filler by not doing the Yule Ball, but the fact that they cast a part for Cho leads me to think that will be in the film. Unless her entire purpose is to cameo in the Second Task with no acknowledgement of Harry's feelings for her. Which is possible, seeing as she wasn't in the third movie.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think they'll chop out alot of the parts in the middle, and we'll be left with the World cup to intro Krum, the tasks, and some half ass way for Voldie to come back, with some filler shit in the middle of them all whining

The dragons I've seen pics of in the trailers look incredible, you can tell they've spent alot of money and time doing the tasks.

Moody looks like a fat fuck, instead of an impressive ex auror: http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/571/571288/img_2957366.html

Cho looks cute: http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/571/571288/img_2957375.html

Harry looks clueless through out the entire thing, from all the SS's i've seen: http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/571/571288/img_2689095.html

Other stuff, Cedric and Krum look great, just like I'd imagined for the most part, Fleur should look much, much, MUCH better, the actress they cast for her ,looks like a average french chick with something foul smelling under her nose they way it's stuck up in the air, not some sexy goddess

5. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Ron looks like the all time loser as he is.

I think Cho was ok too and Harry looks like the idiot Harry in canon.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

7. Midknight

8. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

yeah, i really don't want to go see it. the first two movies were good but the the third...just horrible. and they're going to cut out all the good parts and leave the parts nobody cares about. i don't even want to see them do the graveyard scene. they're probably going to go and mess that up really badly.

its kind of like the books, they first couple are great, but then it gradually gets worse. so i'll just wait for the dvd to come out.

9. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I have a feeling it will end up like Steven Kings IT or The Stand... Far to much content to put into 3 movies, much less one. They can do a CGI dragon pretty well... Actually the CGI isn't what concerns me, what concerns me is how they are going to splice the entire book into a terrible mess. I will never forgive the movie industry for cutting out all but the bare bones of "IT." And I certainly wont forgive them for The Stand. Methinks HP #4 wont be any better, which is in a way pretty sad.

Well I am now off to watch Bonnie and Clyde... It came out in the 60's/70's and literally revolutionized how films were made. One of the best movies of all time. Though it gets no respect.

Finally, has anyone here seen Harold and Kumar go to White Castle? That movie wasfucking hilarious.

10. Midknight

the stand movie was actually decent to me, up until the middle part where everything became ultra fast and cobbled together.

I never finished reading the last bits of the book though, did god's hand really come down in the book and set off the nuke? That part was so godamned cheesy it hurt to watch

11. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

The new movie is going to suck there is simply too much stuff to put in the movie.

Actually I think I will rephrase that, the movie is going to be great for the people that have not read the books because they won't notice the horribly chopped up parts and the great scenes that are missing.

For us that have read the book it is going to be a let down. For me I didn't like the third movie and neither did anyone else that I talked to that read the book and saw so much content missing in the movie. Those that didn't read the book thought it was an ok-great movie.

The part that really made me feel like puking was everyone going around saying that the movie was freaking 'scary' . . . I feel for the fools.

I think that the first 2 movies were ok but they fucked up big time in the third with that new director. There was this website that shows the most mistakes in the movie which name escapes me. The third movie had the most mistakes, in the 900's of mistakes, compared to the next ones which were just entering the 100's of mistakes. The new Director just. . .urgh he was horrible I mean have you seen that 'new' castle have you heard of continuity? Ringing a bell? No? Sigh :roll:

We can hope that they don't kiddidize (don't look at me like that :evil: ) the movie and that they separate the movies for the new books. They haven't done that yet because they don't want the people to age to fast looking like 20's when the characters are fifteen and what not. They are complaining about the opportunity why??? Sigh.

The sad thing is the 'trio' actors are going like 'we are unsure if we are coming back to the make the next movie because we don't want to spend our early career doing one role’ They don’t realize that they are already been branded by these movies and they are only really going to be recognized for these movies they have already. I.E Radcliff walking down the street the kids are going to say ‘hey Harry Potter!’ and that’s it. Well I guess he actually get practice with putting up with people screaming that in his part, one thing for him to look up for.

12. Midknight

with the amount of talent the trio have shown thus far, they should be godamned grateful someone is actually GIVING them work, not commenting on whether or not they'll continue like fucking primadonnas.

Felton is a great example of how they ALL should be, he's said time and time again he loves acting as Draco, and will do it as long as they'll have him, he's so grateful for the oppurtunity.

We've got a thread on the third movie I started months ago, give that a look for how we all felt about it, heh

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I think it will suck because... well, you wont see Peter cutting his hand off will you. Mind, Harry didnt actually see it either... he looked away and just heard the screams.

From what I saw on this trailer they showed on TV about a week ago, it looked fucking awesome and fairly dark. The places like the lake, Hogwarts grounds, the maze, ect, looked great. I reckon they just slapped all the best parts of the movie together thou, so it doesnt really say much.

The dragon looks cool but does Harry get on his Firebolt? All i've seen so far in pictures is him actually running away from it, not flying.

Moody looks pathetic.

Cho is not how I pictured her. She looks cute but in the book she is supposed to be sexy. Cute and sexy are different things but I dont really mind this much.

Fleur is no where near what I pictured her but it would be fairly hard to find something as good looking as a Veela in our world, eh? Still, they could have found someone better.

The movie starts at the World Cup, not at the Dursley's. They arent even in the movie this time around. Frankly, I find that annoying. I reckon they are funny in the movies. Uncle Vernon anyway.

Yule Ball is included. Hermione doesnt even wear a blue dress. Its creamy pink or someshit. She dances with Harry as well which didnt happen. I swear, in the movies they are trying to lean it towards them two getting together even thou the sixth book now just shot that to shit. Harry asks Cho but gets turned down like in the books so he does have a crush on her in the movies.

As for the actors being greatful, Dan Redclief or wateva the fuck his name is said he'd stay on as long as they would have him aswell. He actually said it before Felton.

On a sidenote, look at Cedric in POA movie and the new one in GOF. Look so different, lol.

14. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Yeah... Sort of.

Though in the book there was actually a REASON for it, as opposed to in the movie where it just sort of happened.

The Stand was Kings attempt at a serious thought-provoking literary classic. He didn't quite reach that goal, but it was still a good book.

15. Midknight

One thing I think that signifies how screwy the movie will be:

The ppl are making it a huge selling point that GoF is PG-13 instead of PG....

wow so we get a movie with torture of animals, cutting off of a hand, dropping a baby into a cauldron of liquid, etc, etc....

and the best they can do is pg-13. says alot I guess. I didn't expect it to be rated R, but being so excited, at least the reviewers are, that is gained the 13 suffix kinda shows they aren't taking it far enough.

OOTP has forced mutilation while being tortured (quill) and various other things that I'd think would force it past 13 *shrug*

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

As for the whole sexy Cho thing, I don't necessarily agree. Harry always thought of her as extremely pretty. That could mean either. And you also have to wonder how much sex appeal a fifteen year old girl would really have. I think the girl they have playing her fits the role well enough.

17. Midknight

/old perv mod on

15 year old girls actually have shitloads of sex appeal!

-I've been doing layout on a bridge right across the street from the High School over here for about a month now, and the girls you see coming out of there at the end of the day, and at lunch 14-18, some of them made the guys just fucking stop and gawk.

Hell, discounting that, when I was in High School I dated a buncha of the preppier (preppyer?) girls, and most of them looked like they could of easily been on the cover of playboy.

Then again, every British girl I've seen looks manly and usually not anywhere near pretty so *shrug*, and I haven't had enough contact with a wide range of asian girls to form a very valid opinion, but most of them i've seen are very, very plain and boring.

18. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Bah!

When I was in Italy the summer after my freshman year I had the time of my fucking life with a group of Brits my age who were staying in Siena at the same time I was. Some of them had the stereotypical horrible teeth, but a couple of the girls were hot as hell. And making Giovanni's list is not an easy accomplishment... Well yes it is, but I like to pretend that it isn't.

19. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    I am going to watch GoF just because it will be so horribly spliced, it will be funny. I hate stupid directors, like in the Cave, I disproved almost every theory in the fucking plot! They just need a 14 year old to read over their scripts and tell them how to fix it because the actors certainly aren't going to do anything about it!

20. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

the cave??? whats that?

Not open for further replies.