1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Blessed by Erised Burning - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Amerision, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Title: Blessed
    Author: Erised Burning
    Rating: M
    Pairing: Unknown, but not slash, H/G, or Fem!Voldemort
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Horror
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 70,600
    Updated: September 2, 2006
    Published: August 27, 2006

Summary: A story about Harry growing up and killing things.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3127161/1/

Review: It's written in a very casual way and isn't much for realism, avoiding cliches, and delivering astounding detail.

However, it is still very entertaining (to me at least).

Featuring an IDon'tGiveAFuck!Harry who kicks major ass and manages to become half a retarded elf, it is...unusual.

With no emo bitching, no fluff, no bullshit, the story reads like an action movie.

NOTE: FFNet will give you shit with this story and make Chp 3 Chapter one. Refresh about a thousand times and it'll fix itself.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 19, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
  2. liath

liath Seventh Year

Hmm. This is a FWG Contest Entry, I believe, and will soon have its own thread in the FWG sub-Forum.

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Pretty awesome story. A new chapter was posted today and it's excellent, though you have to wonder what happened to Stan. I also liked how Voldemort and Harry worked together in the end of the newest chapter.

Be warned, FF.Net is being weird, so be sure to check the chapter number at the top before reading each chapter as it seems to be shuffling them around (probably a database desync).

4. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
  5. Lord Ravenclaw

You can do that or reload a few times.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Great fic, loved the casual way everything was done. Unfortunately I fell into the trap and read chapter 4 as chapter 2. Stupid old me didn't realise until I finished the damn chapter. I even caught myself thinking 'when the fuck did he get Dobby in his head?

I hate being airheaded sometimes.

7. Lord Ravenclaw

Two more chapters today, and both made me cackle, especially with Harry's destruction spree. It gets better and better. Finally a decent story of this type. I love how he just doesn't care if people die. 5/5 from me.

8. Xenon

Xenon Professor

This story... is so brilliant! It has all the combat, blood, gore, and generaly dark and icky things that go bump in the night that we all love. But on top of it, we get to see the deranged minds of the charecters, and the authors witty humor coming at you when you least expect it(the running 'x eventualy...' joke is wonderfull!) Most recomended. 5/5.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  9. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

Sociopaths and insanity are here in spades. Prodigious.

10. liath

liath Seventh Year

Odd. I just can't get myself into it. I tried to read it twice now, and both times couldn't really help but give up.

It's just... too non-canonish, I think. From what I've gleaned from glancing through it, the fic just seems too bizarre.

~liath

11. CGB

CGB Auror

Wow. This story is great! This is a kind of Harry, I really like. Maybe not as good in a long story with a big plot, but it works great in this one. There're loads of action and slaughter scenes and it has some very funny moments. The only downside for me is the evil!Hermione, but it deserves 5/5 stars nevertheless.

12. Quill Runner

Quill Runner First Year

I'm going to assume that, because this thread's still kicking around, the Powers That Be are cool with me participating in this discussion.

A couple of things regarding my thought processes when I wrote this:

1. I, like many others here, have read a billion and one HP fanfics and now suffer from CFS (Canon Fatigue Syndrome). The most amazing canon-driven fic could show up tomorrow, and it would probably bore me to tears. As such, I can't really write Harry in Rowling's wizarding world, because it tends to suffocate me.

2. This fic was meant to swim against the current of whiny Harrys that plague ff.net. I swear, you'd think that half the writers out there are Molly Weasley clones, the way Harry pulls a hosepipe-Cho every three pages. Mostly, I just find that kind of writing tedious to read. The second Harry has a nightmare, I click the back button.

I'm glad that the kind of fic that flows from these sensibilities is the kind of fic you guys like.

OK, one question to CGB. I've always felt that, given Hermione's knowledge obsession, she is uniquely suited to falling into the dark arts. What do you have against an evil-Hermione?

QR

13. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I love Evil!Hermione actually, it gives her a new aspect that makes me want to write her.

That alone is what gave the extra star in this story for me.

14. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

fucked up best describes this story.

15. Lord_Slytherin

Lord_Slytherin Third Year

+1

Harry gets grievously mutilated far too often. Very well written with some good ideas - the living horocrux assassins, the hot Harry/Nagani sex er fight scene, etc. But just a bit to fucked up and OC for me to get into.

3/5

16. Jadedmagus

Jadedmagus Squib

It is definitely OC by the third chapter, but I found it great none the less. A 'horocurx hunt' indeed, only it is the horocurxes doing the hunting!

I also liked the dark Hermione, even if she was utterly out of her depth, at the very least I think she was more interesting than the usual Herman.

Lastly I liked how by the end Harry's penchant for breaking the will of his enemies, just like Voldermort except using psyhcological means instead of visceral ones.

17. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I gave my review of this above in the contest section. Its superb.

4.5/5 (Just for being a little too far out there at times, and Voldemort unleashing all of his horcruxes which seems rash to me.)

18. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Quill runner is this gonna be Harry/Hermione? Please say no.

19. Quill Runner

Quill Runner First Year

Oh yeah, this is totally a Harry/Hermione fic.

I just adore that pairing because I think they're so great for each other. Harry needs a good, strong woman in his life to keep him on track, make sure he's doing his homework, taking out the garbage, performing cunnilingus. And as far as I'm concerned, Hermione is that special, bushy haired someone who's going to give him the inspiration, direction, cherry and good old fashioned love that's going to make him the wizard we all want him to be.

I'm sorry if you can't get on board with this pairing. I understand. You're probably still holding out for H/G, which is totally acceptable. There's nothing wrong with that. Really.

Fuck.

QR

20. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Woah, that hurts. Ask a simple question and get call a H/G shipper.