1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Naught But A Whimsy by the quintessence of wyrd - K+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by KeshinNoAkui, Sep 19, 2006.

1. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

Title: Naught But A Whimsy
    Author: the quintessence of wyrd
    Rating: K+
    Genre: General/Romance
    Pairing: Harry/Luna
    Summary: Luna’s still a banana nut muffin. Difference is that Harry’s in the picture. Just a general mess of a HPLL ficcy. But, there you go. Enjoy my meaningless sentimental tinted sludge.
    Link: Here

Odd, but cute story I found. I was rather impressed at how the author characterized Luna, most Harry/Luna stories portray her as some pathetic teenage girl who's starved for attention, so it was a nice fresh breath of air to see her done nicely. It had a few subtle jokes (or what I thought were jokes), which I enjoyed a little, but they mostly added to her character.

2. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    Rather amusing, and the most likely portrayal of Luna I have seen so far. 4/5

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I read this awhile ago. It's a fairly decent oneshot.

4. Vascudo

Vascudo First Year

Read through it,and thought it was pretty average,the writing style was also kinda annoying.

5. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Not a bad fic. Amusing to say the least.

3.5/5

6. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

good story, i decided to check to see if the author had anymore h/l stories but its all draco/luna.

7. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This was alright, I suppose. It's *almost* charming, but not nearly so well done as Tehan's 'Contemplating Clouds.' The Harry/Luna moment is brief and doesn't occur until the very end, and to get there you have to endure Luna's interactions with a host of OC roommates.

3/5

8. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

I enjoy Harry/Luna pairings as it is my favorite romance ship if I had to pick one. At the beginning, we got some of Luna's POV with her roommates who are OC.

We then get the Harry/Luna moment finally. I find this somewhat charming despite what Mike says, though maybe it's just because I just found something that was right with this story. That being said, otherwise, it was pretty much just a decent one-shot. It was amusing, well written enough, so I'll give it a 3/5.

Edit: Not really sure about it being in the library with it just being a rather decent one-shot. Given the 3/5 rating, it would seem rather to fit in the recycle bin then Library.

9. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I am not really sure about this one, the first half of the story, Luna appears to be insane, and I mean medically insane. Hearing teachers and alike saying things like blub blah is not the same as believing in not existing animals. So naturally I thought she was a bit OOC in the beginning.

But he story did get better once they got to the ball, especially her interaction with Harry was quite nice and a lot more realistic then the rest of the story.

Also, am I the only one who had always thought the the mobbing Luna had to endure was more passive? I figured that everyone would call her Loony when addressing to her, ignoring her most of the time and some would steal her things but not outright insults and abuse to her face.

3/5