1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Man's Chest

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by DemonDream, Jul 10, 2006.

1. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    I saw this movie yesterday, and I was shocked to see that it was actually a good sequel. They bring the two movies together admirably, and do a good job of telling the story. It doesn't feel rushed, nor does it feel stretched out. All in all, I actually think this movie is as good, if not better than the first!

2. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

I just saw it this afternoon and really liked it; good action sequences, good sp. effects and a bit of comedy. I think it helped that they made the cliffhanger at the end to divide the story into two, it meant that it wasn't too rushed or squeezed in to a short time period.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Well Depp himself said in an interview that he would be trying to portray Sparrow as a more "Metrosexual-type" character in this movie.

I fail to see where peoples love of this ill thought out series of misbegotten movies comes from... But then again I was never into pirate shit as a kid either.

5. andiais

andiais DA Member

Johnny Depp, Keira Knightly(sp?) and *urgh* Orlando Bloom for the kiddie fangirls. That's why people like these films. The kids like it for the pirate stuff, I would imagine, but everyone else drools at one of the actors or the actress. That's it.

6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I saw it yesterday. It wasn't bad, but nothing amazing either. Davey Jones' mutant freaks was strange and not explained. They could have made it much better without the half sea creature people. I also don't know how they are going to pull off the return of a certain dead character. Well one dead character is back alive and they haven't explained that. That's my thoughts on the movie.

7. BloodLust

BloodLust Banned

Johnny Depps good in both films. Hes the one keeping the films afloat. *cringes at the terrible pun* And i admit I went to see it at least partly because of Orlando Bloom. Its the rabid fangirl in me. The plot of them both is pretty much the same though, pirates losing their souls etc.

8. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

The story seemed forced, and the character interaction seemed surreal.

I do like the theme song, though.

9. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I couldn't get over how much of a bitch Knightley was in the film. It was borderline Gin-slutish.

10. Project Dark Overlord

Project Dark Overlord First Year

Just saw the movie yesterday. It was good, not as well done as the first but good. They could have done so much more with the storyline. The characterization of Davy Jones could have been great if they explored more of his past. They had a good thing going with him, especially, with the locket that played the beautiful melody and the woman that he had loved. However, I felt that they pulled the storyline in too many directions. The action scenes were wonderful. I agree that Knightley was a bitch in the film.

11. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Giant Ass Fucking Ate Johnny Depp!

12. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    It was better than most other sequals I've seen. It actually developed the characters while still keeping them all ridiculous enough to be funny.

13. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

The only decent parts of the series are the humor and some of the action. The storyline's are shit, there are way too many special effects and the dialogues are shit. I saw it yesterday, and I have to say that it made me chuckle in some places, but wasn't worth the price of admission. The cliffie was intruiging, though.

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Cliffhanger for movies fucking blows, don't make it obvious that you're going to milk more money out of the watchers.

They accomplished very little in the film, and most of it just seemed like they drug it out, specifically to make folks see the third one. The shit with Will's father and the whole lot of the sea creatures was fucking stupid.

Will's dad.. yeah I could see, but making anyone working for Davey into a sea monster was retarded. He himself was done awesome, but the sea demon stuff should of stopped with him.

My favorite moment was when Jack trades off the undead monkey to the voodoo lady, proves it's undead by shooting it point blank, heh

15. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Yeah, that was hilarious, but I thought that the scene with Jack in the coffin where he shoots the crow that's pecking on the wood was even better.

16. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

it was an alright movie but i think the first one was way better

and cliffhanger movies should all be banned

the cgi was kind of cool at times but mainly was really bad looking and over the top for no reason.

17. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

see, i go to movies like this because i expect it to be fat full with special effects, way too long action sequences, corny jokes, and all that. i have to admit i kind of like that stuff--going to a theatre packed with people and sitting down to watch what i already know was made to be a popcorn flick.
    it pretty much lived up to my expectations. orlando bloom was as droopy and lifeless as ever. at first i thought johnny was over doing it for this film, then i went home and watched the first one--there is very little difference. the voodoo lady creeped me out, but i enjoyed her over-the-top re-telling of the davy jones legend.
    DAVY JONES in my opinion, was the best part of the movie. i adore bill nighy. and there he was, in all his twitcy, sour glory. i ate it up, every time he had a scene. i assume they'll go more into that whole back story about the "cutting out him heart" and whatnot in the next sequel. the cliffhanger ending was probably my second favorite part of the thing. now when i go see the next film, there will be at least three characters that are cool enough to make the movie not suck.

18. Archer

Archer Fourth Year DLP Supporter

For a sequal, PotC: Dead's Man Chest was quite good, but I liked the first one better. The cliffhanger was annoying though...

19. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I heard the third movie will be out by Thanksgiving or Christmas because it was filmed right after Dead Man's chest.

20. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    Half of the thrid film was shot together with Dead Man's Chest. It's supposed to be released along with Harry Potter sometime late next summer after wrapping up the last scenes and editing when it gets warmer.