1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

GoF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I just watched the GoF trailer (US version) on Movies.com. I have to say, it looks awesome. The cinematics in the trailer (the international one is a bit bland in my opinion...) was wonderful. I think that this movie actually has some potential to be a somewhere near a good movie. And the Hungrian Horntail was done much better than Remus.

2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

When you are at the bottom, it can only get better.

But the trailers look good. Only time will tell what the outcome will be.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yup, I saw the trailer a while ago, and I was pleasantly shocked when I was actually looking forward to seeing that movie. The merpeople actually look good, so does the dragon. But I always though Madame Maxime to be tall and fat, not tall and skinny.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

aye I've seen it forever ago, and as I said in the other thread, you can tell they spent a lot of money on the CGI for the tasks. its the rest of the movie that looks weak, and the shitty casting that'll destory it.

Remus in PoA.. ug. He should of looked like the Lycans from Underworld

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Was it just me, or did Remus look like a used car salesman? I mean, the thin, greasy hair, and the thin mustache...that's just not how I imagined him.

6. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

*snicker* well, agree on the salesman 'look';
    GOF- well, we'll see. There's a possibility that it's better to watch the trailer than the movie. Personally, I was disappointed with Rita Skeeter and Moody.

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

I saw a picture of Moody somewhere, and I agree, he's way to fat to be a grizzled auror. And that eye just looks ridiculous. Haven't seen Skeeter yet though.

8. realmess

9. Midknight

10. realmess

yeah, but Krum- neh, he's just naturally 'mature' looking *snickers*
    love his hat, :twisted:

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

harry potter is one book i dont like watching the movie for... i donno why but it does not work for me...i like the soundtrack though

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Oh, ew, that actor that plays Skeeter is friggin ugly. I'm guessing the lard ass is Bagman?

13. realmess

neh, that's the director Mike Newell.
    yeah, this Skeeter's scary in an unpleasant way. I say they shoul have recycled her before giving her the role :twisted:

14. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

hey the trailor may be good but i mean who hasnt seen a trailer that made you see a shitty movie?

I know i have.

So that trailer may very well be the best thing about the movie.

hey Krum looks like a pimp in that pic.

That alone is enough for me to see the movie.

15. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I prefer the ones from Van Helsing, even if they were the only good thing about that movie. The ww's in Underworld were kinda lame, IMO. I was rooting for the vamps the whole time.

Krum does look too old, IMO, but maybe since he's supposed to be the oldest, but not brightest (probably got held back early in his schooling) maybe they were going for the college age jock look.

I actually like Skeeter, if you've seen any out of costume images, you'll see that she isn't that bad looking, making for some fanfiction potential, if you know what I mean.

Moody... looks like a gimp.

16. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

have any of you scene the new previerw? I don't know if this is the one you were all refering to but theres a new one out on moviefone.com.
    I found the movie preview amazing. I know many of you will disagree but it looked very well done. The floo talk, while completely different then how i imagined it, it was pretty cool. The way the second task was done was neat, with the stages coming from the water. I overall, was pretty pleased.

17. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
  18. Midknight

I found it funny as hell for Hagrid to play Air traffic controller then being run down by the Beaubaxton's horses. And on a side note why is it that for the most part the wizards in the HP universe are a buncha pusses, yet they can do higher-then-gandalf magic like making a giant boat appear thousands of miles away from Durmstrang in the middle of a lake?

I STILL cannot stand Gambon as Dumbledore, he has zero character in that role, he just looks like some random old guy with a weird hat on.

The french school girls almost all look hotter then Fleur, and the bit with the butterflys is retarded. harry spitting his juice out all over himself is perfect scene to accompany how horrid that is. Too bad he fucks it up by trying not to laugh and it clearly shows. It looks like it's not supposed to go there, so maybe just bad splicing by the trailer jockey

The dancing lessons made me want to gag. Cho doesn't look so horrible when you see her outside of a movie clip, but she still doesn't look like this popular girl Harry would pine away for all year and next.

And also... good lord Ron looks pathetic, get that boy a goddamned tan, or give him a stake through the heart, he looks like death.

Good lord the french school marm is ugly. At least Hagrid looks like a mighty half giant... she looks like a might half giant crossdresser.

They overdo the Patils indian background to the extreme, I may of missed something but I don't remember then being descibed as wearing indian style robes with jewels in the center of their heads. I though the dot thing was only for widows?

Gotta love how everytime they changes directors they change the castle. The quidditch pitch that the kids spend time at all through the series, suddenly is on top of a rockey hill, a half a mile to a mile away from the castle. Its not something you'd be able to look out the window and watch a game from.

The bit with krum's moving picture on the hold up cards is sweet.

Moody looks WORSE then the image i'd previously mentioned. He looks like a torture victim someone thought it'd be funny to make look as pathetic as possible, and wheres the huge chunk missing from his nose? Make the actor loose 50 lbs and fiz the damned eye and it might not of been so bad. CGI the damned thing so it looks like a real eye, instead of this fishbowl + a marble bullsh*t.

The trials, as I've said before, you can tell they spent the dough on CGI for and look great.

The firetalking with Sirius.... ug. Make it so you see their head appear this fireform shit is stupid.

Bah they still haven't fixed how retarded wormtail looks.

Hey they did actually include the muggle spot at the world cup, suprising

What the HELL is with the backflip out of the water during the trial?!?!?

Aw Harry and Hermaphrodie hugging. They're not getting together in canon I wish the directors would knock that crap off.

Pensieve looks exactly like I thought, well done

Wow voldemort looks worse sitting there then he does in the pic I link... he looks like a withered old depsressed mummy.

They butchered PoA, and they've screwed up a good buncha of GoF it seems, but at least the only part of the book that was worth anything anyway, the trials, seems to be what it should be

19. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

wow... just... wow... words cant express how horrid this is....

20. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

No, the dot is worn by most women in India. My mother wears it most of the time. But yeah, the book didn't say that they were wearing robes that looked like sari's.

And yeah, what was up with Sirius's head in the fireplace? That was just fucked up. The book clearly describes it as an actual human head in a fireplace.

As I said before, I think the merpeople look good.

And I don't think Dumbledore would yell, "Harry Potter!" out like that, like he was incredibly angry at Harry.

And I'm guessing that red strand at the end of Harry's wand was the Priori Incatatem, but I always thought it to be golden?