1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AU Story Search

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by AbyssalDaemon, Dec 3, 2006.

1. AbyssalDaemon

AbyssalDaemon First Year

I was wondering if anyone here knew where I could find this fic where Harry who's still in the war against Voldemort gets pulled out of his dimension by Dumbledore into a another universe in order to fight their Voldemort. I don't remember much else about it except despite his parents being alive and all that, that Harry was less then pleased to be there and not in his own reality.

2. I'm not sure if this is it, and it does claim to be slash so be warned, but...

Title: Light in the Shadows
    Author: A Brighter Dawn
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1965826/1/
    Summary: In another universe, where Harry Potter never existed, things are getting desperate. Voldemort rules all with Lucius at his right hand and Draco, a vampire/veela hybrid, as his dark heir. Those who would rebel against him have been placed in the Shadow Camps. A last group of radicals desperately seek the help of one who can defeat the Dark Lord. They use a long forgotten ritual to bring them someone with the power to destroy this evil… Harry Potter never can get a break.
    This story is slash. You have been warned

I did start to read it then got bored, but it does sound like what you are describing. Not one I would rec though.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Hmmm... I think I remember something like it.

Harry is on a quest to retrieve some item needed to defeat Voldemort in the original world. He basically has to locate that thingy, kill alternate!Voldemort and then do the same thing in his home world. He hides under disguise and gets picked up by his alternate!family... at which point he turns into a powerless snivelling bitch (which is, obviously, where I ditched this story).

Not sure if this is it, but that's the only one I remember with such premise.

4. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

There are quite a few stories in that genre out there. You might want to be specific.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Wasnt there a story where Harry was in Azkaban, or some other jail which Voldemort was in control of, and Order from a different universe pulled him over or something? I think it was heavy on Lily, as well.

I remember it started well, but then I think it nose dived into the ground.

6. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I remember something like that. They called him the "Redeemer" or something and there was something fishy going on with their version of the war. I think the Death Eaters were more like some sort of resistance and included characters such as Tonks. I'll see if I can find it...

Edit: Ha! It was the Redeemer. Anyway, here's the story info:

Title: Æternus Praestolatio
    Author: blazingfirewolf
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2232245/1/
    Summary: [Pre HBP]Brought to an Alternate Reality where Voldemort died years ago, Harry Potter has to cope with, yet again, being expected to save the world. The problem is, he failed the last time he tried.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  7. AbyssalDaemon

AbyssalDaemon First Year

It isn't but thanks for looking.

Nah, the story starts out with Harry being pulled out of his dimension while on a battlefield by AUDumbledore supposedly for James and Lily, although it turns out that real reason that he called him was to deal with their universe's Voldemort. However Harry is less then pleased, given how he feels (rightly) that he has more important things to be doing then playing family with two people he never really knew and would rather be back in his own universe dealing with his own Voldemort then the AU one.

The only really negative thing about the story was that apparently the amazing bouncing ferret had become one of Harry's best friends at some point and somehow followed him into the AU. It didn't look like slash though.

Yep, its main problem was that it had the supper!Harry who kept getting bitchslapped by the bad guys and was Harry/Snape.