1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

And the Truth Shall Set You Free by silverskies - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Raijin, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Title: And the Truth Shall Set You Free
    Author: silverskies
    Rating: T
    Genre: General/Drama
    Pairing: None(slight chance of slash very far down the line)
    Summary: Response to the Veritaserum Challenge. Starts PreHogwarts. Harry cannot lie, how does this affect him? And what happens when he meets an escapee from Azkaban?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3205105/1/

Pretty decent story and Bellatrix has been playing a major role so far down the line. Sadly she's not her sadistic self but she's not a puddle of sugary patheticness either.

*edit* sorry about the author. Think I might have gotten mixed up between stories.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  2. ZanyMuggle

ZanyMuggle Third Year

I've read chapter 1. All I can say so far is that the first chapter was good enough to warrant reading chapter 2, which I will do now.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  3. ZanyMuggle

ZanyMuggle Third Year

Okay, I've read through chapter 5 (ff.net notation; author calls it chapter 4). Definitely worth getting the group's opinion.

The pairing of Bellatrix and little Harry is very well done (as in 'well written', not 'overcooked'). I would like to see what everyone else here thinks.

Of course, if it veers towards slash, as the warning says may happen later, I'll have to stop reading.

Also, the other big drawback is that the chapters are extremely short, shorter than some greeting cards I've seen.

ZM

4. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

I like this fic. Its one of the better fics though. Im not a fan of the pairing, if it even is a pairing, cause right now it seems more mother/son or teacher/student than that of a romantic interest.

5. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Provided it doesnt repeat the same freaking SS/PS storyline that every other preHogwarts/1st year story gets to eventually this will be a top notch bit of fiction.

I like the development of Bella as a character, and enjoy the premise. 5/5 if it doesnt go through PS 3.5/5 if it does.

6. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Don't double post, ZanyMuggle... the Edit button is there for a reason.

That said, decent, and I like it. It has the potential to be real good, as long as it doesn't follow PS/SS, as other people have said.

4.5/5

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Nice start. Two original ideas mixed into one AU story. Bella's character is great.

Unfortunately, I'm not very optimistic regarding the Hogwarts years. Since Harry is already a foot in the Slytherin, I can already see 'pre-slash' atmosphere developing between him and 'Dray', kinda like in 'Saving Conor'. They don't have to outright fuck eachother to make me sick.

But for now, 4/5

8. ZanyMuggle

ZanyMuggle Third Year

I hadn't thought of that. Yes, it would probably be easier to read Harry bearing Hagrid's children than Harry/Draco drivel.

9. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

I like this one better than the one where Bella whores herself off to Snape just because he takes them in.

Still, "I wuv Dway" is kinda like the Titanic. Sinking; but not quickly enough.

2.2 / 5

10. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

The auther states that this will not be a slash story, and that should Harry be kissed by anyone it will most likely be a friendly peck on the cheek. I quite like it and I really think that more people should read it. I want to see it in the library.