PDA

View Full Version : Hogwarts Live: A HP browser based rpg

Vassago
08-05-2006, 09:06 AM
I was surfing around yesterday, and I stumbled across this browser rpg. It's called Hogwarts Live, in it you can create your own character, with which you can start your own Wizarding Adventure, so to say :). You can go and gain experience by hunting in the forbidden forest, challenge hogwarts' teachers to go up in ranks, go into Nocturn Alley to do the Dark nasty.. You get the idea.

Anyway, I've never been good at summaries etc. so just check it out, maybe you'll like it...

http://www.hogwartslive.com/

Taure
08-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I started playing, but I got a bit bored.

Vassago
08-05-2006, 10:11 AM
I've started yesterday, and I haven't been bored yet, but it is only 2 days sofar so can't really judge yet...

But I like it for now.

CGB
08-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I started too and I think it's interesting. At least for now.

KANE
08-05-2006, 11:37 AM
I started it and got bored pretty quickly. I never was one for RPG's or strategy games.

LT2000
08-05-2006, 11:52 AM
I was going to sign up, but I despise MMORPG's. I'm like to be exclusively solitary in my gaming.

The Dark Monarch
08-05-2006, 06:38 PM
I made a profile and it sucked so How can I delete it?

Cypher3au
08-08-2006, 12:37 PM
I wasn't particularly impressed, but I did get some amusement out of making a sneaky, thieving, backstabbing ninja of a Gryffindor.

CGB
08-08-2006, 12:41 PM
I played it until my first Voldemort encounter. After that, you're back being lvl 1 with a few bonuses. I think it's funny for the first days, but I couldn't bring myself to play another round.

Xiph0
08-08-2006, 01:49 PM
This'll be my....5th account? Eh, I'll give it another try, wasn't that bad.

Gah, I got pwnt 'thrill-seeking' >_>.

IndoGhost
08-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Is it worth playing?

Stalicon
08-09-2006, 02:37 AM
I was killed by a freakin turtle! This game kinda sucks, but I'll give it another shot.

Litha Riddle
08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
It gets better once you get to third year, when you can go to Hogsmead and stuff.
It's only the beginning where you have to kill a lot of stuff.

Plus being able to kill Ginslut and the Weasels is funny, aswell as killing Dumbledore every year.
The trick is to join a good clan, who'll give you gold. But if you can't do that then get a loan. Once you kill Voldemort the debt goes away.

Litha

Haunted Warrior
08-09-2006, 07:24 AM
I never joined a clan, and I've got the top wand from Ollivanders and the cloak for invisibilty armour. Lockhart thought he could beat me. The idiot. And how do you move from 1 year t another? I'm still a firstyearboy.

Litha Riddle
08-09-2006, 07:33 AM
You have to move up levels by killing 14 Professors, then defeating Voldemort. You get into the next year after killing Voldemort, then you go through all the professors again.

Also you get resurrection powers when you get to third year, although I'm still in second so not sure how you go about it.

Litha

Haunted Warrior
08-09-2006, 07:37 AM
I think you have to speak to Bellatrix's aid in Knocturn Alley. I know that if you give him money you gain favor. And cheers for telling me how to go up a year, I need to goup to get to other places to find the quarry.

Mercenary
08-10-2006, 03:26 AM
Ima try it any advice on which clan/group whatever, is good/should look out for?

oh and general advice is good too.

The Dark Monarch
08-13-2006, 01:45 AM
I was bored so I started playing it and it turned out o be pretty fun.
I just can't figure out how to get more torment points when I'm out.

Lord Apophis
08-13-2006, 11:02 AM
It is rather amusing exept that I have died 3 times in the past hour :)

Mercenary
08-14-2006, 04:18 AM
I was bored so I started playing it and it turned out o be pretty fun.
I just can't figure out how to get more torment points when I'm out.

Cant get more torments when you run out I think. Just wait an hour or so. You get revived every hour(real time)

Fuegodefuerza
08-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I like it. It's very fun. Of course, Litha has killed me about 7 times so far, so I'm kind of resentful for that, but...meh. I've got 3 accounts going, and two of them suck, so I'm pretty much wasting my life on this thing. But, it's fun, and I enjoy it, so if you're ever bored, then check this out.

Jheph
08-14-2006, 05:18 PM
How sad… I suck and constantly die, but I can't stop playing.

SushiZ
08-15-2006, 12:35 AM
I will give it a try. Sounds good.
I tried it and its alright a bit borin though.

Haunted Warrior
08-15-2006, 06:23 AM
If you want to kill me on it, search for a HauntingWarrior. It's my best account, with top armour and wand.

How sadů I suck and constantly die, but I can't stop playing.

I made a fereind on it. So when I die early on I just get her to revive me! It's brilliant.

Xantam
08-15-2006, 08:12 PM
I am playing as Xantam. So look me up. Also could someone please answer this riddle for the game? Here it goes.

I am not really more than holes tied to more holes; I'm stong as good steel, but not as stiff as a pole.

Fuegodefuerza
08-15-2006, 08:51 PM
I am not really more than holes tied to more holes; I'm stong as good steel, but not as stiff as a pole.

Google it.

Anyways, does anybody know how you can tell innocent souls from evil ones if you're a member of the Dark Slayers Guild? It's pretty frustrating, killing all these furry little creatures, only to find out that you can't keep their souls and trade them for cool attributes and stuff.

Khorne
08-15-2006, 09:26 PM

I believe the answer would be chain, as each link is but a hole, and it is tied to another one, it is often made of steel, but obviously rather bendy and not as good as a pole.

Duke of Rothwood
08-15-2006, 11:40 PM
If you thought of that on your own, well done, I had no idea what to say for that.

Also, does anyone know how much experience you need to buy a flat?
I am level 9 and had more than enough money and gems to buy the entire registry but it still would not let me in. Anyone know why?

By the way, my name on that site is ImperatorAtrum

The Dark Monarch
08-16-2006, 12:13 AM
I just applied for membership to the DLP guild.

Also, how do you gain interest with the goblins.

EMERGENCY!!!!!: Whenever I log back on to my account I have zero gold whereas I could deposit 6000 gold and log off and its not there when I log on. But I still keep my gems.

Mercenary
08-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Report it as a bug. Im pretty sure thats not supposed to happen

Xantam
08-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Check your messages your probably getting killed.

Haunted Warrior
08-16-2006, 03:15 PM
To gain interest you ahve to work. Kill, work in the quarry/lumberyard and the goblins will give interest.

And DLP have a guild? I may as well join up.

I'm HauntingWarrior on it. 19 members is pretty good

The Dark Monarch
08-16-2006, 09:38 PM
what I meant in my earlier post was that I could deposit 6000 gold into my grigots account and log off then log back on and have nothing.

I have five hundred favor and would like to know what seeking a blessing does.

Litha Riddle
08-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Of course, Litha has killed me about 7 times so far, so I'm kind of resentful for that, but...meh. I've got 3 accounts going, and two of them suck, so I'm pretty much wasting my life on this thing.

Rofl.

I'm sorry but if you gave me your name, I'd avoid killing you.
Also If others would add me to your friends list, I will avoid killing you too.

It's just that to gain Horcruxes you have to kill other players, and first years are the easiest. So if you want to avoid death look me up. Also we have a DLP clan so if you die you can get resurrected, but that can't be done if we don't know who you are.

Litha

Fuegodefuerza
08-17-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry but if you gave me your name, I'd avoid killing you.
Also If others would add me to your friends list, I will avoid killing you too.

It's just that to gain Horcruxes you have to kill other players, and first years are the easiest. So if you want to avoid death look me up. Also we have a DLP clan so if you die you can get resurrected, but that can't be done if we don't know who you are.

Don't worry about it, Litha. Anyways, I got way too frustrated with this game, its part of the inner competitor in me, so...toodles!

Mech Angel.V.2.
08-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Im a member now too. A slytherin named Rakhesh Lionheart

SSC
08-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Heh, this game is actually pretty fun! :D I joined as a Slytherin (SarahSCyclopine).

madeyemoody
08-20-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm MrCrowley and I'd like to join the DLP order

Kai Shek
08-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Its definitly a good game if bored...Im playing as Jaded(Hufflepuff) and would love to join the DLP clan.

The Dark Monarch
08-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Do you get a notice that you've been accepted into the guild or not?

Xantam
08-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't believe I did.

Duke of Rothwood
08-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Alright I (ConArtist ImperatorAtrum) have just applied for membership to the DLP group

Also Litha, how do you create horcruxes and what do they do in the game?

I also seem to have the problem that I cannot attack other players,. When I first joined I turned that option off until I got stronger, but now it will not let me switch it back so I can attack people.

Xantam
08-21-2006, 05:07 PM
I believe you have to wait until your next Voldemort Encounter.

Duke of Rothwood
08-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Oh yes, I see that now, thanks

Litha Riddle
08-21-2006, 08:00 PM
To make horcruxes you have to kill 45 other players in a row, after that just one will restore any lost horcrux.

Horcruxes are useful for layers of evil alignment, they keep you from being dead. They're basically a good way to resurrect yourself.

Litha

Duke of Rothwood
08-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Ok, but how do you use them to resurrect yourself?

Also, thanks for resurrecting me, but I have to ask, how did you do that?
I added you to my friends list but I see no button that would allow me to resurrect you

Litha Riddle
08-22-2006, 02:03 AM
You're welcome.

To resurrect someone you have to go to hogsmeade, then go to the shrieking shack. Click on the waterfall option, then resurrect.

You need 10 gems to resurrect someone.

As for horcruxes they automatically resurrect you, you don't have to do anything.

Litha

madeyemoody
08-22-2006, 05:10 PM
How do you get to hogsmeade? I'm level 11 and I still can't figure it out

Xantam
08-22-2006, 06:35 PM
You have to be a third year.

Litha Riddle
08-22-2006, 07:42 PM
To get to third year you have to kill Voldemort 2 times, there are 15 levels each year.

In the 15th level you increase your exerience then kill Voldemort, this is called a VE (Voldemort encounter).

Then you go up another year.

Litha

Duke of Rothwood
08-22-2006, 10:06 PM
I just had my first encounter with Voldemort, and I got pretty annoyed that once you beat him you are back at square one. No extra hitpoints, you don't keep you armor and weapons etc.
Why did I even bother to get the best stuff if I loose it only a while later?
Eventually do you get to keep your stuff after beating Voldemort?

Litha Riddle
08-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Even though you're back to level one, your hitpoints are multiplied by your VE's. The more VE's you have under your belt, the stronger your hitpoints.

As for your weapons and armour, that's where being in a clan becomes important.

The reward you get for beating Voldemort you should spend on the best you can get. Which usually means going to the Industrial market in Diagon Alley.

You always get stripped of your weapons after VE, but if you keep adding 30000 to the clan vault you'll get it back.

Litha

Xantam
08-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Are the weapons you get at different years any better than your basic wand of the whomping willow? They all cost the same.

Kai Shek
08-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't believe so. They each give you the same attack power(15.) I guess that they are there to give you a change from being a first year.

Duke of Rothwood
08-26-2006, 04:53 PM
For some reason every now and then my character will revert to having 15 hitpoints even if I am lv 7. This is not just the hitpoints that I have, I mean the max hitpoints, annoyingly this seems to happen just as I enter the forbidden forest, has this happened to anyone else?

Also Litha, you said you needed to kill 45 players to create a horcrux, it is actually 5 people

Litha Riddle
08-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Actually to get the max amount of horcruxes you need to kill 45, thus making it easier to keep all of them.

Litha

Duke of Rothwood
08-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Oh thats what you meant, alrighty then

mcatrage
08-30-2006, 10:29 PM
i applied as Zenga

just started

Mech Angel.V.2.
09-01-2006, 04:27 PM
I like this game, but i cant ever outwit that dang gnome! Can anyone answer this:

I am as round as a bowl and deep as a cup, yet all the worlds oceans cant fill me up.

Fuegodefuerza
09-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I am as round as a bowl and deep as a cup, yet all the worlds oceans cant fill me up.

It's a sieve. But, for future reference, just open a new window and google it. Works every time...

Mech Angel.V.2.
09-02-2006, 01:18 PM
It's a sieve. But, for future reference, just open a new window and google it. Works every time...

Thanks.

Im a third year and part of HHS. I have a question though : Whats with the firstyears with huge hitpoints? Oh, and I heard that they were gonna reset and update. Is that true?

Midknight
09-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Thanks.

Im a third year and part of HHS. I have a question though : Whats with the firstyears with huge hitpoints? Oh, and I heard that they were gonna reset and update. Is that true?

Yeah I dont get that either. I learned early on not to look at level to judge, but I've gotten my ass handed to be by Firstyears that are lvl 1, with 1K+ hitpoints.

hell I think I had 10 hitpoints at first year/lvl 1

Duke of Rothwood
09-03-2006, 02:35 AM
Yeah I know that I only had 10 hitpoints when I was a lv1 first year.

However my game seems to have a glitch because at random times (ie lv 7, second year), I will suddenly have only 10 hitpoints again

Haunted Warrior
09-03-2006, 06:03 AM
If I were you, i'd petition. That way the mods of the game will know that it's annoying.

Duke of Rothwood
09-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Alright, I'll try contacting a mod to let them know about it