1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter MMO?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MrMucus, Oct 17, 2006.

1. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

So browsing around on another site I came across this.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/924/page/1/from/

Article is towards the bottom

Not a lot about it, really the article isn't that great but I thought it may stir some interest around here

Just think Lucius Malfoy could be a 40man raid boss! Its also by EA

The catholic church will love this :p

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  2. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

Would never pay for this but it would be pretty cool.

You only hope they have 2 servers and make sure that they keep the kid one monitored so adults don't try and play it, or the other way around.

Would be kind of funny though because I bet being evil would be so much fun just going around killing all the fan girls named draco99999 and so forth.

3. Element

Element Seventh Year

I don't know if the opinion of someone about what EA Mythic may choose to develop next is enough to stir interest here, but yeah, anyway. I doubt any developers would give you a choice to be evil, either; I can't think of any MMOG which tells you, point blank, that you are evil and have no choice. The only 'way' to kill someone would be PvP, and I highly doubt that, were this game to be made, this game, being based on a massively popular (childrens?) book, would have PvP.

The other factor would be the world; other MMOs have huge, fleshed out worlds, with lore and characters and history. Harry Potter, on the other hand. Hogwarts, Beuxbatons, Durmstrang.

Ain't gonna happen, IMO, but feel free to make those words come back and bite me in the ass in a couple of months or years.

4. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

an HP MMO would suck. JKR never really created a huge world... Only Hogwarts, the other schools, Diagon Alley etc... How the heck would we be having fun? Anyway, how would we level up? by sitting in lessons or dodging Filch in corridors? It won't be great... It would be though if a person has the option of going dark and could just kill anybody they like... Once you kill enough then you become a Dark Lord or something...

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

What about a dot.hack like world? You have an area, city, and a cave(Forbidden Forest).

In the cities, you have teleport points, like waypoints in Diablo II.

Eh, it's possible, and I'd certainly play it(As long as it wasn't one of those gay subscription based ones).

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Indeed. It would be good if you could kill other players. Fangirls beware.

7. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

You mean like Apparition Points:D

I would play it, if it were done well. And I didn't have to pay a subscription.

8. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I would play it if it was like UO , the game roxx .. ( not the official servers thrue..)

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Fuckers, me and Syao talked about this ages ago, you wouldn't start as a student, you'd have a KOTOR-like intro, bitches!

10. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

I would play if i didnt have to pay. If it was like Dot hack I would definetly play