1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link The Breaking of Bonds by BadVoodoo - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Midknight, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: Harry Potter and The Breaking of Bonds
    Author: BadVoodoo
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Drama
    Pairing: Harry/Padma Harry/Susan
    Summary: AU after OotP. Harry begins dealing with the realities of death and the prophesy. He begins growing up and preparing to meet his destiny. His life becomes complicated when he claims the title of Lord Potter and deals with the complications surrounding
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2512323/1/

Decent lil fic, I like a few things in here. It's not insane good, but it's a nice fic to read if you haven't browsed through it yet.

Checked by Minion, August 18, 2013
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
  2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I've read it, not what I would call great, but worth a read if you've got nothing better to do.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I was reading this but small things started to irk me. A lesbian slapping Harry was one of them. That always happens... so cliche. Just other small things that made me loose interest.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Didn't care much for that part either, but I like Harry/Susan, so I overlooked it =)

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

eh... its pretty ok... ill read it for a while...could e a lot better though...

and it obviously needs hawt lesbian secks or itl just suck :p

6. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Yeah there are little things that annoy me, but I like the pairing.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The pairings cool. I thought it was going to be Padma/Harry at first but that changed quickly. I really hated that bit how Neville and Ginny cornered Padma though. I mean, its none of their business but they just have to stick their noses in for Harry's 'own good'. As if go all "Oh, he's been through so much so blah, blah, blah, if you hurt him i'll kill you, blah, blah, blah..."

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

lol yeah :)

But lets face it... Ginny is really doing the threatening because she is angry that Harry is thinking about bumping uglies with someone besides her. Of course then again bumping uglies with Ginny should be classified as an "unforgiveable sin" for the HPV genital warts she doubtlessly has are an "unforgivable curse" to bestow upon a fellow human being.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Dirty.

Wart of Ginny.

10. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Its good, I thought it was REALLY good when it updated frequently, but then that died off... so did the 'really'.

Take what you can get. For the fanfiction obsessed, anything starts to look good after plowing through several hundred horrid stories not fit for the human eyes. Eventually, you end up tramatizing yourself for settling for one of them, but it quells the addiction.

11. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This is another nicely written "soft-core" Independant!Harry story, that's more interested in human relations and romance, than politics, action and "business" part of the plot ("Scion of Gryffindor" comes to mind)... Not that it's particulary bad, considering that the pairings are definitely under-used in FF.

The biggest problem with this story is that the author seemingly doesn't know what he or she wants - is it independant Harry, or political Harry (+ mariage laws), or confused but sweet romantic Harry, or confident chick magnet Harry, etc... It starts as standard political Independant!Harry, but it's like the author changed mind half way through, gave up on anti-Dumbledore attitude and politics, and had Harry find his one true soul-mate, instead of date around...

I liked the idea of Death Eaters rebelling against Voldemort though - not very realistic, but original nontheless.

12. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Wow this a fic i haven't seen in a ong time i thought that it was a fairly well rounded fic with decent pairings and moderatly well writin charcter interaction. Personally i think it was a bit to soft, some more action here or there and BAM! anyway each to there own ey?

13. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

I really liked the fic until chapter 9.
    I gritted teath and continued on the reading. when it came to Makfoy is the new dark lord cliche I stopped. Now I will read it again.

14. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

hm. I can't remember that much about it except for the fact I thought it was somewhat decent... They still haven't updated? Damn.

15. Kari Black

Kari Black DA Member

Yeah, they seem to be taking their time updating this time. Annoying, but whatever... :|

16. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

Thought this was pretty good and i like the pairings so thats a plus as well, shame it hasnt updated in a while but the author seems to be pretty bad at that anyway

17. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I found it quite good but i have to agree that this author has absolutely no idea where this fic is going, it starts off as cliched indie!harry, goes to mentor!Dumbles, and then goes from Harry starting to date around to Harry finding his 'true love' after that, i just gave up.

18. shlager_5321

shlager_5321 First Year

i think that i is a fairly good story so far - there are tings in it that are cliche, but i think that the overall of the story is quite good and even i found a few otiginal things...
    like the way the writer wrote the part where Malfoy takes over as the new dark lord, in all the story's where there were these kinds of scenes they were alwyas quite lame and always happened becuase Harry supposodly(sp?) told a DE the Moldie is a half-blood - they never came up with the idea on their own.
    one things that bugs me is the updates - does anybody know why is's been so long since the last update?

19. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

it is nearly incredible to find non-cliche fics. there are more than 500 000 fics on hp on the internet. so i just read well-written stories not caring MUCH about whether it is original or cliche.

i don't mean there are no original stories but they are few and hard to find.

i just hope this story will continue but it seems its author abondoned it as there hasn't been an update for weeks.

20. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

Some how I think this is one of those fics that start off good and get abandoned. I mean it's been five months.