1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

dark/evil marauders?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by garion1500, Nov 24, 2006.

1. garion1500

garion1500 Third Year

Apologies in advance for this request.

Has anyone read any stories about the marauders becoming dark?

I recently reread "Tread Softly" and there was a scene where Lily had broken up with James because he was being extremely biased and hateful towards the Slytherins. He became angry enough at her rejection to nearly become physical with her but stopped himself. But the thought occured to me: what if he hadn't stopped himself? What if he said to himself "No one refuses James Potter!" or somesuch thing and curses her? And what if that led them all down a darker path where their pranks would become more vicious and potentially deadly? Now of course, Remus would probably have issues with this but Sirius would probably go along with it just to wreck havoc and by the time it occured to him that they were becoming Dark he would probably be in it too deep, not to mention James wouldn't let him back out either. Peter would of course do anything James or Sirius said.

I thought I once found a story on FF.net that had the premise of the marauders growing darker in their pranks, turning from annoying but harmless pranksters to more dark and deadly ones but I've been unable to find such a story.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I've seen a few such stories, but none that's really worth mentioning here. Plot holes that are made by trying to turn Voldemort into a good guy and Dumbledore into an evil madman are usually too great to swallow.

Although, I think I remember one story where James was planning to become a new dark lord, but never was strong enough to beat Voldemort... Hmm, can't remember anything more then that.

3. se7en

se7en Professor

I would like to read a marauders story where they are actualy mature, know how to fight with dark spells, and aren't litte biased kids. A story where it isn't like
    James:z0mG its snivviulus!1!1
    sirius: w0w my hair
    James: im SERIOUS!
    Sirius: No.. I'm SIRIUS ROFLROFL!!!

4. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

I really don't like Marauders fics. I mean innless the story is massive Au you know what happens to everyone in the end....... they all get blown up. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

5. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I think Se7en sums ups MWPP fics pretty well there. Whilst I do like the odd marauder era fic, it needs to be something special to grab my attention. In canon, (i think) we get the impression that James and Lily are extrodinary examples of wizards. Whether Rowling is trying to big up the Gryffindor/Slytherin divide by demonstrating bravery is a seperate matter. Rowling makes it clear in PS that there is more to being a wizard then knowledge, so we don't really know how capable James and Lily are. They are clearly no match for Voldemort given the result of the battle at Godrics Hollow. Therefore I am not sure how well a dark marauder fic would work, being a fan of fics that implement the characters portrayed in canon.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Dark Remus has some interesting possibilities.

7. Pug

Pug First Year DLP Supporter

I am definately not a marauder fan but I have come across a few. I never saved them to my favorites so I am unable to help you sorry.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Remus being taken in by Greyback. Like I said, interesting possibilities. Though, it not being Harry-centric would be a problem.

9. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

You could make that a back story though, or maybe just the first few chapters of a fic. Then it could lead into a plausible dark harry/werewolf harry fic.

Growing up with Greyback would probably give Remus a better sense of belonging to something and definitely come to grips with his werewolf side. That could lead to him taking in harry right from the Dursley's and biting him/raising him.

That all depends on how drastically growing up with Greyback effects Remus's time at hogwarts and whether he becomes friends with the marauders.

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

When I think of Werewolf Harry, I think of Harry in a business suit, and then, when something in a meeting doesn't go his way, I see him transforming and slaughtering everyone. <_< Before walking out stained with blood, and smiling at the passersby as he walks down the street, away from the building. :D

11. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Dark Marayders would probably have interesting possibilties. They could be a group of hitmen or something for Voldemort. I'm also not much of a Marauder fic fan as they're all far too cliche, much like se7en mentioned. The possibilty of turning dark and using pranks and stuff to kill for Voldemort is what I reckon could be really good.

As for Greyback/Remus fics I've always want to come across one were they have an epic fight. For example, Remus and Tonks are sitting on a couch watching telly when the door bursts open with Greyback standing there. (naturally theres a storm going on) Then, moonlight floods the room turning Greyback and Remus into werewolves and they lunge at each other. Remus trying to protect Tonks, Greyback going for both (perhaps to finish the job on Remus, there could be a bigger story behind his turning)

Does anyone know of any of these?

12. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Fourth Year

I doubt there needs to be a huge change of character, just someone who would be capable of pushing them in the right sort of direction. I could see it happening easily with Sirius or James whereas Remus would possibly be someone more unwilling - that said I do have a wonderful mental image of the two of them feeding their practice victims to Remus.

Back to the point. We already see the marauders as being mean and petty when confronting Snape; with a little bit of care you could quite easily nurture them towards being very dangerous.

13. se7en

se7en Professor

I was think of them not being "evil", but more dark and mature. They go off killing DE's and take charge. But somewhere along the way Peter defies them by being a spy and basicly James gets taken down by voldemort and Sirius gets framed. Remus is a Werewolf, so he can't do anything significant, and then Canon starts.

14. Nuntis

Nuntis First Year

So taking that and merging into the present day story line, you could definitely make the dark!Harry fic work splendidly, with him finding out more about what exactly his parents did for the war. Then...you can let it go from there?