1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Back in His Bed And Simply Friends by xxxMs.Mexxx - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by cmuylistoooo, Nov 15, 2006.

1. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

Title: Back in His Bed
    Author: xxxMs.Mexxx
    Rating: M
    Genre: Romance/Angst, seems like drama as well
    Pairing: JP/LE
    Summary: No one controls James Potter, not even Lily Evans. He doesn't
    take demands from anybody and she has no plans to remain his mistress.
    An ultimatum was given and a secret revealed but can they overcome
    their obstacles to at least agree on love?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2843052/1/

Title: Simply Friends
    Author: xxxMs.Mexxx
    Rating: M
    Genre: Romance/Humor, Drama as well
    Pairing: JP/LE
    Summary: How did a simple suggestion blow feelings way out of
    proportion? Now their relationship has taken an undeniable turn & there is no
    way to stop its course. Decisions that're made cant be taken back: Lily
    isn't sure she wants to, James on the other hand...

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2515604/1/

Suggest DLP category:Romance

I am a sucker for well-written JP/LE stories and this author is one of the best in my opinion.Also the lack of the stories for this pairing. Back in His Bed was jsut updated and Simply Friends has been complete for a while. i give them both 4.5/5.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Nice stories, well written romance. I'l give it a 4.5/5 as well. I had a few minor problems, butnothing worth mentioning...an all around entertaining read, and while the perfectness of the characters and their (female) best friends can get a little irritating, it's still a great read.

3. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

I hate James/Lily stories, not only because they're always the same words, used over and over again.

That and my previously mentioned crush on Lily. (See http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=79492&postcount=68)

In any case, to only make a reasonably biased opinion instead of my ultra-neo-biased one, I read the first story's summary, and the second story.

Upon my analysis of the first story's summary, my only comment is: Whaaaaaa? Mistress? For the first time in a human's natural life span am I shocked. Mistress? Wait... remember when they just hated each other (or pretended to) in the first 50 James/Lily stories you haven't read? And now she's his mistress? Now yes, I find the reusing and recycling of the same plot distasteful, but for some odd reason, I found them preferable to this nonsense. Mistress... yeah. I think not.

The second story started off just as badly.
    ‘A date?’ Lily asked sceptically. ‘With who?’ She knew there was no way for him to lie to her directly. Sirius and the others might do a lot of things in that one small group but they would never lie to her. It was what made them such good friends.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Following the skip to the next chapter, Yarrgh!'s comment was wholly accurate.
    ‘How are the infamous Marauders? They doing okay?’ Erin Reeves asked Lily as she sipped her coffee outside their favourite coffee pub in the heart of London.
    Hmm... could Erin's middle name possibly be Mary-Sue? Skipping to the end...
    “That,” she smiled, “and yes.” She said excitedly. “Oh yes James I’ll marry you.” Her arms flew around him, holding her to him tightly. “And I love you too.”
    And as always, a happy ending, but I've already used my "Awww..." quota for the post.

Glance at the author's profile. Hardcore fangirl-ism at it's shippiest. Plus the faved Harry/Ginny ship is oh, so appealing. So if you like this ship, it's a bit different, but to me, needless to say I've tried to tear apart these stories like a fat man with a bag of chips.

0 / 5 -> Personal opinion.
    4 / 5 -> For the fans.