1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Feel my Fangs by snufkin - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Oct 22, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Feel my Fangs
    Author: snufkin
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Supernatural
    Rating: T
    Pairings: Various H/Female OC's (background)
    Suggested category: "Independent Harry"
    Summary: Harry has been bitten by a vampire. Unaware of his transformation and driven by blood lust, Harry attacks the Dursleys. Later, Harry causes mayhem in the vampire community. Vampires aren't supposed to have magic, you see.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3083526/1/

Harry is turned into a vampire. But unlike most, he keeps his magic too, making him into sort of a super-powerful anomaly.

This story manages to give us a vampire!Harry with almost no irritating traits these stories usually have. There's absolutely no moralistic crap, angsting, slash or any other fangirl shit here. Instead, we've gotten an extremely fast-paced and fun story, where Harry gets a brain in package with fangs and goes arround, terorising other vampires and wizards alike. In fact, in the haze of funny dialogues and cool action-oriented scenes, you might not even notice some glaring plot-holes and hanging questions left unanswered.

So far, fast pace had hept this story one step ahead from these unpleasant realities. For how long will that be the case, remains to be seen.

4/5

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Couldn't really get into it, it was too fast moving for me. And the dialogues weren't that funny.

2/5

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Not funny exactly... Witty? Relaxed? Non-serious? Cool?

4. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They were non-serious, and wittily out of context to an extent, but that was it.

5. Cthulu

Cthulu Unintelligent Bigot

Great, I like it...
    Harrys not being a little pussy and angsting over it, the storys fast paced and the plotholes aren't all THAT obvious....
    A good read, 4/5

6. HardcoreHobbit

HardcoreHobbit Second Year

I agree with Mordecai. Some of the stuff was interesting, and it's nice to avoid the major angst and all that business. But the story was ridiculously fast. Something like a month in one chapter, and then immedietly finding a vampire lair, and just getting a meeting with the supposed heads just like that. It wasn't bad, but I'm not going to read any further than I did.

2/5

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  7. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

well, its allright. fast paced is good, but rushed is not. It feels way to fast, and there is absolutely no character development, other than "Harry and Scythe are a lot alike". if your just looking for an entertaining 15 minutes this should be fine, but dont expect greatness. also, i wonder if the author has read this book called "I, Vampire" which is like a memoir of this vampire in modern times, but in this story a whole bunch of famous historical figures were turned in order to maintain their brilliance or evil, ie: mozart and jack the ripper. 3/5

8. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Well it's nice idea, A for effort. But it's terribly written!

There's no flow the grammar is poor at best. It's just ugh, so bad.

Nice plot but I tihnk the author is 11.

Failure 2/5

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

"Oh, I turned you."

This is a pretty bad fic. Deus ex machina, little character development, no sense of time, poor grammar, and no flow to speak of. Better than some of the stuff that's been posted in For Review though.

10. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Eh, stragly enough I liked it.. Don't know why though, all points above are true but I found it fun to read, a nice lighthearted change from all the angsty shit.

4/5

11. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Some people might like it, but I could barely get past the second chapter.

The argument between the vamp council sealed it for me. Too fast paced and Harry a juggernaut from a single bite. He kicks vampire arse all over the place with a fucking reducto. You've got to wonder why Wizards are afraid of them when they could so easily beat up a vamp.

12. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It was entertaining for a short bit, nothing too serious. I got decent enjoyment out of reading it, but I probably won't be looking for updates.

For a serious story, several things are amiss, such as the pace being too fast, Harry being too strong and generally all other negative points that have been mentioned.

Enjoyable, but not good. 3/5 maybe.

13. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I will defend IP and say this: Despite the fic, I enjoyed it.

But other than that, It sucks. Too fast, the author seems to have this false sense that he is a comical genius in my opinion, and poor grammar are only the beginning.

Oh, and Harry Potter the gawdlyke Vampire? Any story that has an insanely powerful Harry generally annoys me, this is exactly the same in my opinion.

Fail. 2.5/5

14. CaptainG

CaptainG Third Year

I loved this, was sitting there pissing myself all the time.

It's just like 'He'd have to blast his way in, but that's okay because this is what HArry does best' I mean what is going on there.

However, it wasn't written particulary, there was next to no description as to where he was or what he was doing, it was just 'Harry Feeds, he annoys some people who are pretty important, he blasts some stuff around, he feeds again.' Not many leaps of imagination here, but a fun, solid read for a time when you are a bit bored.

3/5

15. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    Hmmm...I like it. Fun, lots of death, and action. However, the story is in serious need of fleshing out, and it reads a little odd at times, as though it was forced. So 3/5 from me.

16. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

I thought it was an amusing take on the typical Vamp!Harry, avoiding the usual cliches but still preserving the humor. It needs a little more coherency between chapters on occasion, as they either seem like they should be combined together or were written without any sense of continuity. Nice find, IP. 3/5

17. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Everything sounded far too rushed and stilted for me to find this truly enjoyable, but it's an okay read if you're bored.

3/5

18. Erised

Erised Backtraced

A bit contrived and not very funny, still it was enjoyable, and passed the slowly ebbing time of my wasted life nicely.

But so would snogging a C.H.U.D

19. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

it was an ok read. I really only stuck with it becuase im dieing for some NON-Gay vamp fics.

But its too fast, not only in the pace at which he accomplishes things, but his attitude developement. I think his change to "ima take no shit baddass" should have taken a little while to develope instead of instant.

Also, it makes the vampires look pathetic. Usually people go overboard on powers, this guy went opposite. He singlehandedly tore right threw the town. That shouldnt be possible.

20. Xenon

Xenon Professor

This fic had potential, if it had been "fleshed out" more. Oh, having Harry turn into He-Man Master of the Universe™ with knowledge of the Reducto incantation alone didn't give it bonus points. Overall, I found it to be an enjoyable waste of time, although nothing memorable. I'll give it 2.5/5

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006