1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Saw III

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Amerision, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

"...Hello DLP, I want to play a game..."

I just saw this movie.

First off, it's an intense movie. Unless you're a total sociopath, it'll be powerful. There are some really squicky scenes that'll have you clawing at the armrests.

Second, there are alot of twists and turns, and it's just hard enough to make you feel smart, but easy enough for most people to get. The ending is fantastic.

Third, it has alot of stuff going on, and a ton of backstory to everything. The writers did a fantastic job of creating an immersive movie.

Rating? A - to people who enjoy these kinds of movie. B to those that watch them time to time.

I'd like to see your reactions to it.

:::

It'd be amusing to see Harry Potter to go Jigsaw on all the people in his life...

2. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

For your own safety

SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MANY BAD MEMORIES

Besides that I found the "Saw" movies stupid.

madeyemoody

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  3. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I thought the saw movies were mildly entertaining.

Haven't seen the third but I loved how they did it on Scary Movie 4.

First one was better than the second.

4. VashedWraith

VashedWraith Guest

I went and seen the movie yesterday, aswell. It was excellent! And I noticed how they ordered the movies, if that's the right way to say it. You can't just watch the third and understand every bit of it, nor the rest of them, you have to have all of the peices to complete the puzzle, which is essentially what the movies about.
    It also amazed me about how they didn't bother to hide anything, parts you'd expect them to jerk the camera away on stayed full focus, it was insane.
    In a way, it sort-of made me pity the actors, because all of it looked so real. I don't know if I could have done my job right without being squeamish when it came to that movie, not to give anything away, but every single seen that made you shift in your chair and bite your lip seemed extremely real. It was extremely intense.

5. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

well i downloaded and watched it, mostly cause the other 2 were garbage and i did not want to blow good money. This one was decent, definitely better than the last 2.

I would give it a B at best.

6. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

I can't wait to see this movie I really liked the first two.

I'm normally not a horror fan but I view these movies as you would view the movie Se7en with it being a smart horror movie with clues, plot twists, and a intense ending.

Hopefully this one lives up to the other 2.

7. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

This is not a movie you can just download and enjoy. It's one of those movies that has to be seen in a theater for the greatest effect. Trust me, when you hear all the disgusting sounds in a 7.1 10,000 Watt Theater Grade Sound System, it'll feel a whole lot more intense.

Considering the SAW III torrents are of shitty quality {VCDquality gives the best one a 5.0 for sound and video quality...out of 10} it's understandable that you didn't get the full effect.

8. Jeff

Jeff Third Year

I have liked the Saw movies since I saw the first one. This one was my favorite of them all. It was definitely worth the 10 dollars, or however much if costs where you're located.

I didn't find this one as gruesome as the others, maybe I'm just a bit weird. I did however find this movie more of a mind game than the others, both for those characters in the movie and the audience.

As Amerision stated, lots of twists and turns, but very very enjoyable. (At least to myself)

Overall 9.5 stars out of 10. (But then again I'm a bit biased. I've been hooked since the first one)

Edit: I'm a bit late on the review, seeing as Amerision basically covered it, but I just saw the movie this afternoon. (Eh mines not much of a review but whatever.)

9. se7en

se7en Professor

I thought the movie was alright, quite simmilar to the first two. But what I really loved was the twist at the end. Genius. 8/10

10. Son of the Forsaken

Son of the Forsaken Third Year

I watched both saw 1 and 2 when the came on dvd and I enjoyed though I'm considered somewhat morbid by my own family it's not a surprise for them.

I give them a 9/10 for being well-made and the fact I enjoyed them.

11. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

This one was so fucked up in a funny way.