PDA

View Full Version : Hufflepuff Story

Athenia
07-02-2006, 08:17 PM
So, I don't know if nonjon would allow this(<--PS: this is my round about way of asking if you would) but I just read The Caitiff's Death Eater Hufflepuff story which he says is largely inspired by your story.

Anyway, I would love to see an AU where Harry is sorted into Hufflepuff and, although it doesn't have to be Dark!Harry, Hufflepuff house turns out to more or less follow nonjon's Hufflepuff Manifesto (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2630300/13/). It would be pretty easy to do in a one shot, but to be honest, it would be great if someone was even willing to flush it out into a full story.

Provided of course nonjon is ok with this.

Edit: I'm not actually making this a challenge yet since nonjon hasn't said anything, but if it turns out to be ok, I'll re-write this in proper challenge format.

Mordecai
07-02-2006, 08:36 PM
And what exactly is the Hufflepuff manifesto, I couldn't seem to grasp that from the chapter. There was just a brief mention, unless i missed in my exhaustion.

Athenia
07-02-2006, 08:41 PM
As quoted from the chapter:

Hufflepuff for Life
We Are the Dark Gods and WE RULE OVER ALL!
1). There is no good and evil, there is only power... and those too weak to seek it.
2). There is no good and evil! There is only power! And those too weak to seek it!
3). Live fast, die young, and leave a mutilated unidentifiable corpse behind. And then, when no one’s paying attention, assume the previous life of that corpse. Repeat as necessary.
4). Wizard, Witch, Pureblood, Halfblood, Muggleborn, Squib, Muggle. None of it matters, as inside they are all the same: five liters of blood and an infinite number of ways to spill it. Except for babies. They don’t have quite as much blood.
5). Tattoos are for pussies and Death Eaters. Real men carve art into their flesh with knives, not needles, ink, or magic.
6). The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled wasn’t convincing the world she didn't exist. It was convincing her researchers, her grunt workers, and her scapegoats that she cared. And that they mattered. She even convinced most of them that they were more important than her. So she gave them qualities, characteristics, jobs, and duties. She renamed them Ravenclaws, Gryffindors, and Slytherins. You tell a man, he is sly and cunning and he finds it hard to disagree. No matter that expressly advertising that you are sly and cunning is just about the least sly or cunning thing you can do. If he is not a Hufflepuff, he will know no better. He will believe himself sly and cunning. Or he will believe himself intelligent and clever. Or he will believe himself brave and courageous. It is your job to make him believe that! Ravenclaws plan your strategies, Gryffindors fight your battles, Slytherins take your blame. And only behind the curtain, have the Hufflepuffs now and forever reigned supreme.
7). Three can keep a secret if two are dead. And thus, out of necessity, was born the rivalry between Slytherin and Gryffindor.
8 ). Men will wrong you, or wrong the true ideals of a ‘puffer. When a man does, see if he expresses remorse. If he does, tell him you accept his apology. Nurse his wounds, become his friend, and help him to become healthy. Then as he turns his back to you to leave, slit his throat. If the man doesn’t express remorse, then kill his mother, kill his sister, kill his wife, kill his daughter, and rape his dog. Grant only the mercy of death to those who are remorseful. And give only pain to those who are not. No one fucks with a ‘puff.

Its really 6 and 7 that would be good for a full length non-Dark Harry.

nonjon
07-02-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm all for it. Anyone's welcome to steal my ideas. Steal my words completely, you better check with me. But my ideas and this Hufflepuff guide to life are free for the taking.

The main part was I wanted Voldie's lovely little catch-phrase to actually be the Hufflepuff motto.

f77
07-02-2006, 09:15 PM
I love nonjon's stories. It would be even better if the great nonjon himself wrote this... I like rule 8, that one's awesome! What's with rule one and two though? They are the same.

DarthBill
07-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Some things necessitate repitition.

I wonder who is the Hufflepuff that is running Voldemort's show.

Xantam
07-03-2006, 12:14 AM
I loved rule number 3. Nonjon is a genious.

Randeemy
07-03-2006, 04:02 AM
I wonder who is the Hufflepuff that is running Voldemort's show.

That would make an awesome story. Harry is in 'puff, meets the legend manipulating Voldemort and takes his place by any means necassery.

Mordecai
07-03-2006, 08:39 AM
That could make a very nice short fic, not mroe than 6 or 7 chapters I would imagine.

razz
07-03-2006, 11:19 AM
That's a great idea!

It'd be hilarious.

Athenia
07-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Since nonjon seems ok with it, I decided to make this a proper challenge:

Challenge #1:

Summary: Harry is sorted into Hufflepuff and learns that the 'puffs aren't what they seem.

Rules:

*The Hufflepuffs must follow nonjon's Hufflepuff manifesto.
*In public, Harry must act as all Hufflepuff act. (No obviously powerful, obviously smart in the spotlight Harry)
*Harry cannot join Voldemort's side even if you make him Dark/Evil
*Harry should not be instant friends with Ron, Hermione, Ginny or Draco unless he is properly using them without there knowledge.

Any takers?

rj_stone2
07-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Brilliant! So will the Sorting Hat be in on the whole thing?

I'm looking forward to the scene where the Hufflepuff Quidditch captain explains to Harry that he has to take a dive in order to avoid winning the Cup.

"On the day of the match, you might feel a sting in the back of your head. That's pride messing with you. Forget pride! Pride only hurts a 'puff, it never helps..."

DarthBill
07-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Of course the Hat's in on it. It's a 'Puff. Runs the show without anyone realizing it.

Lord Apophis
07-04-2006, 11:15 AM
This would be great if someone wrote it. I would love to see the hufflepuff that was manipulating Dumbledore, the Ministry and Voldemort from the shadows and have harry learn from him or her and then take their place. :D

The Dark Monarch
07-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Maybe the hat was actually Helga Hufflepuff's and she convinced everyone it was Gryffindors.

Or maybe the hat is helga's horcrux and she is running everything for her own amusement or something.

Lord Apophis
07-04-2006, 08:18 PM
I would love to see a story were the hat is helga's horcrux and she is still
alive manipulating things from the shadows. Maybe even living in the "Chamber of Hufflepuff" at hogwarts :D

DarthBill
07-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Any Hufflepuff Overlord must follow the Rules of the Overlord. http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html