1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

All Hallow's Eve: Yea or Nay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mournthewicked, Oct 19, 2005.

?

All Hallow's Eve: Yea or Nay?

1. Yea!

99.4%
  2. Nay!

0.6%
  1. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

I was just wondering how many of you enjoy All Hallow's Eve. Is it one of your favourite holidays?

Since it's coming up soon, I decided I must make a thread for it, because I love All Hallow's Eve. There are so many reasons why I love it, and the month October, that I couldn't possibly fit all of them on here.

So, if you love All Hallow's Eve, what are you doing for it? Are you actually dressing up in a costume? Are you going somewhere?

Myself, I am dressing up as Jack the Ripper and I'm hitting some parties.

2. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

I love Halloween. Its called "free candy". But this year, I have finally decided that I am too old to be trick-or-treating. I'm just going to stay home and eat all the candy meant for the little 5-year-olds. I might be going to a Halloween party. Not sure though, and I've never been to one. No one likes me in the REAL world. I'm the great perfectini! Perfect people are horrible. Bleh. I is EVIL, EVIL I SAY! :angel:

Sorry, lack of sanity there. It seems to be happening a lot lately. I think you guys are corrupting the tiny bit of sanity I have left.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

<_< i quit halloween when the ablility to eat candy efore it hit the ottomw of the back ended....too many idiots now... ill just go to some party maybe... get REALLY pissed and see if i cant find some random chick to shag and never call...

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

between 13 and 17 I loved the parties, where you could dress up, find some hot chick and party with her without knowing names, was the only way you'd get alcohol that young, from the spiked drinks.

Now? It means damned 60$+ on overpriced costumes for my kids and me being pissed off at all the cheap candy, or lack of ppl doing it when you have to walk everywhere to go door to door.

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I like it, but I'll end up probably staying at home and just hanging out on the internet...I don't "trick-or-treat" nor do I want to go to the (admittedly few) parties because most of the people there are morons.

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i haven't trick or treated since i was 12...i just like to scare kids..

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I'll be settling into my new house... i'll probably go to a party or clubbing if they are open.

8. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

i used to gang up with my selected friends and do all kinds of crazy stuff, but not anymore. I'm in freaking Jersey, and my best friends are scattered all over. Maybe will go to a club, but it's no big deal.
    Besides, I don't care about October- I love November!!! [it's my birthday - *starts mumbling that song*] :twisted: yeah, when November comes I'm gonna party :twisted:

9. HashBrowns

HashBrowns First Year

I'm just gonna head to a party, get wasted and find some random chick to hook up with.

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

foamy has a good question...where the hell are the good scary movies??

12. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

The same place that any good movie is at, dead and buried waited for some fuckhead of a director to do a lousy resurrection because screenwriters have been replaced by a thousand monkeys randomly pounding on typewriters who come up only with cybersex dialogue that is sold to pedophiles and other freaks on the web.

13. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

Definately taking the brother out trick-or-treating. While I'm pretty old to be doing it myself, I have fun running with the little kids, and it means I get to dress up as my (arguably) favorite character, Hagrid (being 6'5" and all).

14. Antivash

....i appluad lord foamy for his great insight... now we just need to string a few of these idiots ruining halloween...

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I wish a good scary movie would come out.

16. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

personally don't care for horror movies [good action one would do], but the part about costumes was funny. :twisted: hmm, actually might even try to say that... :twisted: neh, I won't

- you might try to impersonate Snape- much better than Hagrid [at least for Halloween]

17. Hobbes

Hobbes First Year

I love halloween, I'll probably caught upsoemshirts and buy soem fabric and cut up that into strand and makea shirt and pants, I'm going as a RAG. I'll rpobably go to a party at a friends, and if not that go mess some preoperties up,.

QUESTION: Why do kids not going trick or treating any more.

When i was a kid everyone did it, now like a third do it, if that.
    Same thing with sleding nobody sleds when it snows.
    Whats with kids these days?

18. Antivash

idiots sticking poisons and neeldes and shit in the candies... and idiot parents going apeshit over little things... i swam in sewage for fuck sake... needles and poisons arent gonna do shit ot me...

19. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

i'm going to one of those scarefest things where people chase you with chainsaws and the like, i'm gonna be a vampire...buying some Scarecrow Fangs...damn those things are cool

20. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

I finally figured out what I'm going to do. Scare all the little kids away from the house so I can eat all the candy! :D I listne to their frightened screams as they yell "MOMMY!" or something. I wonder how long it would be before the kids would stop coming to the door.