1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Final-Fantasy-VII-Unofficial-Novelization By M. J. Gallagher [WIP/Hiatus?]

Discussion in 'Games' started by Scott, May 9, 2015.

1. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Title: Final-Fantasy-VII-Unofficial-Novelization
    Author: M. J. Gallagher
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Fantasy
    Fandom: FFVII
    Pairings: None so far hints of Cloud/Tifa & Cloud/Areis, cannon pretty much.
    Summary: The very canon large-scale novelized version of Final Fantasy VII first posted on ACF. Includes the other titles of the compilation as well as unused and early material. Main story content property of Square-Enix. Updates on front page. Visit my popular fan page on Facebook at /finalfantasyviiunofficialnovelisation
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5231121/2/

Like the title of the story it's a Novelization of FFVII. I just recently read it and it's pretty good and a decent length so far (over 200k words) Characterization is also really good. Clouds characterization is good for his problems I won't say because of spoilers it's believable and well done.

I would say more but I'm on my iPhone since I don't have a computer anymore and it's hard writing reviews and recommending stories.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

It's pointless. Maybe someone can make me understand differently, but what is the point of a novelization of a story that is already fair?

If I wanted the story of FF7 again, I would just play the game. I guess this story has the benefit of wielding all the side crap into the story, but I'm not really sure if that is a benefit.

3. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain attention. This entry has only two votes, placing it at 3.5 stars, and one review.

I'll give it another week until next Saturday (June 6). Then I'll move it based on Smile's review above.

4. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Final Fantasy VII Unofficial Novelization has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 57
    Words: 289,385
    Updated: 2020-08-26 22:36:08 UTC
    Published: 2009-07-19 22:55:36 UTC
    Previously updated: about 1 year ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.