1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Shadow of the Blood Moon by fullsailnate - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by nonjon, Sep 7, 2006.

1. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Title: Shadow of the Blood Moon
    Author: fullsailnate
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
    Pairing: Most likely H/Hr
    Suggested category: "The Alternate's"
    Chapters: 3
    Words: 13,368
    Updated: August 28, 2006
    Published: August 12, 2006

Summary: Harry is taken from his house the night after Dumbledore leaves him there. He grows up to be something that neither side could have predicted.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3100761/1/

Only 3 chapters and 13,000 words so far, so not a whole lot here yet. But I've always liked everything else this author has put out (Draconus, The Fourth Power, Powerful Beyond Belief), and despite being a bit of a Hermione fanboy, he makes some pretty nifty super-Harry stories.

This latest one, Harry's a lightning child. Kidnapped by Vampires and now he's 18 or 19 and he's the leader of the most elite cadre of Vampire Assassins. He's not a Vampire, but he's a bit different. Kinda like Vamps feed off blood, he feeds off magic. As a baby, ate the killing curse thing, survived and became 'lightning child' much younger than he should have. Voldemort's kind of a mockery, and Hermione is a Vampire Slayer as well as Order member. Maybe not as much daunting odds here. So far it's got a sort of Goliath versus David feel, if we're rooting for Harry as Goliath. Less then imaginative or inspired names, but still. If you like Fourth Power and Powerful Beyond Belief, I think you can look past things like "Blitz Moonshadow" and enjoy this fic.

Author is an American deployed in Iraq, so his update schedule is unsurprisingly sporadic.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 26, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
  2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

God damn nonjon, I was just about to post this. Surprisingly good for a vampire story, but like the guy's other stories, I don't expect to see this finished in my lifetime...

3. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

really cool story.

very different vampire story than the typical ones. 3 chapters in and it already has good action, just wondering what harry is mainly going to use, physical attacks or start using spells more.

4/5 hope it updates quickly

4. emt10

emt10 First Year

I really like this story. I remember reading Draconus awhile back, and have to say that his writing style has improved from what I remember of that story. I give it about a 4/5.

emt10

5. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

ya this story has a very good start to it and is much different then any other vamp story i have read. the concept of a vampire that feads off magic is a very brilliant idea. as of now ill give it a 5/5

6. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

I somehow doubt Voldemort would give a rat's ass about Cedric Diggory, considering the fact that his rebirth required the "blood of an enemy, forcibly taken."

Other than that, it's a good story with a high wtf-factor. 4/5

Edit:
    New rating as of chapter 3: 2/5
    Wow, this author knows how to fuck up. F+

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  7. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

When I saw "blood moon" I immediately thought of Morrowind. But alas, there's no HP/TES3 crossovers. Yet.

8. Bungler

Bungler Guest

I don't like this story.

Voldemorts way(a very long ''way'') to stupid for me to like this story.

But I'll wait for more chapters, if he doesn't stop making Voldemort into a stupid afraid little shit with a enormous ego and the memory of a goldfish, I'll drop this story.

9. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

Finally a vampire story without draco or slash! I could die of shock! Its almost as rare as het veela stories. I'll rate it after I read it. But I did like the Fourth power so I hope I like this too.

10. CGB

CGB Auror

OK so far. Not great, but not bad either. I need a few more chapters to see how the plot develops. I'll rate it later.

11. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

It off to a great start, however being deployed in Iraq means we might or might not get an update. Ever. But still if he updates, I cant wait. 4.5/5

12. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Good story. Much better than others I've read. Hermione as a slayer was an interesting twist. I need another chapter or two to rate this.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It was okay, I'll give it that. I probably wouldnt have read it if I wasnt so bored and desperate for a story to read.

Slayer!Hermione just isnt something I like very much.