1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Two Shall Be As One by Corwalch - SG1 - G

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Zevrillion, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Title: Two Shall Be As One
    Athor: Corwalch
    Genre: Drama
    Crossover: Stargate SG1
    Rating: GV
    Chapters: 14
    Words: 136,449
    Updated: February 16, 2011
    Published: June 5, 2006

Summary: HP/Stargate XOver. What if there was more than one prophecy out there concerning Harry Potter, only no one knew about the other except the person who made it. Merlin had propheised "When two shall be joined as one their battles will shake the Heavens and the Earth and those in power shall be undone."
    Link: http://www.hpfandom.net/eff/viewstory.php?sid=10596&i=1

If you like Corwalch other stories you will like this one too. Quite interesting so far. 2 chapters and 27k. 4/5

Checked by Minion, January 1, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
  2. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Personally I really enjoyed it. Daniel's character is very interesting. 4/5

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Excellent thus far, Corwalch does great SG-1 crossovers. 4.5/5

4. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Its a very good fic. Corwalch has written some excellent fics as can be seen on his home page.

The only problem I have with this is the update rate. It took him about 2 months to add chapter two to this story... and I'm still waiting for an update to Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Wizards.

Other than that his stories are awesome.

5/5

I vote for the library on this one.

5. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

It's an original plot idea. I've never seen something like this before. 4/5.

6. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

My vote: 5/5. I don't mind waiting on updates, if the story is good. And this story is good. Bookmarked. :)

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Am I the only one that didnt like this? Seriously, the way Harry kept whining over Daniel being in his body was grating on my nerves. But okay, at least thats understandable.

But now we have Harry, aged 13-14, and pretty much a god. If he doesnt actively kickarse in the next few chapters and just sits around doing school work, I'm not going to be happy.

I like it much more when Harry ends up in space than it being heavily based around the wizarding world. I guess I find it more interesting since there is a lot more of it.

I'll still keep watching this, though.

8. M. Shadow

M. Shadow Guest

I really don't see where you get the impression that Harry is now a god - picked up some skills, yes, but god? Not so far.

And I'd like to see how you would react to suddenly sharing your body with another person. Especially if you'd had bad experiences with possessed people (Quirrel, Ginny) before.

Overall, I really liked it; although the downside is that it has only two chapters currently posted. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

Rating: 4/5

9. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

It is an original take on an older plot idea. Usually they have a gould somehow get into Harry, Voldemort, previously unknown wizard. Another take is that they will Have Harry or someone else in the series, usually Remus having Daniel or Jack being related to them.
    An assended fusing with with Harry is more original. This also hints like it will be going into space sometime later, which extends the story and adds more Star Gate qualities to it. A manipulating Dumbledore is sometimes good if written well, But I have not seen one that cooperated with the Ministry at these extents.

4/5

10. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Updated. Does anybody think that having Harry/daniel pop up at sgc asking for a new guardian is ripe for comics moments and one liners?

11. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

I have to admit that at first the idea behind this fic made me want to bash my head into a wall. The whole "Daniel is Harry" thing has been so used and abused that it makes angels cry. However, as I'm always in the market for a new HP/SG-1 crossover I gave it a shot anyway, and now I'm glad I did.

The concept is original and skirts safely around the usual "Daniel is Harry" gag-fest issues. There's no "poor me I'm running away from the world" sob story and no angsty "oh how do I tell my fellow SG-1 members about magic?" crap. Bonus points to the author for that. Sadly, we still have to deal with emo!harry, but Daniel makes up for it by hurling flaming energy at things. What can I say...I'm easily amused by over-powered antics.

So far I like the way the storyline is going. The fact that the story starts in year 3 is nice and also opens several plot-options to the author that I think would work well with the story so far. I hope to see another update soon.

12. chelanxar

chelanxar Squib

Anybody know where else it's being kept? The link doesn't work anymore.

Thanks.

13. carl

carl Seventh Year

14. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Updated. a few small twist in a filler chapter.

15. Alayna

Alayna Second Year

Thanks for telling as I don't get an alert for this one.

Sadly it is really only a filler. I mean, I can read the third book myself. Admittedly, the comments Daniel makes are insightful, but still, I hope the story will separate from canon sooner rather than later...

16. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I like it, it was a nice twist about the origins of the Dementors and also the fact that if Harry/Daniel use to much power so does Harry pass out, it prevents Harry from running around using all of Daniels powers constantly.

17. Alayna

Alayna Second Year

True, this twist is not that bad. But it seems that this will not stay this way as Merlin wants to go and teach them...

And Daniel just used his powers with not that much incentive as with the dementors, it could be that the ancients won't be amused...

18. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Updated, with lots of option to break off from the cannon path, I wonder what will happen next.... and how long I will have to wait to find out.

It is a shame that the writer doesn't update more often but what can one do?

19. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Updated, funny chapter in a nothing happening kind of way.

I hope things move along next chapter.

Time will tell