1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What's your Ava about?

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Marguerida, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Marguerida

Marguerida Second Year

We all have different Ava's.

Is there a reason, why you choose this one?
    What does it show?
    Has it a special meaning for you?

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I grow all my avatars out in the back yard illegally... then when theyre just ripe... i lovingly pick them and spreadthem about the internet for all to enjoy...

.. or I just look for a nice looking AV that doesnt take up too much space and is not horrbily overcrowded by useless junk or blinkie bits...

3. Levi

Levi Sent Back to India

I wish I could tell you what my avatar is about. I picked it up on the net and I liked it very much. Its kinda good, looks like a guy holding some kind of spear or something. I especially liked the blue FG on the black BG and the wings thingy.

If you know what that thing is, please inform me. :D

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Heh. I got this off a "Stop circumcision" website. I just found it hilarious.

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

My avatar represents my personality at times. People wonder when I suddenly start cackling evilly at random intervals in the hallway and look at people with pity filled eyes, shake my head grimly, and go back to my work. Of course, this is all planned amusement for me, not really insanity as quite a few think, thus insanity at its sanest...more insane than not. We all have to be slightly insane to live in this world anyways.

6. Mine reflects my personality, swift, misunderstod(sp?), dark and for some reason I find Dementors to be very amusing.

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

8. Allowaycar

Allowaycar Second Year

My Avatar is just anything that peaks my interest at the moment. I must admit I find Stewie hilarious.

Midknight, where did you get that image. For some reason it reminds me of a creature from D&D...........uh....not that I play D&D or anything. Nope I'm not a geek. I think I'll go lift some weights and drink some beer.

9. Midknight

it is a monster from D&D, Neverwinter Nights the video game to be exact, the Allip. I stumbled on it when I was fooling around with the LETO editor, and changed my character to one of these guys several years ago

I stumbled on it when I was looking for things to make into my new avatar.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20030712a

10. Allowaycar

Allowaycar Second Year

Thought it looked familiar.

If you want to find some good dark-ish pictures, then I suggest you look throught the D&D book "Book of Vile Darkness". Its got some real disturbing stuff in there.

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

wow that a kool pic

ok i got mine from a game called Kingdom Hearts...needless to say i'm hooked....i know its got disney characters in it but what could be bad about a game where micky mouse goes dark or gray or whatever. anyway the guy in my icon is RIKU he and micky go dark together....its a great game really...

12. Antivash

meh... i feel insulted by KH ... they used Lance Bass from that gay bad backdoor boys or nstync or whatever hes from to do the voice of Sephiroth!!..

Though that david dude who played angel actually did a superb job of doing Leon/Squall ... though im iffy on Mandy moore's job on Aerith.. Yuffie wasn't too bad and Sora was pretty good... all in all most of the voice acting is pretty damn good, even cloud, who was some soap opera actor

the game itself.. well... the story could be a bit better but i still havent finished the game so i dun know about the entire story..last time i was playing it i had just arrived at hollow bastion after getting the shit kicked out of me in a way that made a first year dueling voldemort look like a fucking fair fight >_< .. then i got FFx-2 and ocmpletely forgot KH...

but yeah.. the appit... very sinister and evil looking.. would have made a smashing dementor!

13. Midknight

from all the screenshots I saw of KH, it just seemed like Disney took a shit load of its own chars, meshed them with some Square chars, and you had a giant clusterf*ck with tons of chars who had no relation to each other, lol.

14. Antivash

pretty much yeah... thats about the jist of it... only tihng is disney only did part of the story.. square did everything else... though it IS surprisingly good for anything with the disney symbol on it..

15. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

My avatar is a picture of Vecna (Me!)

16. Contempt

Contempt Third Year

My Avatar is a Dark Knight, and I just like the pic too.

17. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

My Avatar is Shara Kerrigan from starcraft brood wars, cause even though it's old she is still one of the most kick ass hybrid's around, plus i think she's kinda hot, in a mutated half Zerg-human kinda way

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hahaha, i used to play starcraft all the time on battle.net. I loved the game! It was kick ass back in the day. Ahhh the memories... :D

19. Midknight

I've never played it, after hearing about millions of ppl hopelessly addicted to the game, I stayed away from it.

I chose to play instead.. ug.. MMORPGs.. from one crack to the other huh

20. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

AHH yes the good old days, but come on it's truly sad that you never tried Starcaft, it's an excelent game, and is one of the best classics around!
    I know we are deviating a from the topic but what is MMORPG?
    I've never heard of it?