1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Chaos on the Hellmouth by Kung lou - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Kung_lou, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Title: Choas on the Hell mouth
    Author: Kung lou
    Rating: T
    Genre: AU
    DLP Genre: Alternate
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 61,415
    Updated: June 13, 2007
    Published: November 1, 2006

Summary: Harry Potter had fielded and led vast armies, manipulated intergalactic wars and raised mankind to the heights of first ones but he had not actually existed until a chaos mage had sabotaged a Halloween on the hell mouth.
    Link : http://www.tthfanfic.com/Story-10994/kunglou+Chaos+on+the+Hellmouth+HP+BtVS.htm
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3225186/1/Chaos-on-the-Hellmouth

Ok - Basic premise, Xander has a secret HP fetish and dresses up as a futuristic HP on Halloween. Chaos mage yada yada, a number of you have seen this in work by author but I think it has reached a decent enough length that I can start asking for some crtical judgement/reveiws on characters/plot/the usual.

Checked by Minion, August 12, 2013
    The TFF-Link isn't working any longer.
    If someone knows the correct link, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  2. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Didn't particularly like the starting, nor was the plot gripping enough to grab my attention. But that might be because of personal bias against crossovers.

Also the 4 crossovers thing was a bit of a moodkiller.
    I'd rate it 2/5 at the best.

3. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  4. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Well you did not mention that. You asked for my opinion when you posted this story particularly. Also as per rules posting format includes putting in the link of the story that you have posted and not your FF account.

5. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Okay - I just thought your opinion may have been different outside of a vaccuum.

Thank you. What about the crossovers did you not enjoy? Did the story feel to crowded with ideas?

6. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

So basically a psychic murderous over the top evil psycho harry steals Xander's body due to a Dues Ex.

2/5 and I think that I'm being generous.

7. jaspernoone

jaspernoone First Year

That was...slightly confusing...so many un...it was a pain in the ass if you will, sorry but it just didn't jump out and ensnare the mind if u will, it just...just annoying to try and read. 1/5, and i am being generous

8. Quill Runner

Quill Runner First Year

The thing that troubled me about this series is how radically everything spins away from canon. The only thing that anchors the story to the Potterverse is the fact that the protagonist is named Harry Potter. His character profile doesn't intersect at all with his canon equivalent. This is understandable given the root story, which I vaguely recall reading a bit of.

I also am not interested in where the story is heading. From the first couple of chapters, it appears that the fic is going to be about Harry stomping all over the Buffy characters on his way to greatness. They appear to bea a rather pathetic obstacle, which makes me wonder why they're there in the first place.

3/5.

QR

9. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

I think your overestimating Harry's abillities

Harry is a wizard ripped out of time, away from his powerbase and into a new body.

His people have been exterminated in an ancient conflict led by people seemingly more powerful than he at his peak. It will take months, years to gain even a fraction of the power he lost back.

He may be ruthless, vicious and sadistic but that has now been tempered by the constant conflict instilled by his newly found hamanity - a conflict which may never be resolved.

Unknown threats seem to hover both from his old universe and his new.

Yes Harry is massively AU - thios is the third WIP in the series ( I AM Still working on the other two) but Harry will defineatly NOT be smoking over anyone.