1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Old TV show I'm trying to remember

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Aekiel, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hi, just wondering if anyone can place the name of it I'll be grateful. Here's the description:

It was a childrens TV show in England about 6/7 years ago on global warming. It was on BBC 1 or ITV and the story was that scientists had got desperate about the melting of the ice caps and tried to fix it by exploding nukes over the Arctic Ocean. Not an entirely sane idea but its a childrens' tv show, what do you expect? Anyway, the ice caps melted and most of the world was sunk under water. The British Isles looked more like the Bahamas than Britain and tomatoes were a rare fruit. Thats about all I remember of it but I get an image of a suntanned girl pushing a pencil through her hand. Anyways, i was just wondering if anyone could place it and give me a name. Even a character name would be a step in the right direction.

2. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Never heard of it.

3. Aekiel

High Score:
    Probably not something you'd know unless you were a kid or had one at the time. I only know it because it was on the with the other kids shows after school.

4. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I've never heard of it. The only thing that comes close to your description that I can think of is Kevin Costner's "Water World."

5. Aekiel

High Score:
    Its not that either, though it is a good film. Damn, I'll go see if BBC and ITV have any TV archives of old shows. Though not knowing the name will be a set back.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Have no idea what it is, but it sounds fairly interesting. Pushing a pencil through ones hand doesnt sound like something that would be a in a 'kiddy' show, though.

7. Aekiel

High Score:
    It wasn't a traumatic thing, the pushing the pencil through her hand. It just seemed like it went straight through without hurting herself.