1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The First Azkaban Fanfic

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Soulforger, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Soulforger

Soulforger First Year

Were you never curious to know what fic started this trend?

What is the very first Azkaban/Harry fic you remember reading?

If, by any chance, anyone knows what fic really started it all, please tell me.

The first I read was The Phoenix Warrior, but it was so badly written I don't think it had much influence.

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I first read Betrayed by Kateydidn't or something like that. The title I'm sure, but not the author.

3. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

The first fic doesn't necessarily set the trend. RossWrock's fic wasn't the first Indy and kateydidnt's fic wasn't the first Azkaban one either. They were just the ones done best at the time (or in the case of kateydidnt's, my outright favourite Azkaban fic without a shadow of a doubt).

4. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

what was the first few beside his I don't recall

5. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

What I think he meant was that RossWrock brought the genre into the mainstream. There must have been a couple of various Indy!Harry stories out there somewhere, and I think I heard somewhere that RossWrock admitted that some of the ideas in PoT weren't his.

BOT: I also think that the one that brought the sub-genre into the mainstream was kateydidnt's as well. Although, I recently found that I enjoyed that sub-genre about 8 months ago, and I think that the Azkaban!Harry craze was ending then, so I'm not the most informed.

6. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

7. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

The first Azkaban story I read was Betrayed.

8. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

First Azkaban fic I read was Blot's Lord of Caer Azkanban. For anybody that care RossWrock said that he's going to finally finish Power of Time by the end of summer.

9. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

I think it is the same with me.

But thanks for posting those links above, the 3rd one I am reading now and so far it seems pretty good

10. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Someone cares for Power of Time around here o_O . Besides even if POT wasnt the first Indy!Harry around it was what set the plot bunny for Harry's escape. What with the trunk and books with Uber cool glasses (or was it lenses I don't remember) and all.

The first one i remember reading was was one by NightFlight the one with three phoenixes. I was hoping till the end that the author would pair up Harry with the OC that they had introduced. But it ended up being GinSLUT .... :( they always do.

11. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

UPDATE, at the start the 3rd link (Let History Repeat Itself) seems good, but soon gets worse. Harry, Draco and Hermoine (a Gryffindor) become the Trio, Ron and Draco play a friendly game of chess, Slytherins do not mind Mudbloods and several other things. I would not recommend it

12. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Yeah...

Duke? For some strange reason I'm getting the vibe that that post is not supposed to be in this thread...

13. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    He's talking about the third link in the one madeye posted. Somewhat related to this topic, but shouldn't really be here as it doesn't deal with "The First Azkaban Fanfic" as it is a "Dark Harry".

14. Flufflet

Flufflet Backtraced

"Redemption" by Krtshadow. You lovers of Independent, Dumbledore-Bashing Harry would probably love it.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The first Azkaban story I read is no longer around. I think the author got kicked from the site because it had graphic smut. Meh...

16. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

For me, it was either Lord of Caer Azkaban(or something like that) or Earl of the North. Cant remember which I read first.

17. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Earl of the North ain't exactly Azkaban, but meh. Close enough. First one I read was Caer Azkaban as well. At least, of what I can remember...

18. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Dunno the name of it but the first one i read had Voldemort attack Hogwarts, Harry joined his side after he threatened to kill his friends, he betrays him and Voldemort posses him but doesn't have very much control at first,he super powerful, escapes Azkaban, destroys dementors, can cast powerful magic wandlessly, he's a proffesor in disguise as Henry Patterson. much more but it was what turned me on to Azkaban!Harry.